Blog Income Report for July 2019: How I Earned $21,599 This Month
While most blog income reports are from bloggers and podcasters who started 5+ years ago, here's one for my blog that just launched seven months ago.
Let's dive into my blog income report.
1. Blog Income in July 2019: $21,599
July was a big month for me.
I left my full-time job on July 25th and started to scale out my blog processes full-time.
Most of my time is now spent on two primary areas: my blog's content and my link building/consulting services.
Because of this new income, I am going to travel through Europe and Southeast Asia starting in mid-August.
Let's look at my blog's income streams.
- Affiliate Revenue: $5,454
- Academy of Mine
- Amazon Associates
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
- Smart Podcast Player
- WP Engine
- Digital Product Sales: $683
- SEO Consulting for 10 B2B Clients: $15,462
Expenses in July 2019: $2,051
- Freelance employee: $1,000
- Content writers: $680
- Web development: $150
- Web hosting: $86
- Email marketing: $49
- WP Rocket plugin: $49
- Grammarly: $19
- CDN: $18
Net Profit: $19,548 (90.5% Gross Profit Margin)
Now, onto some key takeaways, traffic stats, a July recap, and plans for August.
2. July Takeaways:
1. Digital Product Sales
I increased my passive income by 113% this month:
- In June, income through affiliate marketing and my digital products was $2,880.
- In July, this passive income increased to $6,137.
This proves to me that you can start to generate some solid passive income by month 7 (or sooner) with the right strategies.
2. SEO Consulting
I currently work with 10 clients and provide them with SEO consulting, link building, and brand mention services. My SEO and content marketing consulting revenue increased by $11,912 this month by scaling out processes, hiring an awesome freelancer, and having more time after leaving my full-time job.
Here's a screenshot of my July invoices:
I decided to remove AdSense from my site because it was generating about $200/month but annoying and not worth it.
3. Traffic for July 2019: 76,926 Users (+65.8%)
My blog's traffic increased 65.8% month-over-month, growing from 45,373 users in June to 76,926 in July. My blog is 90% organic traffic.
Monthly traffic is 6,607% higher than January 2019 when I first started.
4. Email Subscribers for July 2019: +1,400 (+32.6%)
I use ConvertKit for my email marketing and added 1,400 new email subscribers in July, compared to 1,056 in June and +681 in May. This increased primarily because of the overall traffic increase and a few CRO tweaks with OptinMonster.
5. Tasks Completed in July:
- I joined 20+ new affiliate programs.
- New blog posts:
- 11 Best Landing Page Builders
- 14 Best Travel Jobs
- 10 Best Travel Backpacks
- How to Become a Digital Nomad
- Guest Posts: New articles on Castos, Volusion, and CloserIQ
- Link Building:
- 271 new backlinks
- 11 new referring domains with DR over 70
- New Plugins Added:
- WP Rocket for site speed
- WP Last Modified Info to show date modified on my pages for SEO
That's it for my blog's income report for July 2019.
The purpose of these new blog income reports is to showcase that you can make a sizable income from a brand new blog within months, not years.
If you want to see some of my top-performing affiliate revenue-generating articles, you can check them out here:
- 27 Best Web Hosting Services of 2019
- 11+ Best Podcast Hosting Sites of 2019
- 13+ Best Platforms to Create an Online Course in 2019
Thank you so much for reading – I'm very grateful you found your way here.
If you want to start treating your blog like a business and make life-changing money in months, not years, join my email list for a 10,000+ word, 7-day email course on how I did it.