7 Best Customer Experience Software of 2022 (Ranked)
The focus on customer experience is ever present in the business world as companies strive to remain competitive.
To create lasting customer relationships, businesses must provide their clients (and even potential ones) with great experiences at every touchpoint.
With customer data platforms now taking data from disparate sources and giving you a complete overview of your customer, you have more opportunities to improve their journey.
That said, with so many sources of information, one can’t fault businesses for not knowing where to look.
After all, being selective with the information you decide to trust is key to moving in the right direction.
In this article, I will rank the best customer experience software platforms right now to help you choose the best solution for your specific business.
Let’s get right into it.
The following are the top platforms to consider when seeking the best customer experience software.
Salesmate helps you both build and grow revenue through your customer relationships.
It’s great for sales and customer success teams who want to increase collaboration and optimize their process.
With simple, personal, and customizable dashboards, it’s easy to get started with Salesmate and see the right results.
The ability to track contacts and deals across channels, automate workflows, and get real-time insights into your business make Salesmate a top choice for those looking to improve their customer experience.
If you want to convert more prospects into customers and keep them happy, Salesmate’s advanced features ensure you provide a great customer experience.
- A visual sales pipeline helps you track and manage your sales process from start to finish.
- Email & calendar sync keeps your sales process organized and streamlined by automatically creating tasks, appointments, and events in Salesmate based on emails and calendar entries.
- Sales activity tracking lets you see which activities are most effective at moving deals through your pipeline and generating revenue.
- Sales sequences help you automate repetitive tasks so you can focus on selling, and lead assignment ensures that every lead is followed up promptly.
With a dashboard that lets you see your pipelines, deals, and contacts in one place, it’s easy to start with Salesmate.
You can also see your sales goals and progress, which is a great way to know how you are progressing in relation to your targets.
Salesmate offers these pricing plans:
- Starter: $12
- Growth: $24
- Boost: $40
- Enterprise: Custom
- The intuitive interface makes the process of starting to use the software easy, even if it’s your first time using a customer experience product.
- This support is very reactive, and you can usually get an answer within a few minutes.
- Scheduling on and off hours when it comes to taking calls can be improved.
- Drag & drop email template builder and editor help users create beautiful, responsive email templates with no HTML required.
- Formula fields in Salesmate now allow for custom calculations and data manipulation, making getting the insights you need from your customer data even more accessible.
Get started with Salesmate.
Freshdesk is an excellent solution for those that want a unified solution when it comes to support, sales, marketing, and IT solutions for their business.
The combination of available products makes it easy to provide an excellent experience for your customers.
Having it all in one place is a huge selling point and makes Freshdesk a top choice for those wanting customer experience software that doesn’t get in the way of running their business.
The ability to engage in more meaningful conversations eases the process of support and helps you close more deals.
The software is also constantly improving with new features and updates that help you become even more productive.
- Monitor customer health to identify issues early and prevent them from becoming more significant.
- Proactively manage ‘At Risk’ customers to ensure they receive the best possible experience.
- Transform the traditional ‘business firefighting’ into an enjoyable process whereby you quickly resolve customer issues.
- Grow the value of each customer value by upselling and cross-selling relevant products and services.
- Help the right people in your organization find actionable customer trends so they can make informed decisions about the direction of the business.
Viewing all the needed contact information in a single location helps you be proactive about customer needs.
You can also see the recent conversations with a specific contact, which helps you stay updated on their particular needs when providing a great experience.
Freshdesk offers these pricing plans:
- Estate: $79 per user per month
- Forest: $129 per user per month
- The ability to connect multiple channels and reach your audience where they are, is an excellent feature of this software.
- You can also create automatic personalized messages that are specific to individual clients.
- It is a bit complicated to use when first starting out, so a learning curve is involved
- Enhancements to report sharing and exporting through Freshdesk Analytics let users share and export reports in just a few clicks.
Get started with Freshdesk.
Hubspot Service Hub is great for those that understand that nowadays, customers want only the best service and want to be wowed by the experience they get.
The issue is that most customer service reps become too focused on the task and lose sight of the customer.
This is where Hubspot Service Hub comes in to help.
It has many features that help keep the customer at the center of your service.
It also offers a great knowledge base to quickly resolve issues without going back and forth with the customer.
The automation features help you free up time to focus on more critical tasks, and the reporting features allow you to track your progress and identify areas for improvement.
You can identify the right opportunities that allow you to provide the best service in an authentic and personal way.
If you want to be able to support your customer base through world-class service, then Hubspot Service Hub is the right choice for you.
- Help desk & ticketing modules help you track and resolve customer issues.
- Service analytics ensures you have the data you need to improve your service.
- Team management helps you manage your team and allocate tasks effectively.
- Fully integrated CRM gives you a complete view of your customer.
- A shared inbox allows your team to collaborate on customer issues.
- Conversation intelligence uses AI to help you understand customer sentiment.
Conversations within a regular inbox make it easy to stay on top of all customer needs and provide the best service possible.
You can also move conversations to your unassigned folder if you need more time to resolve an issue.
Hubspot Service Hub offers these plans:
- Starter: Starts at $45/mo
- Professional: Starts at $800/mo
- Enterprise: Starts at $3,200/mo
- The ability to automate and streamline many software features makes the entire workflow easier
- Various API integrations make the process very flexible when it comes to customization
- Setting up a single sign-on for specific users sometimes proves to be difficult
- You can now create content in any language you do business in by using the provided knowledge bases to expand your reach.
Get started with HubSpot.
LiveAgent helps you answer more tickets in less time with its powerful all-around features.
With as many as 130+ ticketing features, LiveAgent is one of the market’s most feature-rich customer service software.
It also has a wide range of integrations that allow you to connect it to other software you might be using.
Being the world’s best-rated chat widget, LiveAgent is also one of the most popular customer service software on the market today.
If you want to improve customer satisfaction by decreasing hold times (while offering a more personalized service simultaneously), then LiveAgent is a good software choice to consider.
- Custom domains allow you to use your domain name for your customer service software.
- An unlimited number of users are included, so you can add as many users as you need.
- Fully customizable and scalable so that you can tailor the software to your specific needs.
- Unlimited call recordings allow you to keep track of all your customer interactions.
- Attended call transfers help you route calls to the right agent.
- Being suitable for inbound and outbound calling makes the platform right for both types of customer service.
The importance of answering support tickets quickly and effectively can be seen in how the user interface is built.
No tickets are missed, and customers always feel their voices are heard.
You can also assign support tickets to different agents that can handle each one promptly.
These are the pricing plans on offer:
- Free: $0/agent/month
- Ticket+Chat: $29/agent/month
- All-inclusive: $49/agent/month
- Providing a universal inbox is a great way to see all the tickets that need to be answered.
- The ability to arrange your video tutorials in a way that makes sense to your customers as they progress through their customer lifecycle is super convenient.
- The user interface of the Android app leaves much to be desired.
- The search bar has been redesigned to make finding the information you need easier.
- You can now connect with customers directly from the edit screen of the contact card.
Get started with LiveAgent.
Qualtrics is excellent for those businesses that value the individual customer experience.
It offers a wide range of features that allow you to collect feedback, measure customer satisfaction, and identify areas for improvement.
With the ultimate listening engine, Qualtrics gives you the ability to detect even the most minor changes in customer sentiment.
You can also gain a holistic understanding of your customers’ experiences with journey management so you can optimize the customer journey from start to finish.
If you want to deliver an exceptional customer experience by really dialing into what customers are saying about your business, then Qualtrics is an excellent choice.
- Improve customer retention and loyalty every time customers contact you.
- Optimize your customer acquisition process by attracting the right kind of target audience.
- Reduce the cost of providing the right service while ensuring excellent customer support.
Seeing survey results (including your NPS score) as the first item when you enter the dashboard is a great way to continually track your progress.
Various graphs and charts also allow you to see where you need to focus your efforts to improve customer satisfaction.
You’ll have to request a demo to get pricing information.
- Various online documentation is available to help you get started with Qualtrics.
- The platform offers tons of functionality to define, measure, and prioritize your initiatives in relation to providing a great customer experience.
- Customization can be pretty tricky, especially for those relatively new to Qualtrics.
- Help text has been added when bounced emails happen so you can take the right action to fix the issue.
PipeOne.me combines various channels into straightforward customer service software.
This makes it ideal for businesses that need to provide customer support through multiple channels, including phone, email, chat, and social media.
The platform also uses communication platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and even SMS to reach the right customer.
This ensures that you can provide an excellent experience no matter how your customers choose to get in touch with you.
You will also be able to see a unified picture of your customers’ profiles and preferences to offer a more personalized service.
If you want to elevate your customer experience by providing support through multiple channels, then PipeOne.me is a great platform to consider.
- Simultaneous agents and chats help you provide support to multiple customers at the same time.
- A timeline view with all the history per contact allows you to see the entire history of your interactions.
- Organizing your view per conversation status helps track which discussions are active, on hold, or resolved.
- Tickets to keep track of your customers’ needs help you ensure that all of your customers are being served correctly.
- The ability to set different permissions and access rights for your users allows you to control who has access to which features.
The pricing plan is straightforward to understand and benefit from.
With the ability to add unlimited team members, you’ll only pay based on the number of contacts you have.
For example, on the low and high end of the spectrum, you will pay $25 per month for 100 contacts and $134 per month for 15,000 contacts.
You will have to contact their sales team if you have more than 20,000 contacts.
Salesforce Service Cloud is incredible in creating AI-powered workflows and automation.
This automation can help you improve your customer service by reducing the need for manual tasks.
The platform also offers a wide range of features to help you deliver an excellent customer experience.
Connecting Salesforce Service Cloud with Slack allows you to create a seamless workflow between the two platforms to get your work done faster and more efficiently.
You’ll be able to empower your customer service teams to deliver faster resolutions, better customer service, and increased collaboration.
- Get jobs done faster with step-by-step guided flows that integrate with your existing systems.
- Automatically schedule the best person for the job at hand and get real-time job status updates.
- Access data online and offline with the field service app so you can serve customers even when you’re not connected to the internet.
- Put all your digital interactions in one place with a unified view of every customer’s journey.
- Scale support with AI-powered chatbots that can handle simple tasks so your agents can focus on the more complex issues.
Salesforce Service Cloud comes with a 30-day free trial, or you can watch a demo to see if it’s the right fit for you.
Other customer experience software not mentioned in this article include Zendesk, Zoho CRM Plus, Freshdesk, Adobe Experience Cloud, and Medallia.
Customer experience software are a suite of tools that helps companies increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
With customer experience management software (CXM), companies can get a 360-degree view of the customer, their interactions, and their feedback.
As companies want to increase customer satisfaction, they must clearly understand what their customers are saying about the products and services the company provides.
This also means that as more and more customer data is collected, it becomes easier for companies to identify areas where they can make improvements.
Customer experience software can help companies to:
- Get a complete understanding of who their target customer is
- Understand customer sentiment
- Analyze customer feedback
- Improve customer satisfaction
There are many different types of customer experience software, but they all share one common goal: to help companies improve customer satisfaction.
While the features of a great customer experience management platform depend on the actual company and its needs, there are some key features that all great platforms share.
A company that wants to improve customer satisfaction should look for a platform that provides the following features.
With customer expectations constantly evolving, it’s more important than ever for companies to deeply understand their customer base.
With metrics ranging from customer loyalty to customer retention, analytics can help you track various behavior and identify areas where you can improve.
What’s more, customer behavior analytics can provide a snapshot of what the future holds using predictive analytics.
While customer insights are essential, they’re not the only thing companies must focus on.
The right customer experience management solution will also provide a way for companies to manage their digital assets.
This includes images, videos, and other digital content that can be used to improve the customer experience.
Positive customer experiences start with the first interaction a customer has with a company.
Whether it’s a call center that has various channels for customer communication or a customer self-service platform that provides engagement tools, companies need to have a way to communicate with their customers correctly and from the start.
In addition, being an omnichannel company is becoming increasingly important as customers expect a seamless experience across all channels.
The best customer experience platform will provide these tools and make them accessible as needed.
Many customer service solutions provide tools to collect feedback at different customer touchpoints.
From onboarding to post-purchase, getting the right insights is key to improving the customer experience.
When it comes to collecting feedback, popular CSAT (customer satisfaction) surveys include NPS (net promoter score) and CES (customer effort score).
The best customer experience platforms can collect information related to these surveys and give actionable insights based on the findings.
Not only is it essential to collect customer feedback, but it’s also important to have a way to manage it over time.
Whether dealing with new customers that just started using your product or looking at customer churn, CX software with in-build feedback management will ensure that you can take the appropriate actions to improve your all round customer experience.
Closely related to feedback management, sentiment analysis is a way to understand how customers feel about your company, product, or service.
In practical terms, sentiment analysis takes unstructured customer feedback and analyzes it to understand the emotions associated with it.
This can be an essential tool for quickly identifying issues and taking steps to resolve them.
Small businesses rely on software solutions that provide customer segmentation capabilities to improve their marketing and sales efforts.
Customer interaction can also be improved if a company knows which customer segments to focus on.
A custom-centric tool can also take segmentation information and develop marketing campaigns tailored to specific customer segments.
With various management tools allowing for the creation of customer profiles and segmented lists, small businesses can take their customer experience to the next level.
The digital experience that one can provide with the help of customer segmentation tools is unrivaled.
After collecting the correct data, companies can use customer journeys mapping to build the right campaigns as part of their workflow.
Here, a personalized experience can be created and taken to the next level, as businesses will know precisely what each customer wants and needs.
In fact, various Saas software excel when one wants to streamline multiple workflows.
While still focusing on being customer-centric, these platforms allow businesses to automate various tasks and processes.
Whether it’s a contact center that has processes related to text analytics and customer service software, or a small business that wants to use an AI-powered chatbot to help with sales and marketing, workflow management software can help turn repeated processes into productive systems that are a win-win for everyone.
The use cases for API integration are many and varied.
From help desk software solutions that want to maximize their reach by integrating with multiple CRMs, to ecommerce platforms that need to connect with fulfillment centers, API integration is a must-have for any business that wants to provide a superior customer experience.
A mobile app provides a great way to improve the general customer experience.
By allowing customers to interact with your company or product on their mobile devices, you can make it easier for them to do business with you.
Mobile apps can also help you collect customer data, which can be used to improve the experience provided as a whole.
Thinking about the customer experience and finding ways to improve it is essential for any business that wants to succeed.
The right software solutions can improve the customer experience and take your business to the next level.
From customer segmentation tools to mobile apps, many solutions can help you provide a superior experience.
Keeping the above factors in mind is crucial when choosing the right solution for your business with the aim of improving the experience you provide.
Have you used any of the above customer experience software solutions?
Which features did you find the most helpful?
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com: Want to learn how to automate your marketing while ensuring an excellent experience for both leads and customers?
Check out my list of the best marketing automation software available right now.
In addition, using help desk software can be a great way to improve customer interactions with your team, while allowing your employees to work more efficiently.