7 Best Web3 Developer Platforms of 2022 (Ultimate Guide)
Web1, Web 2, and Web 3 are different generations of the World Wide Web.
Web 1 was focused on static content and hyperlinks between pages.
Web 2 shifted the focus to dynamic content and user interaction and is the Web version we typically see in use today.
Web 2 includes social networking sites, blogs, wikis, and video sharing sites.
Then, there is Web3, a new version of the web that has many use cases.
For example, using NFT wallets to store and manage digital assets is a hallmark of the Web3 ecosystem.
Another example is digital real estate, where people can buy, sell, or rent property on the blockchain.
Blockchain can also help buy, sell, and trade metaverse crypto coins, another example of how Web3 is being used today.
Learning how to invest in Web3 is something everyone should be doing as developers are just beginning to scratch the surface of what’s possible.
Considering that the goal of Web3 is to create a more efficient and secure internet that gives users more control over their data, all applications are decentralized and run on the blockchain.
In this article, I will explore the best Web3 developer platforms right now and what they can offer.
If you’re looking to get into development on the Web3 stack, this is the article for you.
Let’s get right into it.
The following are the Web3 Developer Platforms to consider.
Alchemy makes Web3 development easy.
Being one of the world’s most powerful blockchain developer platforms and used by the majority of the planet’s top blockchain apps, the right code is always within reach.
Alchemy Supernode provides the fastest and most reliable JSON-RPC API for Ethereum and IPFS, allowing you to focus on building great products instead of struggling with infrastructure.
In addition, as one of the most popular blockchain APIs for Polygon, Ethereum (ETH), Arbitrum, Solana, Flow, and Crypto.org, you can get all the functionality you need from a single provider.
Developers can use Alchemy Build’s no-configuration in-house development tools to get up and running quickly.
If you’re looking for reliability and accuracy along with scalability and performance, then Alchemy is the platform for you.
- An all-in-one dashboard helps you manage your app’s data, user interactions, and more from a single interface.
- Web 3.0 push notifications let you know when important events happen on the blockchain so you can take action accordingly.
- The robust developer tools make it easy to build, test, and deploy your Web3 app.
- Supercharged Blockchain API allows you to query the blockchain for data with enhanced methods that make it easy to get the information you need.
Creating a new app is easy, with the information provided on various projects helping offer the essential information you need.
You need to sign up to get started with this platform.
- Super simple to set up an account and get started building code
- Basic functionality is straightforward to set up
- Further development is taking a bit of time to get live, but this is to be expected with new technology.
- Enhanced Alchemy APIs give its users exclusive features.
Questbook is an excellent platform for those looking to build Web3 applications quickly.
With a focus on speed and ease of use, Questbook makes it easy to get your app up and running in no time.
Learning is always free, making it an excellent platform for those just starting Web3 development.
With more than 15,000+ developers already on the platform, Questbook is one of the most popular Web3 development platforms.
You can also earn crypto and NFTs on the way, which is always a great incentive.
Featuring Ethereum, Solana, NEAR Protocol, and Polygon tracks, Questbook is one of the most comprehensive platforms for learning how to build decentralized applications.
- Learn to code in Web3 and get started in less than a minute.
- Always free so you can learn at your own pace without breaking the bank.
- 100% online, so you can learn from anywhere in the world.
- Get a course completion NFT upon completion of each course.
You can learn on the go with mobile app support and get started on your journey to becoming a Web3 developer.
Questbook is a free learning app.
- QuestBook has now raised $8.3 million to help web3 developers learn to code.
Odyssey features Momentum, a platform similar to the very essence of the word that propels your product development ambitions by helping you quickly turn great ideas into reality.
Built on Kusama, this platform is ideal for the Dotsama community to come together and create new and innovative products.
The community can also work on on-chain and off-chain activities to help the Kusama ecosystem grow.
With a real-time 3D home for the Dotsama ecosystem, community members can easily find what they are looking for and start product development immediately.
This is an excellent way for such users to contribute and interact with the community creatively and proactively.
- Token gated access ensures that only those with the required tokens can access and contribute to the community.
- The Stage mode is similar to Twitter spaces and allows for real-time community members’ interactions.
- Collab tools make it easy for members to collaborate on projects.
- Screen share makes it easy to share your screen with other community members.
- The World and Space calendar helps members track events in the community.
- The Community Space is a place for members to interact and share ideas.
The roadmap is clearly defined on their website, so knowing what to expect in the coming months is easy.
Create an account to get started with this platform.
- Continuous development of Momentum to improve its functionality.
Ceramic Network brings unlimited data composability to the Web3 ecosystem, allowing developers to build and scale dApps quickly.
With Ceramic, developers can easily create, manage, and deploy their dApps without worrying about data interoperability.
This means that developers can focus on what they’re good at and leave the data management to Ceramic.
With the ability to have a permissionless data streaming network, Ceramic is ideal for those looking to build data-heavy applications, making it easy to manage and scale data.
It also means that developers can share data with other developers easily and that the data is always available and up-to-date.
With an open API to store, modify, and retrieve data, Ceramic is also great for those who want to build on top of existing data sets.
- Mutable data streams can be easily shared and synced between connected apps.
- Immutable naming ensures data is always available and up-to-date.
- Custom functions allow developers to modify and retrieve data easily.
- DID authentication allows developers to share data.
- Sync & share makes it easy to keep data in sync.
- Host & deploy so that developers can quickly deploy their apps.
- Scalable consensus allows Ceramic to handle a large amount of data.
Having a forum, Discord, Twitter, and many other resources is a great feature of this platform and allows developers to get started quite easily.
The documentation is also easy to follow and understand.
You can easily connect current apps to Ceramic to start using the platform.
- Being the official sponsor of EthDenver 2022 allows them to build more powerful data applications.
PARSIQ Network gives you access to instant Web3 data that can be used to trigger actions in your apps.
This platform is designed for developers who want to build event-driven apps and need to be able to respond to events in real-time.
With both historical and real-time access to data, PARSIQ is perfect for those who need to track and respond to events that have already happened or are happening.
The platform also offers a full-suite data network solution to help you manage and monitor your app’s data in one place.
With the capacity to serve as many as 6,288,000,000 transactions in less than a second, this platform sets the standard for speed and performance.
- Access data on BSC, Ethereum, Avalanche, Polygon, and more. In addition, more chains will be added soon.
- Access via API or web interface to quickly get the needed data.
- Raw data filtering helps you find the data you need quickly and easily.
- Fault-Tolerant Data Lakes ensure that your data is always available and up-to-date.
- Confirmation level support allows you to set the level of confirmation you need before an action is triggered.
Featuring a solution that combines Data Lakes, Data Hubs, and more, this platform is designed to give you all the data you need in one place.
You can contact them, join their newsletter or learn more on their website.
- The platform is always getting closer to the goal of being the go-to platform for backend dApps building and Web3 protocols.
Graph gives developers the APIs they need to create a vibrant data-driven economy on Web3.
This platform is built for developers who want to create apps powered by data and need an easy way to access and use data from various sources.
Being an indexing protocol, the Graph can query Ethereum, IPFS, and similar data sources to help you find the data you need
This also means that building and publishing are made easy by using their open subgraphs APIs.
These can be turned into a decentralized global API, making it easy for others to use and build on your data.
It’s no longer the case that DevOps have to use proprietary indexing servers.
With Graph, there’s less need for such resources that can quickly become a bottleneck.
- A Global GraphQL API provides you with the ability to access and use data from a variety of sources.
- Graph allows you to build on a shared infrastructure designed to be interoperable on a shared, neutral foundation.
- Interoperability will enable you to connect to various data sources, making it easy to easily find the data you need.
- Governance is designed to ensure that the Graph platform remains decentralized and accessible to all.
- Security is a top priority for the Graph team, and they have implemented several security measures to protect your data.
- Reliability is ensured by the fact that the Graph platform is built on a robust and scalable infrastructure.
Explore various subgraphs to get started.
Thirdweb is excellent for its ease of use in creating various Web3 applications.
With its user-friendly interface, you can easily create smart controls you own while also managing and deploying your app.
You can use this platform to safeguard your valuable data and digital assets as a multi-sig or personal wallet.
Gone are the days when private keys needed to be manually managed and backed up while still risking leakage – Thirdweb now provides a better solution.
- Power up with extensions that can be used to create anything from a personal wallet to a full-fledged decentralized exchange.
- Robust SDKs and dashboards make it easy to manage and deploy your app.
- Get started with pre-built contracts that can be used to create various Web3 applications.
- Easily integrate into web, mobile, backend, games, etc., using their open APIs.
- Dashboards help control everything from user permissions to contract interactions.
Simply connect your wallet to start interacting with your contracts.
Other Web3 developer platforms not mentioned in this article include Moralis and Truffle.
Web3 developer platforms are a type of software that allows developers to create and interact with decentralized applications (dApps) on the Web3 network.
In other words, these platforms provide the infrastructure and tools developers need to build dApps.
Smart contracts play a crucial role in dApps as they help automate certain aspects of the application and can be used to store data or track assets.
This means that smart contract developers are in high demand as they are needed to help create and maintain these contracts.
It can be challenging to test and deploy smart contracts in a local development environment.
This is where Web3 developer platforms come in, providing the testing ground and infrastructure needed.
Since blockchain data is stored on a decentralized network, it is secure from hacks and data breaches.
Furthermore, as dApps are built on the Web3 network, they can take advantage of this security and immutability.
Web3 platforms also provide developers with the tools to build dApps quickly and easily.
These platforms often come with tools that make querying blockchain data easy, as well as provide a testing framework to ensure that apps work as intended before being deployed on the main net.
As a developer, you can access secret work opportunities in blockchain development.
This is another key benefit that many software developers are finding when it comes to using their programming language knowledge in building decentralized web applications.
These languages also open up many opportunities to specialize in various areas.
For example, the languages mentioned have various libraries (such as ethers.js) that can be used to interact with the Ethereum network.
There are also plugins that integrate various applications with Web3, such as MetaMask and Mist.
These include the hardhat plugin that brings the Web3 module to Hardhat.
Other popular plugins are the web3-react, which allows React developers to easily use Web3, and the web3-vue, which does the same for Vue.js developers.
Developers can also use tools like Github to find and contribute to open-source projects.
This is a great way to learn about how these platforms work and get involved in developing Web3 applications.
Another benefit of Web3 is that while traditionally only buying, selling, and trading happened with cryptocurrencies platforms, many platforms are also getting into Web3 development.
For example, Coinbase is one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges venturing into blockchain app development with its new Coinbase Wallet API.
With decentralization in blockchain technology being one of the critical aspects attracting people to this technology, it is essential to consider the right features when choosing a Web3 developer platform.
This will also allow developers to know which leading Ethereum software company is the best option for their project.
Here are some of the top features to consider.
Blockchain developers need a platform that is easy to use, enabling them to focus on developing the actual application rather than spending time on the infrastructure.
Dapp development platforms that require little to no configuration are ideal as they enable developers to get started quickly.
It is also essential to have the proper tutorial and training to help developers get started with their projects.
With cryptocurrency allowing easy and secure international payments, developers need a platform that can easily support this.
Web development is a rapidly changing field, and new technologies and frameworks are constantly being released.
Therefore, an open-source platform that supports a wide range of programming languages is essential, enabling developers to use the latest technologies.
Web3.js is an example of how developers can use a collection of libraries to interact with both local and remote Ethereum nodes.
This provides a high degree of flexibility for developers, who can choose the libraries that best suit their needs.
A backend infrastructure that can quickly scale is vital for any Web3 development platform.
The use cases of various applications will differ, and it is therefore essential that a platform can support a wide range of users.
With a frontend that is responsive and easy to use and a backend that can handle large amounts of data, Web3 developers will be able to create applications that scale as users adopt them.
The Ethereum blockchain is a secure and immutable platform.
However, applications developed on top of it are not necessarily so.
It is therefore essential to have a platform that takes security seriously and a team that is constantly working on improving the platform’s safety.
Smart contract events on blockchain networks can take time to propagate, and this can cause issues with applications that rely on them.
Building full stack dApps is essential to a company’s toolset to achieve their business goals on the decentralized web.
It allows many developers to work on the same project without worrying about compatibility issues.
Defi applications need to interact with several smart contracts, which can lead to gas prices and transaction speed issues.
Therefore, being aware of these issues and having a platform that can address them is essential for any Web3 developer looking for reliability.
The Ethereum Virtual Machine is a decentralized platform that executes smart contracts.
It is the environment in which all Ethereum dApps run.
The EVM is designed to be sandboxed so that applications can run without interference from each other.
This makes it an ideal platform for developing decentralized applications, enabling developers to focus on the application rather than the underlying infrastructure.
Metamask is one of the most popular Web3 wallets, as it is easy to use and supports a wide range of dApps.
Other popular wallets include Trust Wallet, Coinbase Wallet, and Enjin Wallet.
Smart contracts run decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
They are transparent and decentralized, and anyone can participate in them.
The main advantage of DAOs is that they are not subject to the same rules and regulations as traditional organizations and are not bound by geography or jurisdiction.
In the crypto space, dApp developers are quickly building blockchain applications that have the potential to disrupt a wide range of industries.
The platforms mentioned above are some of the best in the market and offer a wide range of features and services essential for any Web3 developer.
As the future of the internet is decentralized, it is essential to have a platform that can support the development of dApps.
The platforms mentioned above are some of the best in the market and will be essential for any Web3 developer in the coming years.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com: Want to learn more about Web3 and how this technology can be used to your advantage?
Here’s a blog post to consider when buying NFTs and ensuring you stay ahead of the curve.
In addition, here are the best NFT tokens to consider this year if you’re looking to invest.
Finally, knowing what AI development software is capable of can help you better use this technology both now and in the future.