7 Best RMM Software of 2022 (Remote Monitoring Tools Ranked)
RMM software (a.k.a remote monitoring and management software) provides remote control to users over a network.
Data migration software will help you move data from one storage device to another.
However, it’s not all-purpose and doesn’t apply to all situations one might find themselves in.
With RMM software, you’ll be able to remotely monitor a network of devices connected to your business and obtain any needed information.
In addition, you’ll be able to do any repairs as needed if they break down or suffer malware attacks, and maintain their general security.
In this post, I will provide you with an overview of the best RMM software available in the market for networking professionals.
These are based on features such as:
- Popularity and user base.
- Compatibility with significant network devices.
- Features offered.
- And more.
Let’s jump right into this topic.
The following are the best RMM software on the market right now.
RMM Central allows you to discover all network devices connected to a single server in your network and manage them remotely.
This is a cloud-based platform that one can set up with no hardware or software installation required on the client end.
Another unique feature of RMM Central is that it’s flexible enough to fit into any IT environment, whether it’s a small business or an enterprise.
Plus, you’re not limited to a particular network device either.
You can track everything from firewalls and servers to wireless access points using RMM Central.
This allows you to reduce application management complexity, troubleshoot complex problems, and accelerate day-to-day operations.
If you also want to monitor all the right metrics from your network devices, RMM Central comes highly recommended.
- Remotely monitor the health of all wired and wireless devices on a single dashboard, without hardware or software installation.
- Observe critical metrics of all network devices to prevent potential issues before they occur.
- Ensure the security of your business against threats by creating custom reports for each customer, along with preventive measures.
- Get real-time alerts and notifications to take immediate action on all security concerns before escalating.
- Troubleshoot issues related to applications, network traffic, bandwidth usage, and other complex problems.
- Patch management services allow you to deploy patches and updates across all devices rapidly.
You can download RMM Central for free and explore its features during a 30-day free trial.
Kaseya VSA boasts over 100,000 users that use it as a solution for their business requirements.
With Kaseya VSA, eliminating inefficiency in IT systems management becomes a reality.
You can also optimize the right tools across your entire organization.
The software provides a single, centralized view for all connected devices – even those scattered around the globe.
When it comes to tool fragmentation, Kaseya VSA eliminates traditional problems by giving you the ability to monitor, update, troubleshoot, and fix network-wide issues quickly.
If you’re looking for a tool that IT supports in all environments – whether it’s cloud, on-premise, or hybrid – and offers support for all types of devices, Kaseya VSA is one of the best tools on the market right now.
- In a single, simple interface, execute the required operations on all endpoints across your entire network – whether they are physical or virtual.
- Remotely manage all devices using a single-pane-of-glass console to streamline operations.
- Close tickets faster with the ability to prioritize alerts by severity.
- Quickly deploy patches across all devices in their network via a single console.
- Use their security shield to detect and block cyber threats, removing any security concerns before escalating.
While no pricing is mentioned on their website, they offer a free 14-day trial to try out this software and its features.
Itarian is a scalable RMM software that promises a comprehensive set of features for small businesses.
If you’re looking to manage your business remotely, Itarian enables you to do so securely and safely.
The software offers a monitoring tool that supports all network devices, whether they run on Windows or Mac machines.
With a service desk that makes managing tickets more accessible and faster, Itarian gives you the ability to resolve issues remotely.
In addition, through its patch management module, you can quickly deploy patches and updates to all devices in your network.
Tight security protocols ensure that you can manage a seamless IT environment without compromising on the security of your business.
- Be able to control your enrolled devices using a single console instantly.
- Monitor, update, and maintain all devices remotely without any effort.
- Enjoy copy and paste functions for remotely executing actions on multiple devices.
- Get access to comprehensive logs of all your business activities.
- Control up to 50 devices without having to pay a single cent.
- Run scans every so often to detect security risks before they escalate.
You won’t need to pay anything until your business has more than 50 endpoints in place.
Then, you only pay $1.25 per endpoint after you grow beyond this number.
NinjaOne (formerly NinjaRMM) has been rated as the 1 in the RMM software category for many years in a row.
If you want to make your team more efficient and improve the security of your business, NinjaOne promises to do so.
With a quick implementation period, you can begin to enjoy NinjaOne within minutes.
The software comes with out-of-the-box integrations, so it truly simplifies your IT management process.
The software’s broad coverage of management platforms and devices gives you access to manage every aspect of your business remotely.
If you want to quickly solve the most common issues and automate your entire IT process, NinjaOne is a good choice.
With support and training offered as needed, the software promises to give you all the guidance you need to get started.
- Endpoint management across multiple platforms means that you’re able to control all endpoints remotely.
- Centralized access ensures that you can monitor and maintain your entire network from a single console.
- Easy IT automation through a custom scripting feature lets you automate everyday tasks and actions.
- Patch management ensures that you can deploy patches and updates to all of your endpoints effortlessly.
- Integrated cloud backup to secure your network’s data.
With this software solution, you only pay per device that you manage.
In addition, there are only monthly payment plans, which means that you won’t pay extra for any add-ons that you don’t need.
Auvik is an RMM management system that is based in the cloud.
With an easy-to-use interface, Auvik offers complete visibility into your business’ IT infrastructure.
If you want to detect and resolve issues before they escalate, Auvik promises to do just that.
It utilizes artificial intelligence to make sure that your entire IT environment is up and running at all times.
With secure network management, you can control and monitor everything, whether it’s on-premise or in the cloud.
- Set up automated network monitoring and IT management
- Reduce complicated network performance monitoring issues
- Automate the management of your business’ IT
- View and take action on complete network health
- Track all activity across the network to simplify troubleshooting and IT assets
Auvik allows you to get started for free and then pick a payment plan as needed.
With Auvik, you also get:
- Unlimited end-users.
- Unlimited network sites.
- Unlimited devices and endpoints.
- Unlimited support.
- No maintenance fees to pay.
Atera allows you to be proactive in system and network monitoring.
If you want to detect issues before they escalate, this RMM solution promises to do just that.
Staying connected and being aware of your business’ IT changes can help you maintain a secure environment, which Atera can help you with.
In addition, Atera promises to provide the support you need whenever required.
With the ability to use a PSA and RMM platform, you can manage all of your clients from a single dashboard.
- Get real-time alerts when issues occur on your business’ networks.
- Monitor hard drive and RAM usage and CPU usage to ensure you have complete visibility of your business’ systems.
- Centralized management provides the ability to detect viruses, malware, and ransomware before it reaches your network.
- Perform network scans that can find issues before they escalate to critical levels.
- You can set up the right actions that trigger the needed actions with custom scripting capabilities.
There are three pricing plans with Atera:
- Pro: $79 per month per technician
- Growth: $119 per month per technician
- Power: $149 per month per technician
RemotePC helps you provide remote support to your clients.
With a simple yet highly effective design, this software solution promises to give you all that you need in one location.
You can manage and maintain any client that is connected to the Internet.
When it comes to being your own RMM solution, you can remotely connect to any of your clients, whether you are working from home or on a business trip.
With the ability to have complete control of your clients’ desktops, this software solution can either be used as a PC management tool or for remote support.
Print documents, manage files, transfer files, and more by working through an interface that allows collaboration with other users.
- A performance viewer that works at 60 FPS speed makes it easy to monitor your systems and get an overall picture of what is going on with them.
- Having multiple users on one computer allows the right team to work on the same client-side computer at once.
- Access via web browser so that you can connect to your clients from literally anywhere.
- Platform independence allows you to use a Windows PC, a macOS, or a Linux-based system to work with this RMM solution.
- With a scalable plan, you can add workstations as your business grows.
There are special offers when it comes to first-year prices, as follows:
- Consumer: $29.62 per month
- SOHO: $44.62 per month
- SOHO: $59.62 per month
- Team: $224.62 per month
- Enterprise: $449.62 per month
Other RMM software not mentioned in this article includes N-Able RMM, Connectwise AUtomate, and Pulseway.
Remote monitoring and management software tools provide remote access to client systems and tools for many network and systems management capabilities.
The remote access may be done in various ways, including live control sessions or delivering a pre-recorded program that can run on the managed system.
RMM software typically works with other remote management tools such as patch management/distribution software to handle updates and new installations
Remote access tools that are used for remotely controlling client systems may be implemented using a variety of technologies, including but not limited to Windows Active Directory, SSH, and Remote Desktop Protocol.
Remote monitoring software differs from remote administration software in that it focuses on the ability to monitor conditions on managed systems.
Many managed service providers use remote monitoring software to verify that the systems they support continue to operate correctly.
This tool can give network managers increased peace of mind when considering or implementing an outsourcing model with an MSP.
RMM tools come in various shapes and sizes; this means that what one company looks for in an RMM software may be different from what another company requires.
The following are some of the key features that you should think about when considering whether a particular RMM software solution is right for you:
Some RMM software remediation tools allow you to customize the user interface for various users and customers.
It is also beneficial if the RMM solution comes with a guided tour or quick start guide so that when you first use this software, you will know where to look to find key features and functions quickly and easily.
Having the right remote access capabilities is essential for remote monitoring.
It is also important to have features such as remote scheduling of surveys or remote shutdown and restart so that you can remediate any problems on the client-side systems with ease.
An RMM software solution that can integrate your existing IT management solutions will provide you with many advantages.
For example, if you are using an asset management system, then integrating this RMM software solution with the two solutions will allow you to update the managed systems records whenever a change occurs automatically.
It is also helpful if you can integrate remote monitoring capabilities into other IT management applications, such as your helpdesk tracking software, so that you can get a full view of any problems with your managed systems.
If you do not currently manage a large number of systems, then it is likely that you do not need to opt for an RMM solution that is scalable up to thousands and thousands of computers.
However, if you think that at any point in the future, your business might grow and need to manage more systems than you do now, then you must select an RMM solution that can adapt as your needs change.
As many companies start using mobile devices such as laptops and tablets as part of their day-to-day operations, selecting an RMM solution that supports mobile devices is essential.
This will help ensure that you can monitor and manage all types of remote computers and systems, regardless of their location.
Whether these mobile devices are running on Android or Apple platforms, it is important that your chosen RMM solution can support them.
An integrated ticketing system within the RMM software will automatically enable your technicians to create tickets whenever a remote issue is detected.
This will help cut down on the time you spend manually creating tickets and provide a more streamlined service for your clients.
An integrated asset management module can help improve your efficiency as it enables you to use the RMM software to update records on managed systems.
It is also helpful if this module allows for mobile app and device registration, remote shutdown, and restart, as this helps manage various assets and devices.
When looking at an RMM solution, it is worth evaluating whether this software supports cloud services.
This will enable you to remotely manage clients’ systems using the Internet without installing any software locally on your computer or your client’s system.
Some of these solutions come with low-priced starter packages that allow you to manage a small number of systems.
Suppose your business grows and you find that you need more functionality.
In that case, you can always upgrade to a higher-level package that offers advanced remote monitoring, scheduling, and any other features that might be useful in helping you to take care of your clients’ needs.
It is often the case that patches and updates can cause problems with a system or an application.
Some RMM software solutions come with automated patch management capabilities to help you minimize downtime and keep your systems up-to-date without needing to worry about any of these issues.
You will almost certainly find that you need to provide remote assistance to your clients from time to time.
An RMM software solution can help with this as it enables you to schedule sessions and remotely control a client’s system with ease.
This helps you resolve any issues quickly and easily without needing to be at the client’s site.
The client networks that you will be taking care of are likely to contain a wide range of types of hardware and software that you need to know about.
You must select an RMM solution that can keep track of these systems’ hardware and software components.
This will enable you to quickly find out what issues have been reported by each system and resolve them quickly, preventing the need for any hardware or software changes.
All businesses must safeguard their systems against any unauthorized access or intrusion.
An RMM solution with security monitoring capabilities can help you identify any suspicious processes on your system so that you can take action accordingly.
This will be particularly important for businesses in susceptible sectors (including the financial and banking sectors), needing to comply with various regulations.
Professional services automation (PSA) is a term given to the level of automation that you can achieve with an RMM solution.
You must select an RMM software solution that offers this functionality.
It will allow you to reduce your operational costs and improve efficiency by reducing the number of manual tasks that need to be carried out.
Various IT departments and IT service providers will help whenever vulnerabilities arise within a workflow.
This can vary from device management, remote monitoring & management, IT operations, onboarding, and even billing.
It is essential to have RMM software with live customer support that can help walk you through any problems you are experiencing.
SNMP stands for Simple Network Management Protocol. It is a network protocol that enables network devices to be monitored and managed.
SNMP is often used with RMM software to provide remote monitoring and management capabilities.
No, having an antivirus solution is not crucial when using an RMM software solution.
However, it is often advisable to have one to help protect your systems from malware or other threats.
SAAS is a term that stands for software as a service. It is a model whereby the software is hosted by the provider and made available to the customer over the internet.
One can often use RMM software in conjunction with SAAS solutions to provide remote monitoring and management capabilities.
RMM software tools are essential to running a more efficient and professional services company.
They will significantly improve how you provide support for your clients, automate everyday tasks and provide security monitoring capabilities to help keep your systems as secure as possible.
By looking at the features offered by each solution and assessing their importance for your business, you will be able to find the software that best suits your requirements and budget.
To recap, the best RMM Software on the market right now are:
- RMM Central: Best Overall For An RMM Solution.
- Kaseya VSA: Best For Those Looking To Eliminate Network Inefficiencies
- Itarian: Best For Solving Any Issue Remotely.
Have you ever used RMM software before? Which one was your preferred solution?
I’d love to read your thoughts and comments about this software in the comments below.
In addition, the best SIEM tools (security information and event management tools) can also help protect your business in its day-to-day operations.