Last Updated on
While most blog income reports are from bloggers and podcasters who started 5+ years ago, here’s one for my blog that just launched seven months ago.
Let’s dive into my blog income report.
1. Blog Income in July 2019: $21,599
July was a big month for me.
I left my full-time job on July 25th and started to scale out my blog processes full-time.
Most of my time is now spent on two primary areas: my blog’s content and my link building/consulting services.
For my blog, I get initial drafts written for me, then I edit them and publish them on my site. Outside of that, I spend the other 50% of my time pitching guest posts and getting backlinks for my site (and my clients).
Because of this income, I am going to travel through Europe and Southeast Asia starting in mid-August. I’m also planning to launch a full online course that dives deeper into my 7-day email course soon and may shoot each chapter in a different country.
Let’s look at my blog’s income streams.
- Affiliate Revenue: $5,454
- Podbean: $1,892
- Hostinger: $630
- Bluehost: $525
- Thinkific: $518
- Buzzsprout: $412
- Transistor: $267
- Learnworlds: $251
- WP Engine: $200
- Learndash: $188
- Flexjobs: $178
- Teachable: $163
- Simplecast: $100
- GreenGeeks: $50
- Academy of Mine: $50
- Constant Contact: $10
- Campaign Monitor: $10
- Smart Podcast Player: $6
- Amazon: $4
- Digital Product Sales: $683
- SEO Consulting for 10 B2B Clients: $15,462
Expenses in July 2019: $2,051
- Freelance employee: $1,000
- Content writers: $680
- Web development: $150
- Web hosting: $86
- Email marketing: $49
- WP Rocket plugin: $49
- Grammarly: $19
- CDN: $18
Net Profit: $19,548 (90.5% Gross Profit Margin)
Now, onto some key takeaways, traffic stats, a July recap, and plans for August.
2. July Takeaways:
My strongest performance is in the podcasting space, with Podbean, Buzzsprout, and Transistor leading the pack. I also joined the Simplecast affiliate program in late July and seeing strong conversion rates so far. What’s nice about a few of these programs is that they pay on a recurring basis.
For example, with Buzzsprout, I now have 779 podcasters that joined their platform via my affiliate links:
In web hosting, I made $1,405 from 18 sales, which is up from $664 in June from 9 sales. This is led by Hostinger and Bluehost. Hostinger currently has a strong 90% discount promotion and offers web hosting for $0.80/month, leading to strong conversion rates.
And in online course platforms, I made $1,170 led by Thinkific and Teachable.
Those thinking about joining the Amazon Associates affiliate program should probably temper expectations. I sent them 829 clicks for a solid $4 – half a cent per click!
2. Digital Product Sales
I increased my passive income by 113% this month:
- In June, income through affiliate marketing and my digital products was $2,880.
- In July, this passive income increased to $6,137.
This proves to me that you can start to generate some solid passive income by month 7 (or sooner) with the right strategies.
3. SEO Consulting
I currently work with 10 clients and provide them with SEO consulting, link building, and brand mention services. My SEO and content marketing consulting revenue increased by $11,912 this month by scaling out processes, hiring an awesome freelancer, and having more time after leaving my full-time job.
Here’s a screenshot of my July invoices:
I decided to remove AdSense from my site because it was generating about $200/month but annoying and not worth it.
3. Traffic for July 2019: 76,926 Users (+65.8%)
My blog’s traffic increased 65.8% month-over-month, growing from 45,373 users in June to 76,926 in July. My blog is 90% organic traffic.
Monthly traffic is 6,607% higher than January 2019 when I first started.
4. Email Subscribers for July 2019: +1,400 (+32.6%)
I use ConvertKit for my email marketing and added 1,400 new email subscribers in July, compared to 1,056 in June and +681 in May. This increased primarily because of the overall traffic increase and a few CRO tweaks with OptinMonster.
5. Tasks Completed in July:
- I joined 20+ new affiliate programs.
- New blog posts:
- Guest Posts: New articles on Castos, Volusion, and CloserIQ.
- Link Building:
- 271 new backlinks
- 11 new referring domains with DR over 70
- New Plugins Added:
- WP Rocket for site speed
- WP Last Modified Info to show date modified on my pages for SEO
- Keyword Rankings:
- Moved up to #1 for “Affiliate Programs”
- Moved to #1 for “Podcast Hosting”
- Moved to #2 for “Online Course Platforms”
- Moved to #7 for “How to Make Money Online”
- Moved up to #20 for “Best Web Hosting.” This is the long-term high revenue page I’m focusing on.
- Moved up to #20 for “Name Generator.” This is a super high volume term that gets 430,000 searches/month.
That’s it for my blog’s income report for July 2019.
The purpose of these new blog income reports is to showcase that you can make a sizable income from a brand new blog within months, not years.
If you want to see some of my top-performing affiliate revenue-generating articles, you can check them out here:
- 27 Best Web Hosting Services of 2019
- 11+ Best Podcast Hosting Sites of 2019
- 13+ Best Platforms to Create an Online Course in 2019
Thank you so much for reading – I’m very grateful you found your way here.
If you want to start treating your blog like a business and make life-changing money in months, not years, join my email list for a 10,000+ word, 7-day email course on how I did it.