7 Best Cloud Hosting Options in 2023: Pricing & Features
Choosing the right cloud hosting option is vitally important to your business. From cost and performance to features and support, the best cloud hosting options can help you meet your goals. In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the 7 best cloud hosting options, so that you can pick the best one for you.
Cloudways helps over 75,000 businesses with digital transformation by providing fast website load speeds, increased scalability, and improved security.
Bluehost is a cloud hosting provider that offers various types of hosting, from shared to WordPress to VPS. It has several features that users may find helpful.
HostGator’s Cloud helps you scale your operations by providing a variety of hosting options that keep the site uptime high and the loading times low.
Many individuals and businesses use SiteGround for long-term cloud hosting since it is a reliable web hosting company that offers lightning fast site speeds.
For ecommerce sites and businesses that want to stay on the forefront of innovation, Nexcess is ideal as it offers all the needed tools to run such businesses.
We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
“I don’t trust the cloud. It’s always raining on my data”, goes one popular joke.
Despite raising a few eyebrows as more services went online in the late 1990s and early 2000s, web hosting services have come a long way since then.
While traditional web hosting services are still a popular form of hosting, cloud hosting services are now used by the majority of users, thanks to their many advantages.
This also led to the introduction of cloud storage services, now used by millions of individuals and businesses worldwide.
In this post, I rank and review the best cloud hosting providers right now, based on their features, performance, support, and more, helping you choose the right web provider for your needs.
Let’s get right into it.
The following are the best cloud hosting providers to consider.
Cloudways helps more than 75000 businesses with digital transformation by delivering faster website loading speeds, improved scalability, and enhanced security.
With a fully optimized stack and Cloudways CDN (Content Delivery Network), your website will be delivered to visitors at lightning speeds from multiple data centers worldwide.
With the option to choose from five cloud providers and the ability to host multiple websites on their cloud servers, Cloudways is a great option for businesses looking to take their online presence to the next level.
You can also control crucial factors like your staging environment, scaling, SSL, backups, and more with just a few clicks on their intuitive interface.
Check out my full Cloudways review for more information about this platform.
- They have 24/7 expert support, which is fantastic because you can always get help when needed.
- It’s beneficial because you can have your favorite apps optimized to the max.
- The Cloudflare Enterprise CDN is an excellent feature because it helps improve performance.
- SSD-based hosting is great because it can help improve speed and reliability.
- Built-in advanced caches can help improve performance and ensure your website runs smoothly.
- I think it’s beneficial that they have auto-healing managed cloud servers because it can help keep your website up and running even if there are some problems.
Deploying managed applications on the Cloudways Platform is simple and easy.
You can use their 1-click installer to install your favorite applications quickly.
Cloudways’ prices depend on the service you require.
Prices generally range between $33.18 per month to $225.93+ per month.
- The performance that you get is one of the best things about Cloudways. They have a lot of features that can help improve performance.
- You can easily move your website to Cloudways from other hosts with their migration service.
- You can’t easily host a DNS, so you might need a third-party service for this.
- Magento 2.4.5 is now available with new features, upgrades, and improvements, giving you the ultimate experience on Cloudways.
Get started with Cloudways.
Bluehost helps with various types of cloud hosting, from shared to WordPress to VPS, and has various features to offer users.
From setting up WordPress websites that are fully optimized for speed and performance to ecommerce stores designed to scale and grow with your business, Bluehost has the tools and resources you need to succeed online.
They offer a free consultation for those unsure which type of hosting is right for them, and their customer support team is always available to help with any questions or concerns.
You can also use their domain registrar services to get a custom domain name for your website, and their one-click WordPress installer makes it easy to get started with your new website.
When it comes to designing, their templates, tools, and resources make it easy to create a professional-looking website, even if you don’t have any design experience.
- I like their 24/7 support because it allows me to get help when I need it.
- Their expert 1:1 building guidance is even better as it allows me to get to the heart of the problem.
- Their search engine optimization is really good because it helps to get your site seen by potential customers.
- I also appreciate their Google Ads services as this is useful for those that use paid advertising methods to reach their target market.
Their Cpanel experience makes it easy to manage your hosting, with clearly divided sections for each type of service.
From email management to website building, the panel gives you all the tools you need to succeed.
Bluehost offers these pricing plans:
- Basic: $2.95
- Plus: $5.45
- Choice Plus: $5.45
- Pro: $13.95
All of these are on a 12-month term.
- A ton of functionality enables you to do a lot with your site.
- Additional software you can add to your hosting account ensures you get the most bang for your buck.
- The level of support for more advanced issues could be better.
- WordPress 5.9 is now part of BlueHost, allowing complete site editing to help you create the perfect website.
Get started with Bluehost.
HostGator Cloud helps scale your business by offering various types of hosting, from shared to WordPress to VPS.
They also offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee, which means that your website will almost always be up and running.
You can also get a free domain for a year with your hosting plan, an extra expense you’d otherwise have to pay for.
With integrations to your favorite apps made easy, HostGator is an excellent option for those looking to get their business online.
- Their free domain feature is suitable for people just starting with their website and who don’t have a domain yet.
- Free site transfers are also suitable for people transferring their websites from another host.
- Then, their unmetered bandwidth is great for people who have a lot of traffic to their websites or who have high-resolution images on their websites.
- The 99.9% uptime is something I appreciate, as I hate when my website is down. It’s good to know that they offer a guarantee like this.
Another well-laid-out Cpanel allows users to find what they need with ease, even if it’s their first time dealing with this.
Users can choose from these pricing plans on HostGator:
- Hatchling Plan: $2.75/mo
- Baby Plan: $3.50/mo
- Business Plan: $5.25/mo
- Reliable VPS hosting ensures that your site is always up and running.
- With domain registration features, it’s easy to get started with your new website.
- The speed is not the fastest when compared to other hosting companies.
- The HostGator Paper Lantern cPanel theme offers a redesigned Cpanel for an even better user experience.
Get started with HostGator.
SiteGround is a fast, secure and reliable web hosting provider many users use for ongoing cloud hosting.
Recommended by WordPress.org, they offer a wide variety of features specifically designed for websites running this content management system.
Through their Woo hosting, built on top of Google cloud platform infrastructure, they offer some of the fastest speeds in the industry.
Their sites load as much as 30% faster than other hosts, which is a great benefit considering both site visitors and search engines.
If you are focused on the speed of your website and want the best possible performance, SiteGround is a great option.
- I like their guaranteed resources feature when it comes to cloud hosting. It helps ensure that one’s website always has the resources to function correctly and without any issues.
- I also appreciate their fully managed service. It removes a lot of the stress and worries knowing that everything is being taken care of.
- Their easy account management is also a huge plus. It’s very user-friendly and makes it easy to keep track of making any necessary changes.
- With automatic scaling, users never have to worry about their site crashing due to a sudden influx of traffic.
- Their staging, Git, and WP-CLI features are also beneficial. They make it easy for users to test out new changes and update their websites without issues.
Whether adding a new site to your hosting account, migrating, or setting up WordPress, the easy-to-use wizard will guide you through the process.
SiteGround offers these pricing plans:
- Jump Start: 80.00 €/mo
- Business: 160.00 €/mo
- Business Plus: 240.00 €/mo
- Super Power: 320.00 €/mo
- The customer service team does its best to help with whatever issue you’re having.
- They offer a wide variety of features, which is excellent for those who need more than just the basics.
- Renewals can be expensive when you have a lot of services under one account.
- You can now use their website blocker to stop traffic from specific countries. This is great for those who only target a specific region or want to limit the amount of traffic from particular areas.
Get started with SiteGround.
Nexcess is excellent for sites and stores that want to be on the cutting edge of technology.
With performance tools and feature-rich plugins constantly being updated, you can be sure that your website is always up-to-date and running smoothly.
Nexcess also offers a wide variety of hosting plans to find the perfect one for your needs.
Then, with tools like built-in image compression, you can save even more space and resources.
When it comes to ecommerce brands that are serious about their site operations, factors such as abandoned carts and page builder plugins make Nexcess a top choice.
Moreover, through various PCI compliance and malware removal features, you can have peace of mind knowing that your website and customers are always protected.
- Their autoscaling is one of the best features available because it allows you to easily and quickly scale up or down as needed, which can be helpful when your traffic fluctuates.
- I also appreciate that they have a customizable tech stack, which means you can choose the technologies you’re most comfortable with that will work best for your project.
- Additionally, their PCI-compliant infrastructure is helpful if you’re handling sensitive data.
- Lastly, I think their dev sites and staging feature is beneficial because it allows you to test your site before pushing it live, saving you a lot of time and hassle.
Nexcess gives you all the stats you need at a glance to help you keep track of your website’s performance.
In addition, you can use the left-hand side menu to quickly and easily navigate between different sections of the control panel.
Nexcess offers these pricing plans (per month):
- XS: $49
- S: $99
- M: $179
- L: $299
- XL: $549
- XXL: $849
- The excellent and simple-to-use dashboard offers many features, enabling your web hosting control.
- Free and premium plugins work well with WordPress and other popular platforms.
- Older setups may not get the flexibility newer installations offer, so an upgrade may be required.
- The new Nexcess panel has been designed to help you manage your website more efficiently.
Get started with Nexcess.
Hostwinds provides personal-level support for those that want more guidance in their hosting journey.
Whatever the needs of your website might be, Hostwinds has you covered with a wide range of hosting plans designed to ensure your site is always up and running.
You’ll have complete control over your website with a cloud server solution that can be completely customizable to your liking.
There is no single point of failure on their network either, so you can rest assured that your site is always running as should be.
Finally, through 24/7 cloud server monitoring, you can be sure that any issues with your site will be immediately identified and fixed.
- They have full management features, and I like how they can help keep one’s site running smoothly.
- The redundant network feature is excellent and very useful in case of unforeseen problems.
- Backups are always important, so it’s good that they offer nightly backups in case anything goes wrong.
They offer a range of choices based on one’s specific needs.
Ranging from 1 CPU at $ 0.006931/hr to 16 CPUs at $ 0.456931/hr, you’ll be able to find the perfect hosting plan for your website.
Kamatera uses load balancers, which are great for those that want to ensure their website always has high availability.
With this, you can be sure that your site is always up and running, no matter how much traffic it’s getting.
With cloud experts that can guide you through the process of setting up and managing your website, you’ll be in good hands with Kamatera.
Additionally, they offer a pay-as-you-go model, so you only ever have to pay for what you use.
This can be helpful if you’re on a tight budget or your website doesn’t require a lot of resources.
Such resources can also be scaled up or down, so you never have to worry about overpaying or not having enough resources.
- They have a server setup that can be done in less than a minute, and I like how it can be scaled up or down as required.
- Their uptime is guaranteed at 99.95%, which is quite a high percentage.
- The backup and monitoring options are simple to understand and monitor.
Kamatera’s prices start at $0.005/hour, roughly reaching $4 per month.
You can also build your cloud server and tailor it to your needs.
Other cloud hosting options include Hostinger Cloud, Linode, Liquid Web, Amazon AWS, Vultr, Digitalocean, InMotion, A2 Hosting, and Dreamhost.
A cloud hosting provider ensures that your website is always up and running while ensuring visitors get the fastest loading times possible.
With various hosting services that can assist you with everything from website design to e-commerce solutions, the top cloud hosting providers will be able to provide you with a comprehensive package that will help you take your business to the next level.
From the small business that wants to ensure their site is always available to the corporation that understands that any downtime will lead to significant financial losses, cloud hosting providers give users the peace of mind required to focus on more significant business levers.
The best cloud hosting plans will offer many of these features.
From managed cloud hosting, where the user doesn’t have to do much in terms of administration and maintenance, to having VPS hosting that caters to businesses with more complex needs, to packages that involve a more hands-on approach, the best hosting providers will offer a range of options to choose from.
Keeping in mind the user’s budget and specific business needs, this allows them to choose the package that best suits their requirements.
From offering a free SSL certificate to having daily backups as part of the package, the best cloud hosting providers will go above and beyond to ensure that your website is always safe and secure.
Moreover, the proper firewalls forming part of a web server will ensure that your website is protected from potential threats.
A dedicated IP and a dedicated service benefit those who value uptime and speed.
One of the most significant benefits of having a dedicated IP address is that it ensures your website’s traffic is not affected by other websites on the same server.
Another key benefit of having a dedicated service is that it gives you more control over your website’s functions.
That said, compared to shared hosting, these dedicated web hosting services are typically more expensive.
Cpanel is the central administration panel for a Linux server.
It’s where you set up email accounts, manage databases, and control several other vital functions of your website.
While Cpanel is unavailable on Windows servers, many hosts will provide you with an alternative control panel that offers similar functionality.
From using the provided website builder to create a site that follows brand guidelines, to managing e-commerce stores and blogs, cPanel allows users to take complete control of your web presence.
Cloud hosting solutions that offer Cpanel access might also allow you to decide how many CPU cores your site needs, how much memory it can use, and more.
This helps avoid overage charges from your provider should your traffic unexpectedly spike.
In addition, with SEO-friendly features that can speed up load times and ensure you configure your site to best perform in search results, Cpanel is an essential tool for anyone looking to get the most out of their website.
You can also use your control panel to install apps and set up integrations with various software programs.
Whether your cloud hosting runs on Linux or Windows, knowing the pros and cons of each can help you make an informed decision about which is best for your needs.
Said differently, cloud computing and server hosting can get complicated the more extensive your website or business gets.
The best cloud hosting services will have experts on staff that can advise you on which operating system best suits your specific website or application.
Also, cloud hosting servers typically come with a pre-configured control panel that makes it easy to manage your website or application without worrying about server administration.
When it comes to getting a great web hosting experience that provides fast site loading times, SSD storage is essential.
It’s important to note that not all cloud hosting services offer this type of storage, so be sure to check before you make your purchase.
However, those that do typically offer plans with a certain amount of SSD storage included.
You can also usually upgrade your plan to include more of this storage if you find that you need it.
Depending on your website or application, you might need a specific database.
From MySQL to MongoDB, the best cloud hosting services will allow you to choose the database software you wish to run.
A managed WordPress database that connects everything and makes it easy to create posts, and pages, and add plugins is usually sufficient for beginners.
For more advanced users, having root access to change their server configuration settings gives them more control over how their site functions.
Cloud web hosting that provides domain names can save you both time and money.
Instead of searching for and purchasing a domain name separately, some hosts will include one (or more) free domains when you sign up for an annual plan (in general).
This can be a great way to get started with your new website or blog without worrying about the additional cost of purchasing a domain name.
Plus, it’s one less thing you have to set up and manage on your own.
A cloud plan might look good on paper.
However, some might find that after using it for some time, it is not the right fit for them.
Hosting companies that are serious about their service typically offer a 30-day money-back guarantee so those dissatisfied with the service can get their money back.
Anyone from a startup that wants to ensure they’re making the right decision with their site hosting, to a WordPress hosting digital agency that manages other businesses’ websites and needs to be able to switch providers if necessary, a money-back guarantee is an essential factor to consider when choosing a cloud hosting service.
No matter how good a cloud hosting company’s product is, there will always be times you need support.
When something goes wrong or you have a question, it’s essential to know that you can contact customer support and get a helpful and speedy response.
The best cloud hosting companies offer 24/7/365 customer support via phone, email, or live chat.
A cloud platform that offers all the features and services above can be a great asset for your business.
Whether you opt for a dedicated server featuring a cloud virtual private server, ensuring your website is always up and running, or choosing a more basic shared hosting plan, the important thing is to find a provider you can trust that offers the features and support you need.
Ultimately, the right hosting platform will give your business the tools it needs to succeed online.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com: Knowing how to choose the best web hosting service is essential for any business owner looking to take their business online.
The above guide will help you understand the different types of hosting services available and which one is best for your needs.
In addition, if you’re interested in specific VPS hosting providers (typically for more advanced users), I’ve compiled a list of the top VPS hosting providers for you to check out.
Our reviews are made by a team of experts before being written and come from real-world experience. Read our editorial process here.
Last Updated on December 8, 2022 by Adam Enfroy