13 Best AI Chatbots of 2022 (Ranked and Reviewed)
With AI becoming more and more advanced each year, businesses are slowly but surely starting to implement all types of AI software into everyday operations.
For example, AI writing software makes life easier by writing articles in mere minutes rather than hours.
AI recruiting software can make HR much more efficient by hiring suitable candidates for the job.
You get the idea.
When it comes to interacting with customers, one can say that live chat software is not a new technology.
However, AI chatbots are making businesses far more accessible than ever before.
With as much as 40% of internet users preferring to interact with AI chatbots compared to virtual agents, it’s time to take note of this trending technology.
As a business owner, you can use such chatbots for various purposes, such as providing customer support, answering FAQs and knowledge base questions, and even closing sales.
In this post, I rank and review some of the best AI chatbots available right now. The factors I take into consideration include:
- Ease of use.
- Customer support.
- And More.
If you want to find the best AI chatbots, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s get right into it.
The following list of AI chatbots can help you automate various aspects of your business.
MobileMonkey is one of the best chatbot platforms available on the market right now.
Integrate your SMS text Messaging, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger to enhance sales, nurture leads, increase customer satisfaction, and provide an all-around better client experience.
Whenever someone visits your site, they can immediately be greeted by an AI chatbot that offers to assist them with anything they may need and leads them to your pre-designed marketing funnel(s).
You can also reach out to your most active leads by sending an SMS or InMail message.
Using MobileMonkey, you can extend your reach by connecting to the most popular messenger apps, ensuring that you reach people where they are the most active.
- Go beyond webchat to send messages from Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp.
- Build customer relationships using pre-defined chat flows, landing pages, and articles.
- Low-cost chatbots can instantly respond to consumers, while live agents handle higher-priority conversations.
- With the MobileMonkey Team plan, agencies get unlimited pages and team analytics reports.
There are two paid plans when it comes to MobileMonkey:
- MobileMonkey Startup Edition: Starting at $119 per month with paying annually.
- MobileMonkey Growth Edition: Get in touch with their sales team for enterprise pricing.
ManyChat allows you to engage your clients at the right moment.
Automate interactive conversations in Instagram Direct Messages, SMS, and Facebook Messenger to boost conversion rate and build your following.
Increase the effectiveness of your marketing by creating automated, personalized chatbots to provide on-demand customer service or send notifications about new products.
You can also enjoy a variety of customizations for your marketing and sales channels.
These allow you to provide better product sales service, develop customer interactions with qualified leads, and provide prompt support.
Create and automate engaging conversations that nurture relationships and increase conversions using their easy-to-use, drag-and-drop interface.
No coding experience is needed to use ManyChat.
To get started, all you’ll need to do is choose a pre-made template, duplicate it, and make the necessary changes for your business.
- Combine two or more Messenger platforms (such as Instagram Direct Messages, Facebook Messenger, and more) into one chatbot.
- Keep conversations going by asking follow-up questions and using conditional branching and routing.
- Send and schedule unlimited messages for your various marketing channels.
- Combine your communication with SMS marketing to activate leads outside of the traditional channels.
- ManyChat connects to hundreds of applications you already use for your company, including Shopify, Google Sheets, MailChimp, Klaviyo, HubSpot, and Zapier.
There are two pricing options available:
- Free: With a free plan, you can connect ManyChat with up to 1,000 contacts.
- Pro: You can access all Pro features (for unlimited contacts) at $15 per month.
3. Meya AI.
Meya AI is great for improving customer experience through better customer support.
Add a responsive bot to your website or mobile app that works well with your human support staff and makes your customers ecstatic to get in touch.
Use programming platforms to manage all functions of your chat application by sending commands to Meya, parsing messages sent by users, and profoundly understanding user intents.
Programming languages like Python, Typescript and YAML are all supported, allowing you (or your developers) to write algorithms in familiar syntax and connect to your existing developer toolchain.
Also, with Meya’s customer-facing applications, you can write specific conversational flows triggered by user input.
Use their AI-driven developer console to create unique experiences for your bot, allowing you to strategize, develop, and execute your AI virtual assistant from one single console.
- Meya provides white-labeled B2B and B2C solutions for Facebook Messenger, SMS, Telegram, WhatsApp, webchat.
- Grow your business by providing customized AI-powered live support to your website visitors.
- Meya allows you to combine with any website, software platform, or app design as needed.
- Offer assistance when customers require it, making them understand that you care about their needs.
With three different pricing options, Meya offers the necessary flexibility to integrate with companies of all sizes:
- Pro: $799 per month
- Partner: $2,500 per month
- Enterprise: Contact them for a custom-based quote.
Landbot is one of the most intuitive platforms to get started with.
Before implementing a chatbot, create a landing page or an email capture form to test the waters.
You can then set up drip campaigns in minutes and optimize your website traffic in real-time.
Increase conversions by creating engaging, personalized messages with a visually appealing design.
Use their chatbot solution builder that requires no code or technical background to create a new bot or edit an existing one.
Landbot allows you to use natural conversations to engage your audience, capture their attention, develop closer connections, and achieve better conversion rates.
You can do all of this without any coding at all.
You can also install chatbots on popular messaging platforms, website widgets, landing pages, or even embed them on your website with a single click.
Finally, linking to messaging apps (such as WhatsApp) works incredibly well.
This provides a complete solution for your business interactions.
- Landbot provides conversation starters and powerful building blocks from a single location.
- Make use of unique designs that reflect your brand image.
- You can easily share customer data internally so your customer will never have to repeat themselves.
- Connect with third-party apps for advanced functionality, including displaying external content within the chatbots.
- Create high-quality bots without any experience, segmentation, or advanced coding skills.
- Make it easy for customers to engage with you, whether on the web, via WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, or through an API-enabled channel.
With a free version allowing you to test out Landbot, there are then three different pricing plans available:
- Starter: Starting at €30 per month
- Professional: Starting at €80 per month
- Business: Custom prices are given based on your specific needs
With Aivo, you may automate your customer service and provide an omnichannel solution directly to your customers.
Manage information quickly and flexibly, and upgrade your customer service simultaneously.
Capture leads, generate revenue, facilitate payments, and provide a better post-sales experience when customers come across your business.
Aivo’s semantic engine is a potential answer for customers’ needs in this day and age – it comes equipped with multiple languages, voice messages, emojis, and more.
With B2B and B2C use cases solutions, Aivo automates your customer support to achieve greater heights.
Create your customer service content on a 100% code-free platform with ease and simplicity, allowing you to take control of your operation and design the client experience just the way you want it.
- At each phase in the customer journey, an innovative approach is taken to balance efficiency, AI capabilities and provide the right experience.
- Aivo offers an easy-to-use platform that anyone can operate with no coding knowledge.
- Providing the exact answer for every question, Aivo’s easy-to-use semantic search is the answer to labor costs that are constantly rising.
- Identify pain points your customers go through and solve them with advanced AI capabilities that create tailored interactions.
- The ability to follow past conversation threads with customers makes it easy to provide a cohesive experience.
There are two pricing plans listed on their website:
- Starter: $99 per month plus $0.15 per conversation
- Advanced: $449 per month plus $0.15 per conversation
There are also business and enterprise chatbot solutions available. You’ll have to contact them for more information about the pricing of these packages.
You can ease the burden on your team by using HubSpot Chatbot Builder to easily create, manage and evolve chatbots within the HubSpot software.
After customers are verified, your bot can decide the best course of action to take.
This can include handing off the discussion to a live agent, creating support tickets, adding individuals to specific lists and workflows, and so on.
If you have no prior experience with chatbots and no coding knowledge, that’s also not an issue because the bot creator is code-free.
After building chatbots to interact with customer conversations, you can quickly inform users about new topics, offer support suggestions for related articles, share contact information and locations, etc.
Choose a template based on your bot’s objective, and you’re up and running.
Then use the visual editor to change the conversation based on feedback, making the bot reflect your company’s voice and tone even more.
Your bot interactions don’t have to feel robotic with HubSpot since you can personalize the experience using natural language.
Because your chatbot software is linked to HubSpot’s contacts database, you will also be able to import contact information automatically.
- Contact & lead management allows you to gain valuable insights from customer data, connect with everyone in real-time, and close more deals.
- Manage your clients’ needs with ease and make it easier to keep track of transactions.
- With HubSpot, you can automate many aspects of selling and distribution so that you may focus on more value-adding activities.
- Use collected data to develop targeted campaigns that result in closing more transactions.
- Add offers to your CRM, assign activities to push deals forward, and keep track of development in your dashboards with a single click.
- Send a perfectly timed follow-up based on when a lead opens an email, downloads an attachment, or clicks a link.
HubSpot’s yearly pricing plans are as follows:
- Starter: $45 per month
- Professional: $800 per month
- Enterprise: $3,200 per Month
Botsify lets you combine different platforms for automated customer support.
If you’re looking to create autoresponders, combine other apps’ cloud services with the included live-chat service, and provide an overall better experience, this might be a solution to look into.
You can monitor site visitors’ activity with their online-user feature and interact with them accordingly.
Utilizing the page-messaging function to attract people to your site and convert them into potential leads is made easy, as is creating a successful chatbot for your website and getting users to engage with it in minutes.
Without coding, you may quickly optimize clients’ journeys, generate sales, and deliver real-time help.
The wonderful thing is that if human assistance is required, your human support team can come in at the moment they’re needed.
Botsify also offers hundreds of third-party integrations for your chatbot so that it can communicate with other apps and take payments directly from your website.
- Automate your chat and provide quick answers by a real-time assistant, attracting new consumers and clients to your products or services.
- With Botsify, you can improve conversion rates and lower reaction time, thus increasing sales.
- Create an irresistible course of action for customers and build a strong relationship with them in the long term.
- Customizing the customer experience, you can fine-tune your chatbot and make it more interactive.
- Send contextual forms to help your consumers generate qualified leads and nurture your relationship with them now and in the future.
Their pricing plans are as follows:
- Personal: $490 per year
- Professional: $1490 per year
There are also custom and white label solutions available – speak to their sales team for a custom quote.
Every aspect of your company should be scalable, and Intercom has bots that can help with that.
Automate customer support through bots to reduce time spent on these tasks and focus your energy on branding, marketing, and creating new products.
Custom bots can help you speed up customer resolutions, qualify leads, and expand your pipeline.
By building your perfect chatbot using the available tools, you may improve your revenue by offering a superior client experience and making selling a pleasant procedure for everyone involved.
Intercom is a great way to improve your business processes by having automated chat agents available around the clock, including weekends and holidays.
These agents will start conversations, ask questions, and provide answers to help customers.
- Intercome’s business messenger is a great way to chat with your customers, send them automated messages, and provide general support.
- In one location, you can handle all of your client interactions so that you can relax, knowing that no customers are waiting for your response. This also helps resolve their issues faster, resulting in a better user experience all around.
- Intercom allows you to integrate and extend their service with 300+ providers, making it easy to get started with chatbots.
You’ll have to contact them to get a demo of their product as well as a personalized quote.
Chatfuel is one of the easiest ways to build a no-code chatbot for your business.
If you have no experience coding, building chatbots might seem impossible to you, but it doesn’t have to be.
Using Chatfuel’s easy-to-use platform, you can build up your chatbot progressively without coding knowledge.
With their easy-to-use builder, you can create chatbots for Facebook Messenger, Telegram, and the Web with just a few clicks.
Instead of leading prospects to a static landing page, send them from your advertisements to a conversation page equipped with your bot.
This page can answer their questions and deliver information based on their needs.
- Chatbots can help you grow your revenue by reaching out to new people who want to learn about your business and services.
- Encourage more user engagement with a personalized experience for each contact and chat with them in multiple messaging channels (such as Zendesk or Slack) through one integration.
- Use the intuitive Flow Builder to create conversational journeys with your chatbots.
- Chatbots can help you grow your revenue by using NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) to reach out to prospective customers, providing the same level of natural interaction agents would.
- Access free, ready-made templates that you can customize to fit your business or use their builder to create conversational journeys with your chatbots.
- Automate all types of communication, including welcome messages, disclaimers, updates, notifications, and more.
They offer a trial for up to 50 conversations. After that, there are three pricing plans available, as follows:
- Entrepreneur: $9.99 and up to 100 conversations per month
- Startup: $39.99 and up to 1000 conversations per month
- Small Business: $124.99 and up to 5000 conversations per month
Ada comes in with a proactive approach for measurable customer encounters, allowing you to ensure your clients are happy with the service they get.
If your clients’ experience is suffering due to poor product interactions, Ada might be the solution for you.
Ada has developed an AI-driven chatbot that detects angry tones in your customers’ messages at a glance, allowing them to help and deliver the right solution quickly.
Your human customer support team can then take over the interaction when needed, keeping your customers happy while keeping costs down at the same time.
Using advanced AI, Ada understands precisely what clients want and links all systems together to provide the right solution across all digital channels.
- The bot instantly recognizes angry messages and flags them to your customer support team, enabling them to provide faster resolutions.
- You can give your bots the autonomy to make specific decisions and take various actions on your behalf, further shortening the time it takes for customers to get a solution.
- Ada uses predefined and customizable rules and triggers to automate personalized interactions for each customer, consolidating multiple channels and touchpoints into a single solution.
- You can also prioritize agents’ workloads by shifting basic customer service responsibilities to Ada, allowing your agents to deal with higher-priority issues.
- Better brand interactions lead to happier customers, which leads to higher customer satisfaction and retention.
You’ll need to request a demo and speak with a customer success manager to get the specific pricing on offer.
Boost.ai can be integrated and automated into your online channels, including your website, messaging apps, and e-commerce sites, without any programming knowledge needed in the backend.
Connect your virtual agent with the solutions you use today so that they can get stuff done faster.
Gather real-time data from all your customer interactions across any channel, including chat, phone calls, email, social media posts, and more.
If you want to avoid risk and uncertainty, Boost.ai makes it possible to get better results while reducing your costs.
- In any language, you may rely on market-leading natural language understanding with Boost.ai to maintain human-like provided solutions.
- If required, Boost.ai is also scalable and fully programmable so that you can use it across all of your channels and for any type of customer service – no matter how simple or complex it ends up being.
- The no-code conversation builder makes it simple for anybody to quickly build and distribute automated experiences.
- A one-of-a-kind multi-level intent hierarchy allows you to design sophisticated flows with context, filters, action triggers, and more.
Contact Boost.ai directly to get their pricing and learn more about what they can do for your business.
SmartLoop delivers personalized user experiences with a flexible and scalable conversational AI platform.
To create high-quality leads, use conversational AI to collect data and understand trends.
You’ll be able to sell more with a higher CTR by improving your email marketing and other customer channels.
With this type of marketing, you can expect a higher click-through rate and boost conversions.
You don’t need specialized skills or a development team to create chatbots to qualify leads or schedule appointments.
This means that you can concentrate on your company, leaving the repetitive tasks to AI chatbots.
- Automate sending your emails to target and re-engage inactive leads or upsell current clients based on AI logic.
- Discover what works best, analyze human interactions and see which parts of the automated process should be improved over time.
- SmartLoop will engage with website visitors and address the most pressing inquiries as an AI conversational bot.
- See your business metrics come to life, including the number of leads generated and closed, allowing you to improve as needed.
- SmartLoop can automate any customer service or sales process – from text-based chatbots to voice support agents.
To obtain the price, you must first create an account with SmartLoop.
SAP Conversational AI allows you to change how you provide customers with their user experience.
Suppose you want to take your business tasks to the next level and ensure that customers can easily transition between various stages. In that case, SAP Conversational AI can make all the difference.
With a set of services involving natural language processes, SAP allows you to build and monitor all the necessary chatbots from one interface.
Being more than just a support system, you can build enterprise chatbots that integrate with your current system to deliver outstanding experiences that are personalized at scale.
- Boost the productivity of your employees by creating workflows that work in getting everyone moving in the same direction.
- Automate the tasks that take the most time so your staff can focus on what moves the needle in business.
- Scale your systems while still providing one-to-one interaction that customers have gotten used to in business.
- Integrate all the systems within one ecosystem, ensuring that you remain in control of everything that happens in business
With pricing starting at $355 per month with blocks of 1000 chats, you will be able to pay as you go.
Other AI chatbot solutions not mentioned in this post include IBM Watson, Pandorabots, Bold360, and Zendesk.
An AI chatbot is a computer program that imitates a conversation between two individuals.
Chatbots are often used in customer service or sales operations to automate tasks or gather information from users for future use.
You can analyze this data and cross-reference it with existing customer profiles to provide material relevant to your business needs.
Your chatbot can answer common customer questions about your services no matter what type of business you run.
Such a tool aims to make life easier for both company employees and, more importantly, customers looking to get answers to their questions.
The following are some actual benefits that you can get from using the right chatbot in your business.
Companies that use chatbots can experience an increased engagement rate.
Since AI technologies are used to build the bot, one can expect more accurate responses and better customer interactions.
For example, many airline operators use chatbots to make plane bookings.
Some industries like retail also use chatbots because it can help them provide instant assistance to their customers, who, by the way, expect quick responses too.
If you plan to use AI chatbots in your company, be prepared to provide your users with a conversational experience that they will surely appreciate.
Users don’t want to deal with robotic-like customer service agents anymore.
This is where chatbots come into play.
By allowing chatting and messaging experiences, you’re satisfying what your users want – honest conversations that resemble those one has with other people.
The right chatbot platform can genuinely provide a conversational interface between humans and machines, allowing customs to have conversations with chatbots while getting the right solutions.
Conversational Intelligence Software
Another term you might come across when researching AI chatbots is conversational intelligence software.
You can use this technology to analyze customer sentiment and create better customer service experiences.
This means that, with the help of this software, you can understand how customers are feeling while they’re chatting with your chatbot.
You can use this data to improve your customer service strategy in the future and make sure that your chatbot is providing the best possible experience for your users.
Using AI chatbots in your business can exponentially boost the number of sales your company makes.
Chatbots can be used in various sales closing strategies, such as those found when handling objections at the end of a webinar.
Webinars are ubiquitous for businesses who want to generate sales leads quickly; however, they need hosts to be live and on the call to provide the correct answers.
With pre-recorded webinars being a standard selling tool, chatbots can now provide a modern-day solution to the closing stages of such an event.
Intelligent chatbots use both machine learning and deep learning to understand the questions being asked by potential customers close to making a purchase and then provide the correct answers to handle any sales objections.
When your chatbot can offer solutions that boost customer loyalty, the quality of your customer service experience turns from good to excellent.
With this one-on-one approach, customers will indeed feel that you’ve addressed their problems individually, even if it’s just automated.
As a result, users are more likely to become loyal and long-term customers, so there’s no need for you to spend extra money on marketing campaigns.
Instead, you can get referrals and word of mouth to work in your favor.
In the past, companies needed human agents to handle customer requests.
This made scalability difficult because it required human staffing to carry out the tasks.
However, scaling will become easy and cost-efficient if you use an AI chatbot platform.
The right chatbot platform can provide a scalable interface between humans and machines for real-time conversations 24/7.
Also, an intelligent chatbot platform can accommodate various forms of communications like website chats, emails, and text messages.
Chatbots can help bridge the gap between humans and machines in business by making you capable of scaling at any time of the day.
With their ability to solve queries independently without human guidance, users will indeed have a more positive experience, no matter what kind of problem they’re going through.
Many marketers are looking for new ways to improve their campaigns without spending so much money both in the short and long term.
Using AI-powered chatbots can be a new marketing solution that can help you acquire new clients and retain existing ones.
In marketing terms, an artificial intelligence chatbot can help you make the most out of your marketing campaigns by reaching a broader market in addition to the one you currently have.
With data gathered by such bots becoming more accurate as time goes by, you’ll be able to create better ads that target new customers with more accuracy.
This access to real-time data can give stakeholders a better picture of what’s going on with their users and provide them with insights to market to such people in the future.
Artificial intelligence chatbots using natural language processing in a chat widget on your site can provide automated conversations.
Therefore, you won’t need to hire more human agents to talk to customers and solve their issues.
Once you set up a chatbot on your website or landing page, the chat widget will be able to answer queries in real-time.
Users can receive instant replies to frequently asked questions (FAQs) built up in a central database as time goes by.
Think of it as having an interactive FAQ section that allows users to get answers right away without waiting for a human agent or needing to search through multiple documents.
Chatbots are here to stay. They’re offering benefits that will surely change the way companies do business in the future.
As time goes by, chatbots are also becoming more capable when it comes to the solutions they provide.
With progression in AI technology, chatbots have become better at understanding user queries while providing appropriate solutions accordingly.
Now that we’ve looked at the benefits of having an AI chatbot dealing with customer support let’s discuss the features to look out for when deciding on the AI chatbot to use in your business.
While plain text answers are appreciated, people love it even more if they can engage with your business using natural language mechanisms like slang or casual words.
By remembering that you’re conversing with humans, it makes sense to have an interactive experience with them.
After all, if users can’t communicate in a way that feels natural for them, they’ll likely lose interest in your AI chat widget and take their business somewhere else.
Unlike automated messages, intelligent conversation platforms come in with different forms of personalization abilities,
Users should feel welcomed every time they contact your business.
Advanced AI chatbots should be able to remember customers’ names and greet them accordingly if they’ve messaged your business before.
This just shows that intelligent conversation platforms can certainly meet and even exceed the expectations of customers who want personalized experiences on their end.
Having a dialogue with chatbots on your website or social media can help people feel uncomfortable if a business isn’t transparent.
With this in mind, make sure to design your AI chatbot platform in such a way where users know what kind of information they’ll be sharing with your company.
This is important for any business, but more so if you’re talking about personal info like names, contact details, and other sensitive topics regarding privacy and confidentiality.
Even though you can create intelligent chatbots that can have conversations in natural language, customers still need to see your company’s terms and conditions.
For instance, if users talk to the bot on Messenger, you should place a notice in your site’s “Message Us” section or include a note within your social media links.
Here, you can tell your customers that AI chatbots are being used and the benefits they’ll get from this experience.
Customers will not use intelligent conversation platforms if they are complicated.
For this reason, make sure that the chatbot you create is simple enough and requires minimal inputs to deliver a solution.
Some AI chatbots will also use additional AI transcription software to convert any voice interactions customers have with them into text.
The bots can then send this text to customers to provide future references about anything discussed.
Last but not least, consider adding an avatar to your AI chatbot.
Based on the type of interaction you have with customers, you can even have your chatbot make appropriate jokes now and then.
Hence, people will enjoy engaging with your business’ brand rather than avoiding it due to not dealing with a ‘real’ person.
AI chatbot software is a powerful tool to add to your marketing arsenal.
In addition to the above, it’s essential to have a strong team backing up the platform, so there are no downtimes and users don’t have any difficulty when getting in touch with your business.
Having an AI bot that can converse naturally with customers is a great way to keep them interested in your company. On the contrary, this kind of platform will be less valuable if it lacks the right features or is hard to access or use.
To recap, the best AI chatbots right now are:
- MobileMonkey: Best overall for integrating with all your marketing channels.
- ManyChat: Best for those that want to provide top-notch customer support.
- Meya AI: Best for using programming knowledge to provide a custom experience.
Before choosing the right one for your company, research which features are the most important based on your specific needs.
What do you think? Have you ever used an intelligent conversation platform in your business? What was the experience like? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com: AI intelligence tools are not just used when dealing with customers.
Many business intelligence tools also use AI to ensure that the right decisions are made.
Moreover, many customer data platforms are using the power of AI to gather specific customer information and consolidate it in one place.
If your business depends on accurate data, these are the tools to consider right now.