7 Best Incident Management Software of 2022 (Ranked)
While embracing change and using the right change management tools is a must in business, the last thing anyone wants is any type of incident that disrupts the whole operation and causes irreversible damage to the company’s reputation.
This can have repercussions that go far beyond physical and monetary damage.
Risk management tools attempt to avoid, or at least mitigate, the impact of incidents through identification, analysis, and prioritization of risks.
But when accidents happen, it’s crucial to have a plan (along with the right tools) to manage them quickly, efficiently, and without further damage.
ITSM tools (IT service management tools) exist to help businesses do just that.
These tools help you plan for disruptions, track and manage incidents as they happen, and quickly restore normal service operation in the business.
Incident management software is a type of ITSM tool.
This type of software helps businesses manage, track, and report on incidents so that they can be dealt with quickly and lessons learned can be used to avoid future issues.
Whether a minor issue or a full-blown crisis, the right software will help you quickly resolve incidents and get your business back on track.
In this post, I will go over the best incident management software right now, helping you decide which tool is the best for your business – both before (in terms of prevention) and when it comes time to face an issue.
Let’s get right into it.
The following are the best Incident Management Software to review when researching solutions for your business.
HaloITSM is the best overall incident management software because it’s easy to use and has a wide range of features.
Going back to normality after an incident is crucial, and HaloITSM ensures that you’ll be able to do just that.
The software is flexible and easily adapts to your company’s needs.
You can use it for any business, from small businesses to large enterprises.
With the ability to handle simple requests and more complex incidents, HaloITSM is the perfect tool for businesses of all sizes.
- Specify default values, i.e., categories, priorities, SLAs, and mailboxes, to ensure that each new request is processed quickly and efficiently
- Escalate incident request types with ease and to the right business professional.
- Track all activity on the incident request, from start to finish
- Attach multiple incidents to a single ticket to keep track of related issues
- Manually create incidents and tickets for maximum flexibility.
A visual interface lets you see exactly what is happening with every request you create.
You can also use the left-hand side menu to access all the features and options of the software.
- ITSM System: $69 per agent, per month. This is billed annually.
- Enterprise: Contact them for a quote.
- Simple to use, highly customizable, and adaptable to your company’s needs
- The support team is quick, responsive, and accommodating
- Sometimes, it can be hard to work out where one can find a specific feature and how to use it.
Businesses can generate maintenance requests, which are processed and managed by the HaloITSM software.
NinjaRMM provides complete visibility and control over all of your devices from a single interface.
If you want your entire IT infrastructure to be centrally managed and monitored, then NinjaRMM is the right tool for you.
With up-to-the-minute endpoint monitoring, you’ll never have to worry about an incident going unnoticed.
You can keep critical infrastructure running continuously with NinjaRMM’s advanced features.
This is great for those with SLAs who need to adhere to them.
Meeting server uptime goals is crucial for any business, and by remotely monitoring all of your devices, you can ensure that they’re always up and running.
With a suite of built-in tools that can automate many IT tasks, NinjaRMM can help you save time and money.
Finally, with standard maintenance tasks like patching and software updates, you can keep your devices up-to-date – without lifting a finger.
- Multi-platform endpoint management ensures you successfully manage all your devices from a single platform.
- Powerful patch management allows you to keep your devices up-to-date with the latest security patches.
- Easy IT automation saves you time by automating the required tasks.
- Robust monitoring & alerting ensures that you’re always aware of what’s happening on your network.
- Fast, secure remote access allows you to connect to any device on your network from anywhere in the world.
- Robust endpoint protection keeps your devices safe from threats.
The ability to run various tasks remotely (including scripts, reports, and queries) from the web interface is a great time saver and a very needed feature for any enterprise.
Get a custom quote to learn more about what NinjaRMM can offer your organization.
- Bundled in Teamviewer licensing saves money that one would otherwise need to spend for a separate solution.
- Integrated antivirus and remote automated patching save a lot of time.
- A few user interface aspects can be made to be more user-friendly.
- Additional patching data will allow you to see which devices have been patched and which still require maintenance.
- Offline script scheduling will enable you to run custom scripts on devices that are not online.
Freshservice provides all the tools to manage incidents effectively, track SLAs, and automate many IT tasks.
The software is customizable to fit the specific needs of your organization.
Prioritize all of your requests and ensure that they’re dealt with promptly.
With a wide range of integrations, Freshservice can be used with other tools to create a seamless experience.
With multi-channel support from a single platform, you can provide outstanding customer service while keeping track of all your requests.
The platform also offers a self-service portal that your employees can use to submit and track their requests.
At the same time, you can auto-assign tickets to a specific team or individual, ensuring that the right person deals with each request.
- SLA management with Freshservice ensures that your organization’s goals are met every time.
- Satisfaction surveys give you the ability to track customer satisfaction levels.
- Task management allows you to keep track of all the tasks assigned to each team member.
- The knowledge base is a great way to store your organization’s knowledge in one place.
- The priority matrix helps you prioritize all of your requests.
Creating various incident-related tickets can be quickly done through the software.
You can also use various views to determine which team is working on what and the progress of each ticket.
- Starter: $19 per agent per month
- Growth: $49 per agent per month
- Pro: $89 per agent per month
- Enterprise: $109 per agent per month
- The platform has a ton of use cases that it covers out of the box.
- The software works fast and is very responsive.
- The mobile app is tough to use when compared to the web application.
- Knowledge Base 2.0 now allows you to use the brand new editor to have more control over the look and feel of your articles.
- Alert management will help you stay on top of all the alerts in your environment.
Atera is an incident management software made for organizations that need a complete picture of all their IT assets in one place.
This includes monitoring all of your devices, patch management, ticketing, and billing.
Providing a beautifully simple interface, Atera’s platform is easy to use and provides all the needed features when it comes to asset management software.
When it comes to remote monitoring & management software, Atera is one of the best in the business.
The software gives you complete visibility into all your devices, allowing you to identify and resolve any issues that may arise quickly.
A combination of billing and incident reporting also means that you can keep track of your costs and see where you can save money.
With less hassle and more control over your IT strategy, Atera is an excellent platform for any organization looking to streamline its IT operations.
Stay connected and in control with Atera, and ensure your business runs smoothly.
- Real-time alerts notify you as soon as an issue is detected on any of your devices.
- Network discovery automatically detects all devices on your network and provides complete visibility into your IT infrastructure.
- Contracts & SLA management ensure that you always meet your client’s obligations.
- Billing and invoicing allow you to keep track of your costs and see where you can save money.
- Remote access features help you connect to any of your devices from anywhere in the world.
- IT automation allows you to automate many repetitive tasks, saving you time and money.
- Patch management ensures that your devices are up-to-date with the latest security patches.
Being able to see various alerts per customer, as well as a map of all connected devices, is helpful.
You can also see how many tickets are due on a specific day, which is also helpful in knowing how much work still needs to be done.
These are the pricing plans on offer by Atera:
- Pro: $99 / month / technician.
- Growth: $129 / month / technician.
- Power: $169 / month / technician.
- You can push Windows updates with a few clicks, so you don’t have to log in to each station to do it manually.
- The status of every device can be seen at a glance.
- The application scripts can be expanded to make troubleshooting more accessible and easy to implement.
- Emsisoft integration means you can now use this powerful antivirus and malware solution to protect your devices.
- You can manually override automatic updates to a ticket’s activity status, due date, and priority.
ServiceDesk Plus is an excellent IT Incident Management Software for organizations that need to fix support tickets fast.
With its clean and straightforward interface, ServiceDesk Plus is easy to use and provides all the features you need to manage your IT assets effectively.
Using intelligent automation, ServiceDesk Plus can help speed up ticket resolution times and improve first-time fix rates.
Plus, with out-of-the-box integrations, you can be sure ServiceDesk Plus will fit right into your current IT setup.
With the ability to assign the proper technical assistance whenever an issue happens, ServiceDesk Plus ensures that your tickets are always dealt with promptly and efficiently.
This means you can guarantee end-user satisfaction while meeting SLAs with ServiceDesk Plus.
- Asset management allows you to keep track of all your IT assets in one place.
- Project management ensures that all your projects are on track and running smoothly.
- The service catalog provides a complete list of all the services that your organization offers.
- Enterprise service management streamlines all of your organization’s services.
- IT release management ensures that all changes to your IT infrastructure are adequately tested and approved before being implemented.
- Change management is used to monitor all the relevant IT infrastructures.
The ability to filter through various requests and see which ones have specific statuses is beneficial for staying on top of requests.
You can also group various tickets by specific features that they may have.
ServiceDesk Plus pricing is as follows:
- Standard: $10 per month
- Professional: $21 per month
- Enterprise: $50 per month
There is a free trial available for download.
- The highly intuitive interface means you can be up and running in no time.
- The platform provides quick incident management solutions to common problems that can help speed up incident resolution times.
- Having more templates for different types of requests would be helpful.
- Space management features now available in ServiceDesk Plus help you keep track of your storage space usage and plan for future needs.
- IT release management ensures that all changes to your IT infrastructure are appropriately tested and approved before being pushed live and implemented.
- Enterprise service management allows you to streamline all of your organization’s services.
SolarWinds Service Desk allows you to take a proactive approach to IT incident management by automating many associated tasks.
In addition, by simplifying the way you view and manage your tickets, SolarWinds Service Desk can help you speed up ticket resolution times.
Whether dealing with on-the-go employees that need access to their tickets from their mobile devices or serving as incident tracking software to check on the progress of a ticket through its lifecycle, SolarWinds Service Desk has the features you need to manage your IT incidents effectively.
Moreover, all the relevant departments can use the same ticketing system to collaborate on resolving various issues, further speeding up the incident management process.
Providing a unified way to view and manage all your tickets can help you resolve them faster, and with SolarWinds Service Desk, you can do just that.
By adopting the ITIL incident management framework and best practices, SolarWinds Service Desk can help you improve your IT incident management processes.
- Improve IT incident management to reduce the number of tickets and the time it takes to resolve them.
- Reduce resolution times with artificial intelligence that helps you prioritize and route tickets.
- Follow best practices of the ITIL framework through SolarWinds Service Desk’s built-in templates and workflows.
- Automate IT incident management across departments with SolarWinds Service Desk’s out-of-the-box integrations.
You can start a fully functional trial for 30 days to experience all of Service Desk’s features.
This will also give you the pricing information you need to make an informed decision.
Zendesk Suite allows you to create various types of tickets: questions, problems, incidents, and tasks.
With these tickets, you can track the progress and history of each issue to ensure it is being resolved promptly.
You can also set up triggers and automation to help you manage your tickets more efficiently.
Linking various tickets together is also easy, so getting an answer to a question is much simpler.
This system also makes it straightforward to add new members to the team and keep track of their roles and permissions.
Employees also receive notifications faster when there is an update to a ticket, which helps keep everyone on the same page.
- Identify a service interruption or problem that’s causing multiple tickets to be created.
- Change other tickets to be dependent on the (main) problem ticket
- Solve the problem ticket, which will automatically update all of the other linked tickets.
Start your free Zendesk trial to explore all of the features that Zendesk Suite offers.
Other incident management software not mentioned in this article include Jira, Opsgenie, and Microsoft Service Assurance.
The incident management process is critical to any organization’s IT operations.
Incident management software is a tool that can help streamline this process by automating many of the tasks associated with this process.
With various incident management tools that can be customized to fit the needs of any organization, it is essential to choose the right one for your business.
Incident management systems have various features that can help streamline the incident management process.
Some of the essential features of an incident management tool include the following.
Incident management solution tools that include machine learning as part of the solution can help prioritize and route tickets more efficiently.
This can help reduce the time it takes to resolve an incident.
The top incident management software tools will also integrate with project management tools and software.
This can help ensure that incidents are addressed promptly and do not fall through the cracks.
API integration to various on-premises or remote systems is also essential.
This will help to automate the incident management process across departments.
For those that want to optimize their integrations and ensure that all stakeholders and team members are on the same page, integration with a chat tool that’s used on an organization-wide basis can also be beneficial.
This will let everyone know when there is an issue and its status.
Having on-call customer support can be essential for those that are not as familiar with the incident management process.
With incident response being an area where even minor outages can cause significant disruptions, it is essential to have a support team to help users resolve any issues that may arise.
In addition, having a web help desk is critical.
The functionality of a web help desk can be highly beneficial for those that need to access the incident management system from multiple locations.
With a web-based interface, all team members can access the same information, regardless of location.
Ensuring customer satisfaction through such an interface can also be necessary, as it can help reduce the number of support phone calls received.
With service management needs helping to track incidents and ensure the proper risk management occurs in the event of an incident, the web help desk can be an essential part of any organization’s infrastructure.
Whether using iOS or Android, accessing your incident management software from a mobile device can be highly beneficial.
The right software solution can ensure that templates are available on mobile devices so that you can create and update tickets even when you’re away from your desk.
With many SaaS offerings now available, including self-service portals and dashboards, it is essential to have a configuration management system in place.
Personnel such as DevOps, IT teams, and even security professionals need to be able to access and update configurations as required.
The ability to roll back changes that have been made is also essential, as it can help to prevent outages.
Identifying the root cause of an issue is essential to preventing future ones.
A problem management system can help identify these issues and ensure they are being addressed.
The right incident management team can use a combination of problem management and project management to configure the proper action steps.
Whether through webinars, training materials, or even on-site training, it is essential to have a plan for incident management training.
As the incident management process can be complex, it is essential to ensure that all team members are adequately trained on using the tool.
This will help to ensure that incidents are being addressed as needed.
Incident management software is critical for any business.
The right software solution will help ensure that incidents are being addressed promptly and that nothing falls through the cracks.
Knowing which features to look for can help you choose the right solution for your organization – by looking at the above list and understanding your organization’s needs, you can be sure to find the right fit.
Have you used incident management software in your business?
What features did you find to be the most beneficial?
Let me know in the comments below.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com:
RMM software helps businesses to remotely monitor and manage their networks.
Knowing how remote network management software works can help you determine if it’s the right fit for your business.
Compliance is another aspect to consider in your business.
The right compliance software ensures that you meet all the regulations for your industry.
Moreover, having extended detection and response platforms that look for malicious or unauthorized activity can help to ensure that you are prepared in the event of an incident.
Finally, check out this post on the best asset management software that can help you keep track of your organization’s assets to ensure they are accounted for correctly.