17 Best Learning Management Systems (LMS) of 2020 Ranked
The online learning market is going through unprecedented growth, likely to surpass a value of $375 billion by 2026.
With so much growth potential due to more people staying at home and less on-premise learning, learning management systems are becoming one of the most used sought after online tools.
eLearning has also brought flexibility, agility, and ease of learning for both teachers and learners. Teachers can teach or assign course modules from any part of the world, and learners can take online classes or study course modules online from anywhere and on any device.
Organizations across the globe are also leveraging the benefits of eLearning to train their workforce for the next project, team management, HR compliance, and more. And even bloggers and influencers are using online course platforms to sell their knowledge to students all over the world.
To get started in eLearning, you need a capable learning management system (LMS).
But it’s a challenging task to find the right LMS system in an over-hyped and already crowded LMS market.
To simplify your job, I ranked and reviewed a list of the best learning management systems for any business or organization.
These reviews are based on features, pricing, classroom functionality, performance, and more.
Let’s get started.
Here are my top picks for the best learning management systems.
Suitable For Businesses Looking For A Straightforward And User-friendly LMS ($59/Month).
TalentLMS promises to make you go live 2x faster. The cloud-based learning management system offers a ready-to-use solution where you just need to sign-up and add courses to enable eLearning. It also provides a free trial and customizable pricing plans as per the needs of your business.
Other than this, you can easily host virtual training through TalentLMS and integrate video conferencing software like Zoom into the LMS. It also enables you to build engaging course modules by leveraging the existing media or through content available over the internet.
- Cmi5 – This xAPI-based specification facilitates efficient eLearning data exchange. It also defined interoperability rules for content viewing, session management, authentication, reporting, and course structure between LMS and Learning Record Stores.
- File Repository – Organize files, share them with users, reuse them for your learning modules easily.
- Assessment Engine – Evaluate the progress of learners with multiple test types and analyze test results through various data reports.
- It allows you to create curriculums for learners automatically with restricted learning paths.
- Delivers a mix of eLearning and instructor-led training.
- It supports calendar, personal messages, and discussion forums.
- Easily monetize your courses by selling them via PayPal or Stripe.
- Manage your learning environment by segregating them into branches. Each branch will act as a separate entity with its own users, courses, and theme.
- Full control of content management and content creation.
- Control of course materials, course authoring, and course management.
- Provides the ability to set learning objectives to match your training needs.
TalentLMS offers a free plan with up to 5 users and 10 courses. The paid plans start from $59 per month for up to 40 users and range up to $429 per month.
Suitable For Businesses That Have A WordPress Website ($159/Annum).
LearnDash works as a WordPress LMS plugin and enables you to publish courses online quite easily. It comes with an easy to navigate user interface and leverages custom post types to create course modules easily.
It allows businesses to charge a fee for accessing eLearning content in multiple ways. Plus, it comes equipped with an extensive library of official and third-party add-ons along with several integration options to let you leverage additional features.
On top of that, this cloud-based LMS platform allows businesses to post an unlimited number of online courses. Even if you’re a beginner, then also you have nothing to worry about since it provides a drag and drop interface to create new courses and post eLearning content online quickly.
- Focus Mode – Give your learners a dedicated virtual learning environment and let your content become the focus by eliminating all distractions.
- Flexible Prerequisites – This feature helps learners determine which courses they need to take and in what order.
- Course Bundle – Offer a bundle of courses to monetize your eLearning content in a better manner.
- You have the option to choose from eight different types of questions for more engaging quizzing.
- It allows you to award course points to learners as they complete a course module or reach the next level.
- It offers powerful integration with Stripe, PayPal, or 2Checkout to help you monetize your eLearning platform.
- Run your eLearning platform across multiple sites with the same efficiency.
- It’s fully compatible with mobile devices, including tablets, smartphones, laptops, and more.
- Easy integrations with WordPress and social sharing use cases via social media channels.
Its paid packages start from $159/annum and go up to $329/annum.
Best For Businesses Looking To Train The Modern Workforce With A Modern LMS ($349/Month).
SkyPrep enables businesses to customize their eLearning interface easily. It allows admins to include business logos easily, choose themes, select colors, welcome screens, icons, and images as per their branding requirements. It also provides customization of eLearning certificates and custom URLs.
Moreover, you can easily upload eLearning files, including MS Office files, PDFs, videos, embedded links, and multimedia presentations.
Do you want to save your precious time? For that, it also allows the admin to reuse the same content in other courses saving plenty of time. On top of that, SkyPrep offers powerful assessment and survey features that get graded automatically.
- Advanced Reporting – It offers visual reports, multiple reporting levels, and course performance profiles to gauge learners’ performance easily.
- Robust Integration – You also get an open API to help integrate with the systems that you are already using in your office.
- Enterprise-Grade Security – It secures all the data in secure SSL-certified cloud infrastructure and offers total access control of the platform.
- Customize the learning paths to restrict the flow of courses.
- It’s PCI-DSS compliant to enable secure transactions.
- It offers access to several pre-packaged courses to help easily launch an eLearning platform.
- You can easily login through other social platforms, including Gmail, Facebook, Windows Live, and LinkedIn.
- It also offers self-managed recurring training.
Its paid plans start from $349 per month that supports up to 100 active users.
4. Academy of Mine.
Great Niche Enterprise LMS for Vertical Markets ($499/Month).
Academy of Mine is an all in one learning management system that enables businesses to create, market, and sell courses online. It also allows you to manage all your courses from a single point easily.
On top of that, it works efficiently on multiple devices, including desktop, iPhone, iPad, and all Android devices. It also supports various languages, including English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, and German.
To make things simpler for a more novice audience, it comes powered with a drag and drop builder. So, even if you have little to no technical know-how, then also you can easily create new course modules. Its flexible website builder also lets you create unlimited web pages and landing pages for your website within minutes.
- Marketing Tool – It offers all the relevant marketing tools for Content Marketing, Google Analytics, SEO, Keyword Research, and more.
- Student Dashboard: Efficiently integrate student and instructor dashboards to track learners’ progress and optimize your eLearning content.
- Drip Features: This feature allows you to control the path of your course catalog. You can also unlock or lock content based on rights and flow.
- Personalize the LMS completely without writing a single line of code.
- Create a unique online shop for your eLearning content using custom pages.
- Automate access and course enrollment to save time for more important tasks.
- It leverages TLS 2.0 encryption and SSL to protect your data.
- It also offers 24/7 dedicated customer support and onboarding.
Its paid plans start from $449 per month. It also offers a customizable quote-based plan.
Best For Businesses That Are Looking For An AI-based System To Automate Redundant And Time-consuming Tasks.
Docebo is one of the most highly acclaimed learning management systems with a client list ranging from Thomson Reuters to Bloomberg. It works on the coach and shared philosophy and offers a host of practical features. One of its amazing features is that it enables businesses to efficiently manage, centralize, and organize learning activities – creating a beautiful user experience.
Its unique feature, Docebo Discover, Coach & Share, allows learners to share their own learning material. What’s more, this feature enables them to invite their peers and build an online community of learners. It also leverages AI-powered tech to ensure user-generated content reaches all the learners easily.
- Advanced Reporting – Easily track and measure the impact of your training program through a customized dashboard and reports that will feature only the required data.
- eCommerce – Docebo offers an easy-to-use user interface to enable learners to browse and buy learning modules/ content catalogs.
- Gamification – Boost up user engagement by introducing interesting elements like badges, points, and awards.
- Enhance knowledge retention through contests and leaderboards.
- It allows you to track and monitor learners’ engagements from a centralized location.
- Easily monitor performance, manage classroom schedules and locations, attendance, and assign courses to learners and instructors.
- It allows you to create a learn-centric user experience while meeting your branding guidelines.
- Turn on integrations and extensions instantly to scale up your platform in no time.
- Tin Can API compliance.
Doceo offers a single pricing plan based on your requirements. However, you need to contact their sales team for an exact pricing plan.
Blackboard Is Best For Businesses That Are Looking For A Premium LMS Solution.
Blackboard allows the administrator to design and manage online learning. You can efficiently deliver tests and grades and augment the system based on your audience’s requirement through a vast plugin library known as Blackboard Building Blocks. It also offers powerful collaboration tools, reliable analytics, and a mass notification system.
On top of that, it offers the options of self-hosted, managed-hosted, and cloud-based SaaS configuration. Blackboard also provides seamless integration with institutions’ Student Information System to allow students to access all the information in one place.
- Actionable Insights – Easily make sense of a large amount of data related to the learning management system used to make the eLearning experience more impactful.
- Extensive Integration – Offers robust integration with applications that you are already working on. Leverage its large list of global channel partners for smoother integration.
- Zero Downtime Updates – It facilitates constant updates without the requirement of taking the system down for greater user experience.
- New features, fixes, and enhancements get delivered on a monthly basis regularly.
- Continuous delivery updates help users adapt to changes easily.
- It offers reliable support round the clock and on all days of the week.
- It comes with reliable web conferencing capabilities to enable learners to reach you from any device.
- It also provides creative mobile-friendly flipped lessons that stay on the LMS permanently.
- It’s fully accessible to enable learners with different capabilities to participate in eLearning.
Its pricing plans are available on a request basis.
A Good Option For Businesses Looking For A Global Learning Program (Free).
Moodle helps you in creating your eLearning website within a few minutes. It comes powered with various instructions, features, assessment, and reporting modules. The LMS platform is adaptive to different teaching methodologies, including completely online or blended learning methodology.
The cloud-hosted solution enables learners to access courses and learners’ data from anywhere on any internet-enabled device.
Plus, it allows students and teachers to collaborate easily. On the customer support front, it has got a robust community of Moodle partners that help businesses fix bugs and problems. Since it’s an open-source platform, it’s available for free. However, you’ll have to buy its paid plan for dedicated assistance.
- Regular Updates – It has got a large community of developers to ensure new features and security patches keep coming in the form of regular updates.
- Customized Learning – You can easily customize the user role or process to fit the learning pattern.
- Private Server – To ensure absolute security, moodle offers the option to deploy the LMS software in a private server.
- It supports an unlimited number of users.
- Moodle comes with a personalized dashboard and customizable data reporting feature.
- For additional features, it provides integration with a large number of plugins and add-ons.
- It offers a user-friendly and straightforward user interface.
- It supports both Android and Windows.
It’s available for free. However, if you don’t have technical assistance, you can pay $80 per year for dedicated support.
An Excellent Option For Businesses Looking For A Capable And Cost-effective ($37/Month).
JoomlaLMS comes equipped with a multi-language interface and is highly customizable for custom branding. It complies with AICC and SCORM based eLearning standards. You can also configure the front page of the LMS.
On top of that, it offers multiple in-built user groups, roles, and group management, along with customizable learner profiles. What’s more, it’s capable of exporting and importing user lists and also offers multiple in-built features enrollment and registration.
JoomlaLMS also enables admins to facilitate eLearning courses in different course categories, including restricted, secondary, and subcategories. You also get a 30-day free trial to help you make an informed decision.
- Manage User Roles – It allows admins to manage user roles in real-time and modify or assign user roles as per the requirement.
- Media Rich Courses – Create stunning and engaging courses by uploading files of multiple formats, including audio, .text, video, .zip, HTML files, .pdf, links, and event add SCORM/AICC packages.
- Control Course Display – Launch courses in the List or Grid view and toggle the Student/Teacher Modes to have a look at the online course from the learners’ perspective.
- Reuse the uploaded learning content to create new eLearning course modules and save time.
- Set the course and material availability period and manage it through access levels.
- You can group courses in categories or subcategories for better organization.
- It lets you leverage the embedded course builder to create online courses within minutes.
- Filter the courses category wise in the search result to help students find relevant courses more easily.
Its paid plans start from $37 per month. You also get an Enterprise plan that provides pricing based on specific requirements.
One Of The Capable Options For Businesses That Want Total Control Over Their Elearning Course Setup.
Adobe Captivate Prime is an award-winning LMS designed to deliver modern learning experience. It enables businesses to effectively train partners, employees, and customers through an enhanced and enjoyable learning experience.
It also leverages an AI-based Social Learning mechanism to encourage learners to study in their regular workflow and enable peers to learn from one another.
- Extended Enterprise & Partner Training – Enable learners to upgrade their skills and collaborate with partner organizations by extending LMS to the external ecosystem.
- Customer Education – Deliver customer training with a personalized experience through customized URLs. It also enables you to keep users engaged and updated to the latest content delivered on any device or platform.
- Discussion Boards – Enable learners to post content on existing boards and create new ones for logical grouping of data and information depending upon job groups, skills, or topics of relevance.
- All learners get access to their own social feed, curated by activities of peers they are following, discussion boards, and topics of interest.
- Learners can easily create a poll question and invite responses from other users.
- Mark users as Public, Private, or Restricted to control the audience that can contribute to your discussion or not.
- Follow subject matter experts or peers of your choice to see their learning activity.
- Learners can gauge the activity levels of different boards to identify suitable boards.
- It comes with a 30-day free trial.
It costs $4 per month per registered user.
10. SAP Litmos LMS.
Best For Businesses That Need To Have Worldwide Delivery In A Secure And Reliable Manner ($6/Month Per User).
SAP Litmos boasts of over 22 million LMS users and has some of the top companies as its clients, including YouTube, Mercedes, and Pepsico. The LMS platform offers a powerful combination of SAP Litmos Training and powerful training content. It also enables targeted learning, boosts user experience, and safeguards the brand by ensuring compliance.
It engages learners directly in the flow of work while enhancing KPIs throughout the enterprise. It’s also capable of unifying classroom, virtual, social learning, and mobile. What’s more, it empowers training, sales, service leaders, and HR teams to efficiently track training courses and schedule instructor-led online courses.
- Video Assessments – It enables learners to record and upload their videos to deliver communications, including product overviews or elevator pitches.
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT) – Easily schedule classroom or virtual training by leveraging the intuitive ILT module. It also offers user feedback, courses assessment, and an efficient view of student progress.
- Customized Learning Paths – Populate multiple courses in logical groupings to build personalized learning paths to gather greater engagement from learners.
- It offers notifications in real-time based on the activities of teams and learners.
- Stimulate friendly competition by easily awarding points, achievements, and badges based on participation.
- Automate time-taking tasks such as group enrollment and assignment of tasks.
- Easily monetize your courses through pre-packaged features. You can also set up an online storefront through smooth Shopify integration.
- It provides your custom reports emailed directly in your inbox.
Its paid plans start from $6 per month per user, but you need to have at least 150 users to get started.
11. LearnUpon LMS.
Suitable For Businesses Looking For An Lms Solution That Is Easy To Set Up And Use ($599/Month).
LearnUpon is a powerful LMS that offers a lot of impressive features, world-class support, and a free trial for all its premium plans. Even if you’re new to this, you can get started quickly using its intuitive drag and drop feature – you have to upload and arrange your content.
It also offers tight integration with several webinar tools to facilitate blended learning, including Zoom, Adobe Connect, and GoToWebinar. You can also easily add instructor-led training (ILT) into your curriculum or conduct live training sessions efficiently.
- Automate Exams – Let your learner know their performance by instantly showing the score of online exams with the auto-correct feature.
- Surveys – Collect all the relevant information and feedback on the course. You can also leverage detailed analytics reports to break down the meaning of every answer.
- Customized Certificate – Create certificates as per your branding guidelines and make better-performing learners feel special.
- It generates certificates automatically after a course module gets completed.
- Switch and manage between portals as and when required to train a greater number of people efficiently.
- Assign tasks to different stakeholders, including managers, admins, and instructors in the portal, to save time.
- Easily automate redundant tasks, including user creation, access, data synchronization, and enrollments.
- You can add LearnUpon as a Salesforce connected application to have access to accurate training data.
Its basic plan costs $599 for 50 users per month.
12. Asentia LMS.
A Compatible LMS For Businesses That Require Engaging User Experience ($340/Month).
Asentia LMS is perfect for blending modern online learning technology with traditional training methods efficiently. It offers a vibrant eLearning ecosystem that offers smooth collaboration and enables you to quickly onboard new users and track their progress within the LMS efficiently.
The LMS also comes powered with a capable observation assessment feature to track the performance of learners while they are doing their jobs. You also get unique features like a customizable dashboard, real-time notifications, automated tasks, and eCommerce tools.
- Mobile Compatibility – The entire LMS application has a responsive design capable of efficiently working on devices of any screen size.
- Multilingual Support – You can easily localize the LMS for up to 14 languages across system data, notifications, and user interface.
- xAPI Support – xAPI specification enables more comprehensive tracking of user behavior on the platform and online experience. You can also track activities outside the LMS.
- It allows learners to download assignments and later upload for validation.
- It also offers ad-hoc and one-on-one training sessions and supports performance evaluations of the learner.
- Create learning paths to enable learners to proceed through a guided sequence in the course.
- Automatically award/deliver customized certificates after the completion of the course.
- Learners get the option to wait during the ILT (Instructor-led Training) session.
The pricing for 50 active users starts at $375 per month and $340 per month for 100 named users.
Online Training For Businesses With A Remote Workforce.
Mindflash is delivering its services to several industry leaders, including Apple and Microsoft. The cloud-based learning management solution enables businesses to efficiently train partners, customers, resellers, and employees.
It also offers a simple user interface that is feasible for users who need to enter and exit the LMS system instantly. Its simple navigation focuses on the course content and data reports. Plus, the dashboard comes with a lot of white space, visible tabs, and a highly functional search bar. However, gamification and social networking features are absent in Mindflash.
- Quizzes and Assessments – Motivate learners, help them learn, and assess their learning outcomes. You also get all the tools related to creating effective quizzes before, during, or after the eLearning course.
- SCORM Compliant – Mindflash’s SCORM compliant LMS assists in streamlining the business efficiently. It also enables easy access to the live content to ensure employees are able to follow regulatory compliance, safety, or product training.
- Reports and Dashboards – Create customized reports and convert actionable information in easy to understand data.
- Easily create quizzes, add content, and track the progress of learners.
- Learners can send direct messages to the instructor to resolve queries or problems.
- It provides compatibility with 20 foreign languages to help you interact with users from different regions.
- Easily add video and audio to training content and quizzes.
- It offers an API to plug other software into the system manually.
Its pricing is available on a request basis only.
14. iSpring Learn.
A Training Solution For Businesses That Need An LMS For Employee Training Only.
iSpring Learn enables users to gain access to online learning material for any device and even when offline. It also offers detailed tracking of employees’ learning progress. On top of that, its clean user interface ensures you do not get overwhelmed by the online learning experience. Through iSpring, administrators can also easily upload the content and create courses.
Other than this, iSpring offers unlimited storage space to enable businesses to upload as many learning contents as they want. You can easily create beautiful stories with quotes, illustrations, videos, and interactions without any technical expertise.
- SCORM Support – It registers and tracks SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 learning content accurately.
- Interactive Longreads – Create intuitive and interactive long content with audio, video, and images.
- Exercises – Add self-test questions for articles and detailed feedback for each question.
- Divide longer articles into separate sections to enable step-by-step navigation.
- Track the number of people who are reading the article and their learning progress as well.
- Use fonts and colors as per your branding guidelines to make the articles a part of your business’ digital collateral.
- Assign homework to trainees and get notifications when a trainee submits the homework.
- Create different groups for employees and teams as per the training requirements.
iSpring Learn’s paid services cost $770 and $970 per year. There are no monthly subscription plans.
A Learning Tool Suitable To Deliver Modern Elearning Experience.
Agylia is a mid-corporate LMS that offers powerful deployment capabilities and boasts of a blue-chip client base. It offers an intuitive user experience across devices, depending upon the needs of learners and administrators. Moreover, it comes with a visual and sleek interface and a powerful search feature.
On top of that, it offers native iOS and Android applications for mobile learning. Powered by xAPI, Agylia facilitates smooth performance for the native mobile app. Through Agylia, you can deliver personalized eLearning experience by providing specific learning programs and role-specific content.
- Multi-Device Microlearning – Learners can access micro-learning content from any device, including smartphones, computers, and tablets. The mobile app also enables learners to gain access to eLearning content in offline mode.
- Extensive Third-party Integration – It offers integration with HR and talent management systems, authentication and identity management solutions, CRMs, enterprise social networks, among others.
- Google Maps Integration – It lets you leverage Google Maps to pin locations for classroom-based events.
- Organize instructor-led webinars and virtual training sessions. There’s also a waiting list feature where users can wait for their chance.
- Enable seamless navigation and SSO among systems to deliver a smoother learning experience.
- It also enables self-discovery, browsing, and self-learning among approved content items.
- You can award customized certificates to learners in PDF formats after the completion of every course.
- Leverage email messaging and push notifications to never miss a conversation.
Its pricing plans are available on request.
An Open-source Learning Platform That Offers Simplified Solutions For Businesses.
Chamilo is a stable learning management system that is best for businesses looking for a cost-efficient and reliable solution for their eLearning needs. It offers an intuitive user interface and is easy to use, which comes in handy if you’re new to eLearning. You can also instantly create simple and basic courses through its straightforward authoring tools.
The Chamilo community is constantly working to keep the open-source LMS free, relevant, and competitive in the ever-changing digital space. It offers all modern features, including customization of platform, mobile support, and robust support through an online community.
- Mobile-Friendly – Its responsive design offers mobile support to enable learners to access eLearning content from any device.
- Customization – Chamilo comes equipped with a customizable user interface to help users meet their branding guidelines.
- 24/7 Support – Its online community is available round the clock to help you with your queries and problems.
- You can leverage its intuitive media and language embedding setting to reflect the branding of your business.
- It offers a simple and engaging user interface.
- Easily use and navigate through the website with its graphic scheme.
- It also offers a training catalog through which you can get certified as a Chamilo expert.
- It supports a lot of plugins to help businesses include additional features.
It’s available for free.
Suitable For Businesses Looking For A Modern Mobile-based LMS Solution For Their Elearning Ventures.
EduMe is a mobile-based eLearning platform capable of delivering today’s workforce requirements. It has a solid client base of businesses like Deloitte, Uber, and Vodafone. Plus, it enables administrators to quickly create and deliver eLearning content that is easy to understand and reaches straight to the device of the team member.
Online courses of EduMe come in the microlearning format to stay on the point and deliver maximum information in the shortest possible time. This means that team members are able to grasp more by spending less time on the eLearning platform. On top of that, its microlearning format is super light and minimizes the text while maximizing images and videos for better understanding and engagement.
- In-depth Reporting – Measure the performance of your eLearning content through graphical data delivered in real-time to analyze course completion rate and the pass rate of teams, departments, and individuals.
- Communication – Instantly create engaging and informative messages with an option to add images. It also allows you to take surveys to get much-needed feedback from teams and individuals.
- Teams Management – You can leverage the team management feature to deliver information to employees as per the requirement.
- It offers a free trial for all premium plans.
- Leverage real-time data of learners to closely monitor the performance of eLearning content and employees.
- It offers enterprise-grade security with end-to-end encryption of data.
- Easily customize content delivery through flexible APIs.
- It offers Single-Sign-On (SSO) capability for the enterprise business.
Its pricing plans are available on a request basis only. You get prompted to use their free trial before making the final purchase.
An LMS is a software application that is responsible for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, and delivery of educational programs. It’s a direct successor of the eLearning concept that came about in the early 1900s.
While LMS first pioneered in the higher education sector in the 1990s, they are today most widely used in the corporate setup for training, learning, and upskilling.
Moreover, LMS is suitable not only for online teaching and content delivery but also as a medium of support for students and teachers alike.
While the features for different LMS may differ, most of them work the same way. How you use an LMS will vary again, depending on whether you’re the course creator or a user.
Let’s take a look at how to use Docebo, one of the best LMS, from the point of view of a content creator.
In the first step, you need to furnish your business email ID and submit the URL for your website.
Next, select the Admin Menu at the top right-hand corner, go to the e-learning section, and click on the ‘Courses Management’ option. You can create new courses, enroll new users, create new course categories, and manage courses.
Press on the green circular button with a ‘+’ sign to create new courses and select the ‘New course’ option. After that, select the ‘Create & edit’ option to start creating your course.
You can also choose a relevant thumbnail for your course. You can also add specific information about the course for the ready reference of the course users by adding course widgets.
An LMS usually offers a lot of more advanced features that allow higher levels of customization, but essentially, this is the basic way to use any LMS.
LMS is now widely used in corporate offices, colleges, schools, and other organizations.
The needs and requirements of various businesses will differ, and the business deliverables are likely to vary.
However, there are some features that are indispensable to any user and a number of key benefits you can enjoy, including:
Content creators should be able to sell their content online with the help of e-commerce platforms. It adds flexibility and helps the creators earn extra money as well. For example, TalentLMS lets its content creators sell their courses via PayPal and Stripe.
An LMS should be highly scalable, like Docebo. As your courses become popular, more and more people would want to sign-up for them. You need to use the right platform that can scale as per your needs and enroll more users, which is essential for your long-term sustainability.
An LMS should offer content curators a high degree of customizability, like SkyPrep. They should be able to design their own logos, use their own templates, distinctive colors and fonts, and other brand elements that can help differentiate them in the marketplace.
A good LMS should allow users to create content in bulk. Bulk courses are often useful for corporations and educational institutions. If you are looking for an LMS that can help you create learning content in bulk, then you can try out an option like Moodle.
LMS should have powerful dashboards that allow integration with analytical tools like Google analytics. Reporting and analytical features allow a business to generate actionable insights from the available data and make informed business decisions. A great example is Academy of Mine.
This feature helps businesses take advantage of real-time payment processing. It also ensures sizable cash on hand, which is important for operational activities. For example, Academy of Mine offers integration with payment gateways like Stripe, PayPal, PayFast, EWay, and more.
Making courses available in multiple languages ensures you reach out to a wider audience. From a business perspective, the number of prospective customers increases, and revenue is also likely to increase. For example, Academy of Mine offers services in languages like English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, and more.
While there are many more considerations like software security, responsiveness, and in-built templates, these features are essential.
These were some of the best learning management systems available. All the LMS solutions come with their unique capabilities. Hence, it isn’t easy to declare one option as the best offering. Choosing the right option would largely depend upon your requirements, budget, and team size of your businesses.
Open-source options, including Moodle and Chamilo, are most suitable for businesses with a shoestring budget. If you are a small business looking for premium services, then it would be feasible to go with options like SAP Litmos LMS or Adobe Captivate Prime. On the other hand, large enterprises with a big-budget can go with Agylia or EduMe.
Review the different LMS vendors and compare them carefully before making your final decision.
Are there any LMS tools not included in this list? Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below.