7 Best Dedicated Hosting Providers: Ranked & Reviewed (2022)
Choosing the right dedicated hosting provider is vitally important to your business. From choosing the right CPU and operating system to ensuring you have the best uptime and security, the best dedicated hosting providers can help you meet your goals. In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the 7 best dedicated hosting providers, so that you can pick the best one for you.
No matter your level of experience, GoDaddy’s dedicated hosting can offer you the control you need over your server. Their features are beneficial for developers, system admins, ecommerce businesses, and more.
By using HostGator, you will have access to all of the resources you need to make your business or website successful. Their dedicated hosting plans are designed to give you the power and flexibility you need to grow your business.
DreamHost provides you with both hardware and software so that you can use server resources liberally based on your specific hosting needs. You can customize the server to your liking and get started with hosting immediately.
InMotion offers excellent performance at an affordable price for dedicated servers. With automatic updates and security patches, you can rest assured that your site is using the latest software to protect against online threats.
By using next-gen servers, AccuWeb assures excellent performance for your website. In addition, support for multi-core processors from both Intel and AMD allows your site to manage a larger traffic volume effortlessly.
We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Have a website that gets tons of traffic and requires top-of-the-line performance?
Need web hosting services that aren’t shared with other users?
While there are different types of hosting you could choose from, dedicated hosting is always a great option if you’re looking for stability, performance, and security.
Similar to a top-end sports car built for speed and power, a dedicated server is a hosting solution optimized for performance and comes with plenty of horsepower under the hood.
In this article, I’ll rank and review the best-dedicated hosting providers currently available.
Let’s get right into it.
The following are the best-dedicated hosting providers.
GoDaddy offers dedicated hosting that all types of users can take advantage of.
From experienced developers and system admins, to agencies and ecommerce businesses, you’ll have complete control over your server options with GoDaddy.
This ensures your mission-critical applications can fully utilize the processing power available.
You can also monitor your server uptime to ensure that your applications are always available as people visit your site.
- GoDaddy has an Easy-to-use control panel, and I like how it makes managing a server easy.
- It’s also great that their servers have a 99.9% uptime.
- The free SSL certificate is a nice touch – it shows that GoDaddy is committed to providing a secure hosting experience.
- The built-in security is also helpful – it gives users peace of mind knowing that their website is safe.
- I think GoDaddy offers a great dedicated hosting experience, and I recommend them to those looking for a top-notch experience.
The easy-to-use control panel is one of the best things about GoDaddy’s dedicated hosting.
It’s straightforward to manage a server and ensure everything is running smoothly.
GoDaddy offers these packages:
- DS-32: $129.99/mo
- DS-64: $169.99/mo
- DS-128: $299.99/mo
- DS-256: $399.99/mo
- With reliable frameworks for your domain, database, and content, you can always focus on your website rather than worry about hosting.
- You can add features to your website gradually as you scale.
- The price for their email service is a bit expensive.
- Unlimited service requests ensure you’re always taken care of quickly if you run into issues.
Get started with GoDaddy.
HostGator opens up the possibilities of your business or website by providing complete system resources to get the job done.
They also offer HDD or SSD hard-drive options to allow for more storage and faster loading times.
Then, with Webmatrix on Windows, or cPanel and WHM on Linux or Plesk, you can choose how you want to manage your hosting.
With 20 years of experience, HostGator knows what they’re doing regarding hosting.
And with their US-based system and in a Tier 3 data center, you can be sure that your website will always be up and running.
- Their 24/7/365 support feature is outstanding because it helps users know that a support team member will quickly handle any problem.
- I also like how they have full or semi-managed hosting options because it allows users to choose how much control they want over their hosting.
- The option to use Linux or Windows is helpful because it gives users the ability to use the operating system they are most comfortable with.
- The advanced tech that HostGator uses ensures websites are always running smoothly and efficiently.
Logging into your Cpanel and seeing all your hosting options in one place is helpful.
HostGator offers these pricing plans:
- Value Server: $89.98/mo
- Power Server: $119.89/mo
- Enterprise Server: $139.99/mo
- With their click-to-deploy solution, everything is automated for your convenience.
- The hosting is easy to set up, and I like how they offer a wide variety of plans.
- The customer service department is not as responsive as I would like them to be.
- The infrastructure’s options now include more options, catering to various budgets.
Get started with HostGator.
DreamHost offers both hardware and software to get the job done.
This allows you to use server resources as you see fit.
You can manage your website, email addresses, and databases with a custom control panel.
As an admin with full root & shell access (SSH) options, you’ll have complete control over your server.
From managing websites and email addresses you own, to setting up databases and cron jobs, you can manage it all with DreamHost.
- They offer a 100% network uptime guarantee, and I like this because it means that any website you run will always be ready to accept visitors.
- I also like their DDoS protection because it helps to keep websites safe from attacks.
- DreamHost’s Ruby Version Manager (RVM) is also helpful because it allows you to manage different versions of Ruby on your server.
- With uncapped bandwidth, you’ll never have to worry about your website going down due to high traffic.
- The advanced, easy-to-use panel is also helpful because it makes managing your server a breeze.
Seeing all domains under one interface is helpful for system administrators that manage multiple sites.
DreamHost offers these plans:
- Standard: $149 per month
- Enhanced: $279 per month
- Their support team is willing to lend a helping hand even when the problem doesn’t originate from their side.
- Their one-click deployment tool is excellent for those who want to set up their hosting quickly and easily.
- The webmail service is not as user-friendly as one would like it to be from the get-go.
- DNS Control Panel improvements make it easier to manage your DNS.
Get started with DreamHost.
InMotion combines affordable dedicated server prices with high-quality performance.
Offering automatic updates and security patches, your site will use the latest software to protect against online threats.
They also offer 99.99% uptime Tier 1 network, allowing you to rest assured that your site will almost always be up and running.
Their support comes with a 24/7/365-based support team that is always ready to help you with any problems you may have.
You can also combine intuitive automation with InMotion’s managed services to scale your business as needed.
If you’re looking for a predictable, consistent, and reliable hosting solution, InMotion hosting is a great option.
- I appreciate that they have easy one-click installs because this makes life much easier when adding new elements to your site.
- Their backup manager is excellent, and you’ll enjoy the comfort of keeping your data safe and sound.
- I think their multi-layer defense is excellent because it helps to protect your site from online threats.
- The free SSL certificate is also a great feature because it adds to the overall site security.
- With rebootless upgrades, you’ll never have to worry about your site going down due to an upgrade.
The account management panel is user-friendly, no matter your level of tech-savviness.
InMotion offers these plans:
- Essential: $139.99 per month
- Advanced: $189.99 per month
- Elite: $259.99/mo
- The site’s performance is great and ensures optimal speeds.
- One’s instant ability to contact their support and billing teams ensures that any problems will be handled promptly.
- Porting to a different hosting service can be a bit of a hassle.
- Recent upgrades to the Dedicated Hosting Platform significantly increased RAM, improving site performance.
Get started with InMotion.
AccuWeb uses next-gen servers to deliver high-quality performance.
Support for Intel and AMD-based multi-core processors means your site can handle a higher traffic volume.
Through working with the partner-owned data center, they can offer specific configurations that other hosting companies can’t.
If you want to ensure that DDoS attacks are a thing of the past, AccuWeb has you covered with its enterprise-grade security features.
They also offer storage servers with archiving and backups to keep your data safe.
AccuWeb also offers power servers for those that want more, which are used for specific mission-critical applications.
- AccuWeb offers bare metal dedicated servers, a great feature if you’re looking for improved performance.
- The ability to choose between Intel and AMD-based processors is also a great feature, as it gives you more control over your site’s performance.
- Self-managing or fully managing your server is also a great feature, as it allows you to customize your experience.
- The ability to specialize in custom server configurations is one thing to note, as it allows you to tailor your experience to your specific needs.
- The wide range of data center locations is also a great feature, helping users choose the one that best suits their needs.
The home screen provides an overview of current products, support tickets, domains, news, and other action items.
AccuWeb’s pricing ranges from $82.00 per month to $549 per month, depending on the type of server you need.
- Restoring a website is easy to do and accurate once done.
- The ticket system works well, and help is provided quickly.
- Their site static documentation needs to be updated to reflect various changes made since creating such documents.
- 99.99% uptime SLA for all hosting services means that your site will be up and running almost all the time.
Get started with AccuWeb.
Liquid Web Hosting offers real-time monitoring to ensure your site is always up and running.
In addition, they also offer a 100% power & network uptime guarantee.
This is an excellent feature for businesses that know that even a second of downtime can cost them dearly.
With Windows and Linux operating systems, Liquid Web Hosting covers you, no matter your preferences.
Their user experience is also excellent, having an NPS score of 67, which is higher than the industry average.
- I appreciate that they have high availability hosting as it ensures that one’s site is always up and running.
- Their hybrid hosting is great because it allows you to combine the best of various hosting methods.
- Server clusters are also helpful because they will enable you to distribute your site’s load across multiple servers.
- Their disaster preparedness is excellent because it ensures that your site can withstand disasters.
- Moreover, with compliance solutions in place, you can ensure that your site is in line with various regulations.
Liquid Web Hosting offers these dedicated hosting plans:
- Intel Xeon 1230v6: $169/mo
- Intel Xeon Gold 6226R – Single Plan: $224.25/mo
- Intel Xeon Gold 6226R – Dual Plan: $374.25/mo
They also specialize in custom solutions.
Get started with Liquid Web Hosting.
7. A2 Web Hosting.
A2 Web Hosting offers out-of-the-box services that can meet the needs of any business.
Apart from that, they also offer solutions that can be custom-built to meet the specific needs of your business.
From the new business that wants to get off the ground quickly, to the more established one that needs more advanced features, A2 Web Hosting has you covered.
A2 Web Hosting can help your business grow with blazing fast and ultra-reliable servers.
They also offer 24/7/365 customer support, so they can help with any issues you may have.
- Their turbo plans feature is excellent, and users appreciate how it can boost their website speed.
- Choosing your CPU for your hosting plan is helpful because it allows you to tailor your experience to your needs.
- The ultra-fast NVMe storage options are great because they allow you to store your data on a solid-state drive for faster access.
- I like their high-performance servers because they can handle a lot of traffic and ensure one’s site is always up and running.
A2 Web Hosting offers a range of plans, including the following:
- Hyper 1: $105.99 monthly
- Hyper 2 AMD: $135.99 monthly
- Hyper 2 Turbo AMD: $165.99 monthly
Get started with A2 Hosting.
Other dedicated hosting providers include Bluehost and A2 hosting.
Dedicated hosting providers are companies that provide the servers that businesses use to host their websites.
These servers are usually more powerful than shared servers and can offer a higher level of performance and security.
The best dedicated server hosting provider is the one that can provide your business with the power, performance, and features it needs to grow.
In addition, dedicated server hosting providers should offer the right mix of prices and features to meet one’s specific needs.
While the best dedicated hosting services will offer managed and unmanaged hosting options, there are some critical differences between the two and other types of web hosting solutions.
Dedicated hosting packages differ from shared hosting and VPS hosting because they provide your business with its own server.
This server is then used to host your website or application – without having to share any resources with other users.
This means that businesses have complete control over their hosting environment with the dedicated hosting features offered by a reliable web host.
It also means businesses can customize their server to meet specific needs.
This makes them ideal for businesses that require dedicated hosting plans and have high-traffic websites – or even those that need more resources than what is offered by shared or VPS hosting plans.
In terms of skills, when it comes to beginners, a managed dedicated hosting plan is often the best option.
Managed dedicated hosting plans often come with detailed FAQs and support from the hosting provider.
This can be extremely helpful for businesses new to dedicated hosting or unsure how to set up their server.
Unmanaged dedicated hosting services, on the other hand, are best suited for businesses that have experience with setting up and managing web servers.
These unmanaged servers don’t offer the same level of support and guidance their managed counterparts do.
The key features of the top dedicated server hosting providers include the following.
Server hosting providers need fast and reliable servers to meet the needs of businesses.
Reliability is a significant factor in web hosting.
As such, web hosting providers offering dedicated hosting services should have a good reputation and be able to provide support when needed.
With a dedicated hosting service often comes more power and resources than what is offered by shared or VPS hosting plans.
Since more power does bring more potential complications, support is critical.
The chosen dedicated server hosting service should offer 24/7 customer support.
This can be extremely helpful for businesses new to dedicated server hosting or unsure how to run their server in specific situations.
To this extent, doing your research and going through the top hosting review website can help ensure that customer service is up to par.
When it comes to security, businesses need to know that their data is safe.
Firewall protection and data backups are essential for businesses that want protection to keep their data safe from hackers.
Affordable pricing is always a key factor when businesses seek web hosting services.
While shared web hosting services are often the most affordable option for small businesses, dedicated server hosting plans are usually pricier than the former solution.
That said, hosting solutions that offer the best mix of price and products are essential for businesses that want to grow.
Flexible and custom solutions are another critical factor.
As opposed to VPS hosting and shared hosting, dedicated hosting services offer custom-built solutions around one’s needs.
This makes them ideal for businesses that have high-traffic websites or need more resources than smaller-sized businesses often go for.
These servers are used by businesses that need more resources; with such managed yet dedicated servers, business owners that do not want to worry about server management can ensure they get the best performance from their site.
For example, dedicated server plans with a high amount of RAM and storage space are ideal for businesses with large amounts of data.
Then, with the hosting company taking care of any fine-tuning, businesses are able to get optimal results.
These options are ideal for companies that are growing in size.
Again, this can mean various things for different businesses.
For example, powerful servers are ideal for businesses with large amounts of data.
Multiple CPU cores and SSD storage are important for businesses that need more resources as things scale.
In addition, Windows servers offer a good mix of price and features in this situation.
Then, businesses can use dedicated IP addresses to ensure their data is safe as things get bigger.
Free site migration is a great way to move your website to a new host without worrying about the process.
If you’re moving from one hosting company to another, you can transfer your domain and website files without rebuilding your site from scratch.
Most reputable hosting companies will offer free site migration as an add-on to their plans.
Data centers should be located in different parts of the world to ensure that if one goes down, the others can keep your website up and running.
A CDN solution like Cloudflare can also help improve website speed and performance by caching your website’s static content on servers worldwide.
Root access is essential for businesses that want complete control over their website performance.
With full root access, you can control your server, install custom software, or make other changes to optimize any process.
For those that manage multiple websites from one interface, a reseller control panel is a must-have to ensure all the stakeholders have websites that work as they should.
Ecommerce hosting through a dedicated server is a great way to set up and run an online store since fast data transfer and storage are essential for businesses with large amounts of data.
While not something to go for immediately when starting an ecommerce business, those doing big volumes need to choose a hosting provider that can keep up with sales.
Whether you’re unhappy with your site’s load times or the features your dedicated hosting offers, a money-back guarantee gives you peace of mind knowing that you can get your money back if unsatisfied.
Having at least a 30-day money-back guarantee on your plan is essential to have time to try out the service and ensure it’s the right fit for your needs.
Bandwidth is the amount of data that can be transferred to and from your website, and unlimited bandwidth means you can have as much traffic as you want without overage charges.
While unmetered bandwidth is excellent for businesses with high traffic levels, it’s important to note that most hosting providers do have limits in place.
Response time is also crucial for businesses that need their website to be up and running.
Coupled with bandwidth, response time measures how fast your website loads.
A managed dedicated server hosting might also provide a free domain name, which can save you around $15 per year.
While the price of a domain name is relatively low, it’s still a nice perk to have if you’re on a tight budget.
Additionally, many hosting providers offer discounts on your first invoice when you sign up for a longer-term contract.
That said, this dedicated web server feature might not be required for all businesses.
For example, if you already have a domain name or are only interested in hosting one website, you might not need this feature.
Picking the best web hosting that provides a dedicated server is an important decision for businesses that rely on their website to generate leads or sales.
The right provider will ensure your business website is always up and running while providing the necessary resources to grow.
To recap, the best dedicated hosting providers are:
- GoDaddy: Best Overall Dedicated Hosting
- HostGator: Best For Superior Storage
- DreamHost: Best For A Customized Control Panel
Have you ever used a dedicated server hosting provider?
If so, what was your experience like?
Let me know in the comments below.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com: Cloud hosting services provide an optimal way to host your website in the cloud.
When making a website, this type of hosting can be a good option for business websites that have outgrown shared hosting and need more features.
On the other hand, VPS hosting services provide a more robust alternative to shared hosting.
By using a VPS, you can get the performance of a dedicated server without having to pay for the entire server.
Finally, a managed WordPress hosting provider can ensure your WordPress site runs in its optimal condition on this content management system.
Last Updated on October 20, 2022 by Adam Enfroy