7 Best Marketing Project Management Software of 2022 (Ranked)
In this day and age, companies are spoiled for choice with various project management software that cater to all aspects of the business.
However, when it comes to specific areas, it’s good to know that the software you choose has its areas of focus.
Marketing management is one of these areas.
Knowing how to choose the right project management software that’s made specifically for marketing can lead to a more fruitful business.
While a marketing strategy is essential to maintaining a successful campaign and propelling the company’s growth, the right software can ensure that this strategy is executed correctly.
With specific features that streamline marketing initiatives, this software saves time, slashes costs, and increases productivity.
In this article, I’ll rank and review the best marketing project management software so you can make an informed decision for your business.
Let’s dive deep into this topic.
The following are the best marketing project management software to consider.
1. Zoho Projects.
Zoho Projects allows you to go to market faster with its wide range of features designed to help you plan, track, and execute your marketing strategy.
With many projects not launching due to the timeline or budget constraints, this software has features that help you avoid these common pitfalls.
By tracking progress and ensuring tasks are completed on time, Zoho Projects can help increase your chances of success, allowing the marketers within your team to focus on what they do best – brainstorm, plan, and execute their strategy.
Managing deadlines and tasks also becomes a breeze with a calendar that works for your team.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one marketing project management software, Zoho Projects is another excellent tool to consider.
- Task automation features help you automate your marketing processes
- Blueprints give you a head start on your marketing projects
- Time tracking ensures tasks are completed on time
- Charts & reporting help you track progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Issue tracking enables you to avoid common pitfalls that can lead to project failure.
- Team collaboration makes it easy for team members to communicate.
Get all the information you need about budgets, tasks, bugs, and more to make better decisions and avoid costly mistakes.
With a focus on visualization, you can easily track progress and identify areas that need improvement.
There are three pricing plans available:
- Free: $0
- Premium: $5
- Enterprise: $10
These are paid on a per user per month basis.
- Keeping track of all the issues is easy to do through a helpful interface
- One single ecosystem means that users only have to learn one system to get going
- There is a learning curve involved with some of the more advanced features
- Create web tabs inside the product, and use URLs from third-party applications to link them together.
- Dependency information can now be accessed from classic and plain task views.
Get started with Zoho Projects.
Monday.com is a software that requires no introduction to the project management industry.
It is a project management software that helps you plan, track, and execute your marketing projects with ease.
When it comes to marketing, you can manage all your campaigns and assets from a centralized system, making it easy for your team to coordinate and collaborate.
With its visual interface, you can quickly see how your projects progress and identify areas that need improvement.
Ensure you stay on top of your deadlines with real-time updates and notifications.
If you’re looking to use a platform that fits within your workflows, then you’ll be pleased to know that Monday integrates with hundreds of apps.
- See where things stand at a glance by viewing your project’s progress
- Customized to fit your workflows best by integrating with hundreds of apps
- Plan your marketing campaigns with ease by using its visual interface
- Stay on top of everything with real-time updates and notifications
- Upload & organize your files in one place
- Track time spent on each task to ensure deadlines are met
- A variety of templates to choose from ensures you find what you need to get going
From the main task board, you can see the tasks that need to get done daily, along with their owner, status, type, and more.
This makes it easy to track what needs to be done and by whom.
With a free plan that allows you to test out the system, here are Monday.com’s paid pricing plans:
- Basic: $8 / seat / month
- Standard: $10 / seat / month
- Pro: $16 / seat / month
- Enterprise: Contact them for a specific quote
- Workload features ensure that team members are not overwhelmed with tasks
- A good visual interface that is easy to use makes it straightforward to get started
- The mobile version sometimes needs a few more taps to get to the information you need than it should
- Autofill form suggestions provide you with recommended values while filling out a form, saving you time and effort.
- Kanban enhancements make it easier for you to see which tasks are being worked on and by whom
Get started with Monday.com.
Asana makes the task of marketing project management simple by consolidating all of your functions into one interface.
This makes it easy for you to see what needs to be done and when it needs to be completed.
Asana also allows you to create custom workflows that fit the unique needs of your marketing team.
Asana was built with team collaboration in mind by allowing your team to focus on the tasks that matter most.
You can break down complex projects into manageable pieces with features like task dependencies and subtasks.
This ensures that nothing falls through the cracks and that your projects are completed on time.
Advanced features such as routing requests and tracking time can also be accessed within the software.
- Milestones ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Task assignees allow you to assign tasks to specific team members and set deadlines.
- Custom fields let you track the unique data important to your marketing projects.
- Approvals allow you to sign off on tasks before they are completed.
- Rules help you automate repetitive processes so you can focus on other tasks.
- A project overview provides a high-level view of your project data to see how your projects are progressing.
- Dependencies help you break down complex projects into manageable pieces.
- Views and reporting allow you to see your project data from different angles.
You can create lists that live inside of projects to help break down your work and assign it to specific team members.
Asana makes it easy to see who is responsible for what, when things are due, and how tasks relate to one another.
A free version allows you to take the platform for a test drive.
Asana’s paid pricing plans are then as follows:
- Basic: $0
- Premium: $10.99
- Business: $24.99
- Provides the right structure for managing projects and getting work done with a team
- Used in combination with automation software can be very helpful
- With so many features, Asana can be overwhelming to learn and use
- Asana for Google Chat and Spaces means you can get notified about changes to your project in real-time, right where you’re already working.
Get started with Asana.
ClickUp is another excellent tool that ensures your marketing goals are met on time and within budget.
With its user-friendly interface, ClickUp is an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes.
You can manage multiple marketing workspaces, so all your projects, milestones, and tasks are in one place.
With a single interface to do everything you need, ClickUp consolidates your projects and tasks.
This makes it easy for you to see what needs to be done and when it needs to be completed.
You can also map out your marketing timelines to ensure that your projects are completed on time.
If you’re looking to get feedback quickly so you can make decisions rapidly, ClickUp is an excellent choice, as it allows you to post comments on tasks and get notifications when people reply.
- Nested subtasks & checklists ensure that all tasks are completed and that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Tackle work from any angle with 15+ powerful views so you can see your project data from different angles.
- Customize ClickUp for any need – no coding required, so you can tailor the software to fit the unique needs of your business.
- Automations help you set and forget repetitive processes to focus on other tasks.
- Relationships give you the ability to see how your projects are interconnected.
- Integrations allow you to connect ClickUp with the other software you use, so all your data is in one place.
The calendar view really allows you to see what’s coming up and plan your week accordingly.
You can also see who’s assigned to what and when things are due.
A free version ensures you can take the platform for a test drive and see if it’s the right fit.
ClickUp’s paid pricing plans are as follows:
- Unlimited: $5
- Business: $12
- Business Plus: $19
- Enterprise: Contact sales for a quote.
- The ability to switch up views quickly is really helpful
- Frequently added features mean that the tool is always improving
- There is a learning curve to using ClickUp and its many features
- ClickUp Whiteboards now allows you to use virtual whiteboards to go from idea to execution quickly.
Get started with ClickUp.
Celoxis combines agile project management with powerful automation and real-time collaboration to help you complete your marketing projects on time and within budget.
Providing a complete project management solution for marketing teams that helps you plan, track, and report on your projects, Celoxis is a great software to consider.
This all-in-one software platform helps you avoid common pitfalls that can lead to project failure and ensures tasks are completed on time.
With its customizable reports and dashboards, you can also visualize data just the way you want.
Having been reviewed as one of the top marketing project management software, Celoxis is an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes.
- Advanced scheduling features ensure tasks are completed on time
- Gantt charts help you visualize your project data
- Risk management enables you to avoid common pitfalls that can lead to project failure.
- Time tracking ensures tasks are completed on time.
- Customizations give you the ability to tailor the software to your specific needs.
- The client portal allows you to share project data with clients in a secure environment.
- Issue tracking ensures tasks are completed on time
- The Kanban-style interface helps you visualize your project data correctly
The manager dashboard makes it easy to see the projects that are going on, along with displaying information about the revenue and cost of each project.
You can also navigate to various reports with just a few clicks.
There are a couple of pricing plans on offer with Celoxis, based on the available infrastructure within a company:
- Cloud: $22.50 per user per month
- On-Premise: $450 Billed Once
- A complete set of features means that users don’t need to piece together different software programs
- With a minimalistic design, you won’t be bogged down with unnecessary features
- Some of the features are a bit slow to run when dealing with large projects
- You can now visualize data the way you want with robust reports that support total customization regarding charts, tables, and pivot tables.
Kissflow Project is one of the best marketing project management tools as it helps businesses automate their processes and workflows.
With this software, businesses can create custom workflows, track progress, and get real-time insights into every project.
Team collaboration is no longer a problem with this software as it offers a variety of features that make communication and coordination between team members easier.
Designed to improve marketing team collaboration, this software is perfect for businesses of all sizes.
If you want to experience marketing project management software that’s both user-friendly and versatile, then Kissflow Project is a great software to consider.
- Multiple views help you find the best way to view your project.
- Task management so you can easily track and manage tasks.
- Contextual collaboration offers a variety of features that make communication and coordination between team members easier.
- Insightful reports give you real-time insights into every project.
- Data security ensures that your data is safe and secure.
You can choose from these Kissflow plans:
- Small Business: $9.90 / user / month
- Corporate $20 / user / month
- Enterprise: Get a custom quote
With more than 150,000 Companies that use nTask to manage their marketing projects, it’s easy to see why this software is so popular.
Designed with marketing teams in mind, nTask helps you plan, track, and collaborate on your projects from start to finish.
The ability to systematically manage your tasks and resources ensures that your projects are completed on time and within budget.
The software also offers a range of features that help you avoid common pitfalls that can lead to project failure.
With its user-friendly interface, nTask is an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes.
You can manage multiple marketing workspaces, so all your projects, milestones, and tasks are in one place.
If you need to track time spent on each task, nTask can help you do that too.
With team collaboration a focus of this software, you can assign tasks to specific team members and set deadlines.
- Project management tools help you easily plan, track, and execute your marketing projects.
- Gantt charts give you a visual representation of your project data to see how your projects are progressing.
- Meeting management ensures tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Task management allows you to assign tasks to specific team members and set deadlines.
With a 14-day trial that allows you to test out the system, here are nTask’s paid pricing plans:
- Premium: $ 3 / month
- Business: $ 8 / month
- Enterprise: Contact them for a custom quote.
Other marketing project management software not mentioned in this article include Trello, Basecamp, Workamajig, Functionfox, Jira, Slack, and Wrike.
Project planning software helps managers plan, track, and manage marketing projects.
On top of that, a marketing project management tool gives managers specific features that help them coordinate and execute marketing campaigns.
It also enables managers to share projects with team members and clients so everyone is on the same page.
With digital marketing functionality at the heart of such tools, a marketing project management software comes with various features to help its users.
Here are some critical features to consider before making a final purchase decision.
Stakeholders use marketing project management software to automate tasks, share files, and indicate project progress.
The features of the software help managers stay on track and avoid missing deadlines.
Marketing project management automation is crucial because it allows managers to focus on other tasks while knowing that specific tasks will be executed at the right moment.
Teamwork can be enhanced by using the right document management systems that allow people with the right access to share files.
Depending on the methodology, managers can also use file sharing to create workflows.
File-sharing can also be extended by having message boards where team members can post comments and get notifications when people reply.
Work management is a crucial feature of marketing project management software – proofing that work is being completed on time is essential to avoid missing deadlines.
As such, project progress indication is a crucial feature for marketing project management software.
Resource management is a crucial feature of marketing project management software, as ensuring team needs are met is essential to keeping projects on track.
Resource management helps managers know what resources are needed and when they are required so they can be allocated accordingly.
Ensuring profitability is a crucial goal of any business.
As such, workload management is a crucial feature of marketing project management software.
This feature helps managers to balance the workload so that no one is overworked and everyone has the opportunity to contribute to the project.
Time tracking software as part of marketing project management software can help managers see how team members spend their time.
This feature is essential because it helps managers optimize the workflow and ensure everyone is working efficiently.
Timesheets also help track billable hours so businesses can recover the project’s costs.
This ultimately ensures that a team can optimize due dates and realistic project timelines.
This is crucial because it helps managers identify potential problems and adjust the project plan accordingly.
One of the critical project management features is the ability to set up recurring tasks.
This ability helps managers ensure that tasks are completed on time and that team members are reminded of their responsibilities.
Invoicing software within marketing project management platforms allows businesses to track what they’ve spent on a project.
The ability to send invoices to clients also allows businesses to get paid on time.
Whether a team currently uses social media management tools to manage their projects or uses an in-house CRM system, marketing project management software should be able to integrate with these systems.
Collaboration tools even help those using basic spreadsheets to manage their projects, allowing managers to assign tasks and track progress without having to leave their project management software.
An interactive onboarding software process is a crucial feature of marketing project management software.
Having task lists that new employees can be assigned helps managers ensure everyone understands their role in the project.
One can also set various permissions, so team members can only access the necessary information.
The right project management platform allows anyone that’s managing marketing projects needs to complete their work.
This includes the following stakeholders.
In-House Creative Teams
If you have a team of in-house creatives, you need project management software to help you manage their work.
The right software will allow you to assign tasks, set due dates, and track progress.
It will also allow you to create a central repository for all of your team’s creative assets.
If you’re running a marketing agency, you need project management software to help manage your clients’ projects.
The right software will allow you to keep track of deadlines, budget, and scope.
It will also allow you to collaborate with your team and clients so that everyone is on the same page.
In-House Marketing Departments
Managing a marketing department requires project management software to help you keep track of your team’s work.
The right software will help you manage projects and deadlines and track your team’s progress and performance.
With marketing departments, there are a lot of different moving parts and people working on various tasks simultaneously.
If you’re working with freelancers, you need project management software to help you manage their work.
The right software can help you keep track of deadlines, assigned tasks, invoices, and more.
Also, with freelancers, you often need to give them access to your client’s project management software so they can collaborate with the team.
The right tool ensures that this type of access is secure and that freelancers only have access to what they need.
A marketing PM software helps manage multiple marketing projects from start to finish.
Marketing tools aid with the ability to manage projects in one place, helping keep everyone on the same page.
Ultimately, the best project management tool can help a marketing department optimize its workflow and get its work done efficiently.
To sum up, the best marketing project management software are:
- Zoho Projects: Best For Overall Project Management.
- Monday.com: Best For Marketing Integrations.
- Asana: Best For Custom Workflows.
Do you use project management software?
If so, which one and why do you like it?
Let me know in the comments below.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com: Interested in starting a career in marketing?
Here are various ways to get entry-level digital marketing jobs without any experience.
In addition, here are the best content marketing strategies that can take your business to the next level.