7 Best B2B Ecommerce Platforms of 2023 + Key Features
In recent years, the term ‘ecommerce’ has become an increasingly important part of the business world.
Many companies have switched from brick-and-mortar stores and started eCommerce businesses for a good reason – generally, ecommerce is a more efficient way to sell products and services than traditional methods.
With many eCommerce platforms on the market, many businesses thus transitioned to online sales.
However, some businesses need a more advanced e-commerce marketing strategy as well as more intricate solutions for their target audience.
As a result, a category of e-commerce platforms that cater to companies in the business-to-business arena was created.
Business-to-business (B2B) eCommerce is a different ball game compared to business-to-consumer (B2C).
The best B2B ecommerce platforms will have certain features that make them ideal for selling to other businesses.
In this post, I’ll review the best B2B ecommerce platforms and their key features, helping you decide which platform is best for your business.
Let’s get right into it.
The following are the best B2B ecommerce platforms right now.
BigCommerce is one of the best B2B eCommerce platforms today.
It offers many features businesses need to succeed online while providing excellent support and scalability options.
If you want to take your business to new heights, BigCommerce could be the perfect platform for you.
With the rock-solid foundation that BigCommerce provides, businesses can quickly expand their online presence and take on more customers.
- Convert more leads and sales with the help of BigCommerce’s features.
- With BigCommerce, businesses can quickly expand their reach and target new markets.
- Get insights into your business with the use of BigCommerce’s powerful analytics tools.
- Reach a global audience with BigCommerce’s international selling B2B features.
- BigCommerce integrates with the tools and platforms you already use, making it easy to get started.
With the provided step-by-step guide, businesses can quickly get started with BigCommerce.
The platform is easy to use and navigate, even for those who are not tech-savvy.
The user interface is clean and straightforward, making it simple to find what you’re looking for.
You will have to request a quote from BigCommerce to get pricing information.
- Success managers help you get the most out of the platform.
- Easy to use and great for businesses that are expanding their online presence.
- Some customizations require better code knowledge to get everything done the way you want.
- A payment provider for merchants in LATAM called dLocal had been introduced to the BigCommerce platform. This will allow businesses to accept payments from customers in this region, making it easier to do business.
Formerly known as Magento Commerce, Adobe Commerce is a feature-rich ecommerce platform that helps businesses take their online sales to new heights.
Creating multi channel commerce experiences is easy with Adobe Commerce, thanks to its powerful tools and features.
Create content easily and manage your product catalog with Adobe Commerce’s intuitive interface.
With this platform, businesses can also take advantage of the company’s vast ecosystem of integrations and add-ons.
You can also personalize for specific B2B customer segments by leveraging AI-powered recommendations.
- Adobe Commerce helps businesses sell their products and services across multiple channels: online, in-store, and mobile channels.
- With Adobe Commerce, businesses can reach more customers and expand their reach.
- Adobe Commerce provides businesses with powerful tools to manage and deliver orders.
- You can also use Adobe Commerce to automate order fulfillment and manage your inventory.
- Adobe Commerce provides businesses with a powerful user interface that helps them sell more products and services.
The platform is excellent, with the ability to use analytics to your advantage while improving customer experience.
Various drag-and-drop features make it easy to create pages without having to code.
You can request a demo to get pricing information from Adobe Commerce.
- Customize your experience in infinite ways due to the Adobe ecosystem.
- Capabilities that allow for a great online customer experience make it a great platform for both the business owner and the customer.
- Fine-tuning the platform is complex as there are so many routes one could go down.
- PayPal PayFlow Pro now works as intended with B2B negotiable quotes.
- Expected customer attributes directly function within the system.
A platform that’s flexible and fast to launch, Shopify Plus provides more of what businesses need to succeed online.
Shopify Plus is also an excellent choice for businesses that want to scale their operations quickly and efficiently.
From ecommerce to the point of sale, Shopify Plus has it all covered. You can easily manage your products, inventory, orders, and customers with Shopify Plus.
With no need to install any software, you can be up and running quickly while having the ability to create shopping experiences that feature cutting-edge technology, product videos, and even 3D business models.
- Manage complexity in your eCommerce operations with Shopify Plus.
- Integrate your systems quickly and easily.
- Sell your products and services on multiple channels.
- Use augmented reality (AR), video, and 3D to create a superior customer experience.
- Get up to 18% higher conversion rates using Shop Pay, Shopify’s accelerated checkout feature.
- Customize your checkout experience with custom discounts, shipping options, and more.
If you’ve used Shopify before, you’ll recognize the user interface on Shopify Plus as it is similar to the standard version.
You’ll get a summary of your sales when you first log in, and you can easily find the information and features you need within a few clicks.
The pricing is available on request.
- Unlimited extensibility allows for a high degree of customization.
- Hundreds of integrations are available.
- It can feel a bit rigid when a business grows at a fast rate.
- Shopify Audiences help find new customers that are ready to buy.
- As a developer, you can use development stores to test new features before pushing them live.
If you want to create various marketplaces or online stores, then CS-Cart is the platform for you.
With CS-Cart, businesses can manage an unlimited number of storefronts from a single backend.
Gone are the days when you needed to purchase add-ons to expand the functionality of your ecommerce platform.
CS-Cart provides businesses with all the features they need to succeed online, right out of the box.
With no coding required to start, businesses can launch their online stores quickly and easily.
- Built-In designing tools allow you to create a unique look for your store.
- A fully customizable platform can be tailored to your specific business needs.
- Mobile responsive designs ensure that your store looks great on all devices.
- A free support period provides you with free support for the first six months.
- Regular updates keep your store up-to-date with the latest.
The ability to see the total B2B sales, recent orders, order statuses, and much more from one interface makes managing an online store easy.
You can also see how many active products and customers you have, allowing you to make better decisions on the fly.
There are three pricing plans on offer:
- Standard: $1,450/one-time
- Plus: $3,500/one-time
- Ultimate: $7,500/one-time
- The license is lifetime and allows you to use the software to create and manage an unlimited number of stores.
- Timely updates ensure that your store is always up-to-date.
- Support is not always up to par and might take you a few iterations to get the answers you need.
- Colors that match the brand are now easily customizable to provide a consistent look and feel throughout the platform.
- Multi-vendor booking system lets businesses take bookings and appointments online.
WooCommerce requires little to no introduction in the ecommerce world.
It is one of the most popular ecommerce platforms on the planet.
WooCommerce B2B is an extension of the popular WooCommerce platform, specifically designed for businesses that sell to other companies.
This plugin provides businesses with all the necessary features to succeed in the B2B ecommerce space.
From automated pricing to quote requests, WooCommerce B2B has it all covered, offering its users a comprehensive suite of tools to help them succeed online.
- Enable default registration fields to make it easier for customers to sign up.
- Hide products and categories based on user roles.
- Hide prices and add to cart buttons until a customer is logged in.
- Convert quote requests into orders with the click of a button.
- Configure different prices for products and services based on customer location.
- Set tiered pricing based on the number of items purchased.
- Add customer-specific pricing to give your best customers the best deals.
- Apply role-based pricing to members of your team.
Being a product that integrates with WordPress, the WooCommerce B2B plugin is very user-friendly.
The interface is clean and easy to navigate, and all the features are clearly laid out.
The cost of this platform is $149.00, billed annually.
- Tons of features cater to any business need.
- Regular updates keep the platform up-to-date.
- When invoicing, the options are not as comprehensive as other platforms.
- Multiple types of registration fields are now supported.
- You can adjust your product prices for each user role.
Pepperi allows you to stay connected and sell smarter with real-time insights to make decisions on the go.
With Pepperi, businesses can take their sales operation online and reach new markets quickly and easily.
Making buying seamless, Pepperi unifies all your sales channels, whether B2B or B2C, online or offline.
From pricing and promotions to orders and inventory, Pepperi has it all covered, offering businesses a comprehensive solution for selling in the digital age.
If you want to increase sales and optimize your margins, then Pepperi is a great platform to consider.
- Let customers self-serve what they need by allowing them to browse, order, and reorder products on their own.
- Deliver buyer-specific experiences by creating personalized catalogs and price lists for each of your customers.
- Consolidate omnichannel sales from all your channels, online and offline, in one place for easy management.
- Understand what’s happening with real-time insights and reports so you can make informed decisions on the go.
- Infinite flexibility to tailor the platform to your specific needs with custom fields, workflows, and integrations.
- Being omnichannel, Pepperi brings an all-in-one approach to all your sales channels for a seamless experience.
Book a demo to see what plan works best for your business needs.
NetSuite Commerce helps oversee every aspect of your ecommerce business from a single platform.
It allows businesses to manage their inventory, customers, orders, and more from one easy-to-use interface.
NetSuite Commerce also provides users with powerful insights and analytics to make informed decisions about their business.
With a cloud solution, businesses can quickly scale their operation as they grow without worrying about the technical aspects of running an ecommerce website.
Creating consistent B2B and B2C customer experiences is easy with NetSuite Commerce, making it an excellent platform for businesses selling to consumers and other companies.
- Seamless commerce helps businesses manage their inventory, customers, order management, and more from a single easy-to-use platform.
- Fulfill orders quickly and efficiently with NetSuite Commerce
- Truly get to know your customers using powerful insights and analytics to help your business make informed decisions.
You’ll have to get in touch with them to get pricing information.
Enterprise brands need an online store built for their unique business needs.
B2B ecommerce platforms are designed to do just that.
These platforms allow businesses to manage their inventory, customers, orders, and more from one easy-to-use interface.
Advanced features not typically found in other ecommerce stores make these platforms ideal for businesses that sell to other companies.
In addition, ecommerce software built for B2B can save businesses time and money by automating many of the tasks needed to run an online store.
With the business models of many businesses involving wholesale customers that buy in large quantities, a B2B ecommerce platform can give them the needed edge to succeed.
Various ecommerce functionality is available on B2B ecommerce platforms.
The following features should be considered when choosing your B2B ecommerce platform.
B2B businesses need to be able to sell on multiple channels, including their website, marketplace sites, and social media platforms.
The best B2B ecommerce platforms will offer a multichannel solution that lets businesses manage all their sales channels from one central place.
An ecommerce store needs a robust inventory management system to keep track of products and stock levels.
The best B2B ecommerce platforms will offer real-time inventory updates, the ability to set reorder points, and automated replenishment.
Your sales team needs to have the ability to build relationships with customers and understand their buying habits.
With relationships being the cornerstone of B2B ecommerce, your platform should offer features such as customer profiles, order history, and wishlists.
Having an ecommerce store that can offer custom pricing based on customer groups is essential for any B2B business.
Custom pricing allows companies to offer discounts to loyal customers or charge different prices for bulk orders.
When dealing with business customers, creating different customer groups with additional permissions is often necessary.
This could be a group for employees of a company or a group for resellers.
B2B ecommerce platforms will offer the ability to create customer groups and set permissions for each group.
Online stores within the right ecommerce platform should also be able to offer the ability to provide credit terms, request quotes, and create approvals for orders.
More business opportunities will open up if an ecommerce platform can integrate with other software, such as an ERP system.
This could be for managing inventory, processing orders, or tracking customer data.
Enterprise-level businesses should also consider an ecommerce platform that integrates with systems they are already using.
CRM backend integration will ensure real-time order and customer data and provide valuable insights for sales and marketing teams.
Setting up the proper permissions is also essential as it allows businesses to control who can see what information.
In addition, API access should also be available for businesses that want to build a solution that simply works.
As an ecommerce site grows, the platform needs to be able to handle the increased traffic and data.
The chosen B2B ecommerce platform should offer features such as unlimited products, orders, and customers.
Various providers will offer different plans tailored for businesses of different sizes.
It is essential to choose a platform that can accommodate future growth to avoid the need to switch platforms later on.
When dealing with business-to-business sales, it is essential to have an ecommerce platform that can scale with your business.
Having workflows that allow B2B ecommerce software to reorder stock when it gets low automatically is critical to avoid downtime.
As such (and depending on the business needs), corporate accounts should be able to use digital commerce to trigger an automated reordering process with the chosen supplier.
This might be one of the most important ecommerce features for businesses that have to juggle a lot of SKUs, locations, and customers.
When businesses access their shopping cart over time, they expect updated product information.
There are different ways to keep product catalogs updated.
One way is for ecommerce platforms to update the product information from supplier feeds automatically.
Another way is to update product information through an easy-to-use interface manually.
Having different options available will give businesses the flexibility to choose the method that works best for them.
Payment options are essential to consider when choosing a B2B ecommerce platform.
The best platforms will offer a variety of payment gateway integrations to choose from.
This gives business customers the flexibility to choose the best gateway for them.
These might include credit cards, PayPal, bank transfers, or cryptocurrency.
The ability to offer different payment methods will make it easier for businesses to complete a purchase.
B2B buyers expect a different experience than B2C buyers.
They want to be able to find what they need quickly and easily.
The best B2B ecommerce platforms will offer advanced search, filtering, and navigation features.
Having updated product information that one can use for bulk orders and the ability to save shopping carts is also essential.
Business owners dealing with an ecommerce market that’s fast-paced and requires a lot of customization should consider a self-service solution.
Various plugins exist that can help a business with its marketing efforts.
As such, businesses might need features such as coupons, discounts, or referral programs.
Others might need abandoned cart reminders or email marketing integrations.
The ability to streamline these marketing efforts will save businesses time and money.
With various security breaches making headlines over time, choosing an ecommerce platform that takes security seriously is essential.
The best B2B ecommerce platforms will have features such as SSL encryption, fraud protection, and PCI compliance.
These features will help keep businesses and their customers safe from online threats.
Some ecommerce websites prefer to use an open-source platform.
Open source platforms offer businesses a lot of flexibility and control.
They also tend to be more affordable than their proprietary counterparts.
The downside of using an open-source platform is that businesses must take care of their updates and security.
Typically, the customer experience when dealing with these updates is not as streamlined as it is with a proprietary platform, where the platform provider takes care of the updates.
For some B2B businesses, the extra control and flexibility offered by an open-source platform outweigh the cons.
Seeing the source code that platforms run on does have its benefits, but having an ecosystem supported by a community of developers is also essential.
There are a few critical differences between B2B and B2C ecommerce.
Obviously, the main difference is that B2B ecommerce deals with businesses, while B2C ecommerce deals with consumers.
With many B2C examples that can be seen on social media when advertising products on platforms like Amazon, it might seem that B2B ecommerce wouldn’t need as much focus on marketing.
However, this is not the case.
B2B companies need distributors to reach the businesses they are selling to.
They also need to create content that speaks to the needs of their target market.
The best B2B ecommerce platforms will have features that cater to the needs of businesses.
Moreover, sales channels that focus on B2B ecommerce will also have different requirements.
To this extent, various B2B SaaS companies offer products that help sell to businesses.
CRM software, for example, is essential for managing customer relationships.
Inventory management software can also help keep track of stock levels and manage orders.
The best B2B ecommerce platforms will offer integrations with these types of software.
Ecommerce is a rapidly growing industry, and businesses must choose the right platform to sell their products and services.
When it comes to B2B ecommerce, knowing the essential features on offer is needed to help businesses choose the right platform.
In addition, businesses should consider the needs of their target market, the marketing tools available, and the security features offered.
This allows them to find a platform that meets their specific needs.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com: Check out my BigCommerce vs. Shopify review for a side-by-side comparison of two of the most popular ecommerce platforms.
Also, if you want to take your e-commerce strategy to the next level, here are the best order fulfillment services that include reverse logistics, packaging, warehousing, and more.