13 Best YouTube to MP3 Converters of 2021 (Free and Online)
YouTube to MP3 converters let you rip the audio from YouTube videos into MP3 files so you can listen to them later.
With so many content creators earning money on YouTube, it emerged as one of the most preferred platforms to watch videos. In fact, statistics suggest that 81% of 15–25 year-olds in the U.S. watch videos on YouTube.
With the right YouTube to Mp3 converter, you can access any video streaming on YouTube, download it, and convert it into MP3 format.
Next, you can upload the file onto your PC, laptop, smartphone, tablet, or MP3 player to keep playing it. It’s that simple.
However, you need to be careful. YouTube has a stringent copyright policy in place that prevents people from downloading, playing, selling, or lending any video or audio from its platform without prior permission.
The YouTube Terms of Service has stringent laws against the unlawful download and usage of videos from its platform, so make sure to pay attention to those rules.
Additionally, many YouTube to MP3 converters are loaded with bugs and malware so you have to be careful when using them. A sure-fire way to avoid this is by going with one of the paid options I recommend. below
To make sure you use the right tools, I curated this list of some of the best YouTube to MP3 converters.
I reviewed all the tools on this list based on various factors, including their audio quality, ease of use, speed, security standards, and more.
Let’s get started.
Here are my top picks for the best YouTube to MP3 converters to use this year.
Table of Contents
4K Video Downloader allows downloading and converting of videos, playlists, channels, sub-titles, and more from multiple sites.
Moreover, the entire process of both downloading as well as converting videos is straightforward. It provides a fast download, and you get to store the video in original quality even after conversion.
- Slideshow Maker – You can use this tool to download videos, edit them, and create slideshows.
- Audio Extraction – This tool allows you to extract audio from video clips.
- Multi-platform Compatibility – 4K Video Downloader makes it easier for you to download videos from platforms like YouTube, Dailymotion, TikTok, Facebook, Vimeo, among others.
- Smart Mode – Activating the “Smart mode” feature helps in faster downloads and conversion.
- It offers batch downloading
- Comes with numerous in-depth tutorials that come in handy if you’re a beginner
- Allows you to save full playlists & channels from YouTube
- You can download videos in high resolutions like 1080p, 720p, 4K, and 8K
- Enables you to extract YouTube subtitles and save them in SRT format in over 50 languages
- You can also download Virtual Reality videos
- The in-app proxy setup allows you to bypass geographical restrictions
- The tool is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac
- You can choose file formats between MP3, MP4, MKV, 3GP, M4A, among others
- Provides a 14-day money-back guarantee on product license purchase
4k Video Downloader has three different pricing options to choose from
- Bundle offer for all of 4k Video Downloader products starting at only $25 (Goes up to $65 for Pro Bundle).
- Pro offer for only $45 (This one is the best deal in my opinion).
- Personal offer for only $15.
4k Video Downloader's YouTube to Mp3 product is head and shoulders above the other free online web apps that you can find from a quick Google search.
For these really affordable prices you are able to get incredibly high-quality audio downloads.
Try out 4k Video Downloader's YouTube to Mp3 downloader product risk free.
YTD Video Downloader is one of the simplest tools, used by millions globally. It provides rich functionality and gets updated regularly to incorporate the latest technology. Moreover, it comes with a smooth, uncluttered interface that is fast and easy to use.
- Multi-format Compatibility – You can download and convert videos into formats like MP3, MP4, WMV, FLV, MOV, 3GP, AVI, and more.
- Advanced Panel – This feature allows you to monitor your activities and download multiple videos simultaneously.
- HD Videos – You can enjoy HD video quality from major streaming sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, and more.
- The tool includes a converter as well as a player
- You can pause and resume downloads
- Allows you to download videos from multiple supported sites like Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, YouTube, among others
- The interface doesn’t include any advertisements
- Provides a free email support
- The paid plans offer batch downloading
- The free version doesn’t let you download or convert more than one video at a time
- The free plan doesn’t support batch downloading
The tool offers a free version, but the pro versions are way better in my opinion.
There are three paid plans:
- 2-year plan for only $1.99 per month (paid bi-annually)
- 1-year plan for only $3.99 per month (paid annually)
- 1-month plan for only $9.99 per month
YTD Video Downloader isn't quite as good as 4k Video Downloader's YouTube to Mp3 product, but it is still an effective and easy-to-use product for the price point.
The bottom line is this. If you aren't looking for the absolute highest quality YouTube to Mp3 converter then go with YTD Video Downloader, it will get the job done.
Try YTD Video Downloader risk free for 30 days.
UniConverter by Wondershare is a great video converter and one of the safest ways to download YouTube videos and convert them into other file types.
Whether you're on a Mac or PC, you can download and convert videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, and other sites.
It claims 30x faster speed when downloading and converting videos compared to its peers. Used by millions across the globe, it also offers best-in-class video quality and file formats.
- High Customizability – This tool provides great flexibility and customizability with advanced editing features.
- Powerful DVD Toolkit – The DVD toolkit feature helps you create and edit DVD files easily (Blu-Ray).
- Optimized Video Tools – It offers a set of optimized video tools like video compressor, image converter, screen recorder, GIF maker, VR converter, DVD converter, among others.
- You can download and convert videos from a host of platforms like Vimeo, Dailymotion, YouTube, Facebook, and more.
- It offers a highly intuitive user-interface.
- It allows you to easily convert videos or photos into GIFs.
- The video compressor enables compression without any loss of quality.
- It offers a host of free DVD templates to choose from.
- You can stream your videos from Windows or Mac OS to other devices and operating systems, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, or Playstation.
- Provides a 30-day refund policy with free lifetime updates.
- Blu-Ray editing is only compatible with the Windows systems
Wondershare's UniConverter has two pricing plans that apply to most customers.
- Perpetual plan for $69.95 (one-time purchase).
- Annual plan for $59.95 billed yearly.
Obviously, the Perpetual plan is a better offer so if you are looking for a YouTube to Mp3 converter that is made by a reputable company like Wondershare, don't wait and give it a try.
With a 30-day moneyback guarantee and easy access to your downloads and converted YouTube videos on Mac and Windows, Uniconvter is a great choice.
SnapDownloader is undoubtedly one of the most popular YouTube to MP3 converters.
It is comparable to 4k Video Downloader, our #1 choice because it delivers some of the highest audio quality I've heard from a YouTube to Mp3 converter. On top of that, it is also a full-blown YouTube video downloader so you would only need this one tool for all of your video downloading.
- Converts video to audio automatically – no need to do this separately. When you download a video it downloads the audio for you as well.
- Compatible with over 900 platforms – You aren't stuck with a simple YouTube to Mp3 converter tool here.
- Built-in YouTube search – Right within the platform you can search for YouTube videos and with a simple click start your download.
- Download videos and audio files from 8k all the way down to 720p.
- User-friendly interface that is way easier to use than a lof the free YouTube to Mp3 options on the market.
- Converts to 7 different file formats including MP4, MP3, AVI, AAC, M4A, WAV, and AIFF.
- 24/7 customer support that you contact with any issue, no matter what.
- Bulk download up to 15 videos at once so you can quit wasting your time doing it one by one.
- Honestly, the only “con” of this product is that it is not free. But I could hardly call that a con because with software you almost always get what you pay for.
SnapDownloader offers four different pricing tiers.
- The “Family Edition” lifetime offer gives you license for three computers for only $54.99.
- The “Personal Edition” lifetime offer gives you one license for one computer for only $29.99.
- The “Annual Subscription” offer gives you one license for one computer for $19.99 per year.
- The “Monthly Subscription” offer gives you one license for one computer for $3.99 per month.
It goes without saying that the Family Edition lifetime offer for only $54.99 is an absolute steal.
SnapDownloader has a 30-day money back guarantee so you truly have nothing to lose. If you absolutely don't love them as your YouTube to Mp3 converter, you can easily get a refund by contacting their 24/7 support.
Try SnapDownloader risk free today.
5. aTube Catcher.
It’s one of the most popular YouTube to MP3 converters and screen recorders on this list. With this tool, you end up saving valuable computer resources as well. Moreover, it’s suitable for both beginners and experts.
- Multi-device Compatibility – It’s compatible with various devices, including iPad, iPod, GPS devices, cellphone, DVD, VCD, and more.
- Multi-format Compatibility – The tool can convert videos into numerous formats like MP2, MP3, MP4, GIF, FLAC, WAV, and more.
- Multi-language Compatibility – It’s compatible with numerous languages, allowing you to view all types of videos.
- It can also perform DVD/VCD burning of videos
- Comes with an in-built screen recorder to capture on-screen videos
- It can capture and convert video chat sessions from Windows Live Messenger, Webinars, DVD movies, and more
- You can use videos from a host of platforms like Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Yahoo! and more
- Allows you to download one copy of the software on your computer for personal use
- This tool allows batch conversion of files and download playlists
- It also offers a useful drag-and-drop editor
- Enables speedy MP3 conversion of files
- Gets regularly updated to ensure seamless video conversion
- The terms and conditions get governed by Mexican laws, not the US
- The tool works best with YouTube and sometimes doesn’t work well with other tools
It’s entirely free.
Freemake is a popular tool used by over 90 million people worldwide. It can modify and convert videos, as well as extract specific parts for your use. The overwhelming focus of this website is on the quality of the saved videos.
- Multi-platform Compatibility – Freemake allows you to extract and download videos from numerous platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and more.
- Multi-format Support – Not only MP3 or MP4, but you can also convert and save your files in formats like AVI, WMV, MKV, 3GP, and so forth.
- Holistic Video Editing – This tool lets you edit, modify, cut, join, and rotate video clips.
- Subtitle Feature – It allows you to convert and download videos along with their subtitles.
- You can use the tool to embed videos online & burn DVD/VCDs
- It offers services in 4 languages
- You can use this tool to download and convert massive 4K, Full HD, and HD files easily
- Allows you to save and convert up to 500 clips simultaneously
- It’s a high-speed tool that takes just 4 minutes to convert an entire 2-hour full HD video
- You can control and limit download speed in case of limited resources
- Enables you to unblock, convert, and save even videos blocked on video streaming platforms on explicit grounds and also enable parental control for adult sites
- The tool offers a free version
- The customer service needs some improvement
- Doesn’t always guarantee high-speed conversions
- The free version includes a watermark
It provides a free version for all your basic requirements. The paid version costs $9.95.
7. YTMP3 – YouTube to MP3 Converter.
YTMP3 is one of the most accessible YouTube to MP3 converters available. The good news is that this free tool is compatible with all types of devices, including computers, mobiles, and tablets.
- Multi-format support – The files can be converted and saved in MP3 and MP4 formats.
- Edit file names – This tool lets you edit, modify, and personalize file names when you save them.
- Quality focus – The tool doesn’t let you adjust the quality of the files, but the in-built code for the software always ensures high-quality.
- This tool offers very high conversion and download speeds
- It doesn’t involve any hidden pop-ups or advertisements and is virus-free
- The website is toolbar-free
- The tool is swift and usually takes 2 minutes for conversions
- It offers a clean, uncluttered user-interface
- Most suitable for personal, non-commercial use
- Doesn’t offer batch conversions
- Doesn’t allow you to change the quality of the audio file
- It doesn’t support videos that are more than 1-hour long
- It doesn’t allow conversion of videos that aren’t available on the public domain
It’s entirely free of cost.
Y2mate is best known for its user-friendly and rich functionality. It provides security against malware and virus attacks, which make it stand out among its peers. It’s also decidedly simple to use. Just copy the URL from the internet and paste it into the text editor and click on the ‘Convert’ option.
- Multi-format Support – The tool supports multiple video formats like MP4, MV4, 3GP, WMV, FLV, MO, MP3, and more.
- Multi-platform Compatibility – You can use it to download and convert videos from platforms like YouTube, Dailymotion, Facebook, and more.
- Unlimited Capacity – The tool allows you to download and convert an unlimited number of videos.
- It’s fully compatible with all browsers
- The tool offers a clean, intuitive user-interface and works at a high speed
- It also offers browser extensions for faster downloads
- Doesn’t allow any pop-ups on its interface, which makes it quite safe
- You don’t have to register or install any additional software
- Low loading time
- Comes with multi-language capabilities
- Conversion of long videos takes longer time
- The optimum conversion speed is available only for videos that are 8 to 10 minutes long
- The server sometimes takes too long to respond or doesn’t respond altogether
It’s a 100% free tool.
AVC or Any Video Converter is a user-intuitive tool used widely by millions of people worldwide. Its USPs are its user-friendliness and high-speed conversions. Moreover, it promises an advertisement, spyware, and malware-free interface that isn’t susceptible to any virus.
- Multi-platform compatibility – It allows you to download videos from platforms like Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, Dailymotion, and more.
- Video burning – You can download and save videos and burn them to blank DVDs.
- High HEVC – High HEVC feature makes sure that downloaded videos have a fraction of their original size, ensuring a faster way to convert videos with better quality.
- You can trim & edit videos, adjust frame rates, video & audio quality, bit rates and personalize them
- It supports a range of video inputs like MP4, MPEG, VOB, WMV, 3GP, 3G2, MKV, MOD, among others
- It also supports a variety of video outputs like WMV, MPG, MP4, AVI, ASF, M2TS, 3GP, 3G2, FLV, and more
- You can record and capture video screens in the paid version
- The tool allows batch conversion
- The paid version allows a free trial period and lifetime free updates and customer support
- You need to install the software to use it
- The free version doesn’t offer ready-to-use DVD templates
It comes with a freemium plan that is suitable for personal use. And the paid version costs $49.95.
DVDVideoSoft is a popular platform for downloading and converting videos, downloaded more than 1.4 billion times globally. It gets updated regularly to provide an excellent user experience. Moreover, it’s pretty straightforward to use. Just need to copy the URL of the online YouTube videos, paste them on the text editor, and click on the ‘Convert’ option. That’s it!
- Multi-format support – You can convert and save the files in MP4, AVI, and MP3 formats.
- Subtitle download – This tool allows you to download subtitles easily.
- Multi-format YouTube stream – You can stream it in formats like MP4, MKV up to 8K UHD, WEBM, and MP3.
- DVDVideoSoft is straightforward to use – you can simply copy-paste the URL in the text editor and convert
- The tool allows bulk downloading from YouTube and other platforms
- The download speed is swift
- Allows you to open lists of YouTube links from any text files
- You can transfer videos automatically to iTunes and export them to all Apple devices
- It’s compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and more
- The video quality of downloads is very high. It also lets you choose the quality as per your requirement
- The tool allows downloading exclusively from YouTube
It’s entirely free of cost. However, there’s a paid plan as well for more advanced features.
Free Video Downloader for YouTube is a user-friendly tool, used by thousands across the world. It’s a high-speed YouTube to MP3 Converter and provides integration with various third-party apps for a seamless video download and conversion experience. Moreover, it’s suitable for both beginners as well as experts.
- Multi-platform Compatibility – You can save videos from platforms like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Facebook, and more.
- High-quality Videos – You can convert and save videos in 720p, 1080p, 2K, 4K, 8K UHD with 60 FPS.
- Regularly Updated – The software is always up-to-date with regular, relevant updates.
- Allows you to save unlimited playlists video and MP3 music downloads
- The interface is crisp and action-oriented, with no advertisements or pop-ups
- You don’t need to download or install any software – simply copy and paste the video URL for conversion
- Enables you to save YouTube videos in formats like MP4 and WEBM and audio as MP3 and M4A
- It provides numerous easy tutorials to walk you through the download and conversion process
- It offers simultaneous download of video and MP3 audio file
- You can only queue three links at once
- It isn’t compatible with Mac
- Doesn’t provide any paid subscription with more advanced functionalities
As the name suggests, Free Video Downloader for YouTube is a free online tool.
ClipGrab is one of the easiest to use converters. It provides a fast and efficient way to download and convert videos independently of your browser. Moreover, it’s suitable for both businesses as well as individuals for personal purposes. That said, you can’t use it without downloading it first – you need first install it to start using it.
- Multi-platform Compatibility – This tool allows you to download and convert videos from platforms like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Facebook, and more.
- Multi-format Files – You can convert your videos into formats like MPEG4, WMV, OGG Theora, MP3, and OGG Vorbis.
- Options For Different Quality – ClipGrab lets you choose the quality of the video you want to save.
- It’s one of the fastest tools available
- It can automatically detect a link to your clipboard via the ‘Growls Alert’ and downloads it right away
- Provides compatibility with Windows, Mac, Linux, and more
- Comes with a detailed FAQ page that describes in detail how to download videos from various platforms and convert them
- They also have a dedicated users forum
- You have the option of downloading audio-only files from video source files
- The tool allows you to add ID3 tags using video metadata
- Comes with in-built clipboard monitoring
- You can’t install ClipGrab in Apple devices like iPad or iPhone
- You need to download the software to use it
- Doesn’t provide any paid version with additional functionalities
ClipGrab doesn’t offer any paid plans – it’s entirely free of cost.
Converto is a fast and easy to use free tool. It allows you to save YouTube videos in both MP3 or MP4 format. Moreover, you don’t even have to install it in your computer system as you can use it online easily.
Automatic addition of cover – This tool automatically adds the album cover for all your downloads
- Edit file names – You can edit the filename and ID3 tags before downloading YouTube videos, allowing great personalization.
- Edit video – This tool allows you to edit the video by cutting and removing specific parts that you might not want.
- Adjust video quality – It also allows you to adjust the video quality level of the saved files according to your needs
- It offers a single-step conversion of videos into the MP3 and MP4 formats. You can simply copy and paste the URL and click on the ‘convert’ button
- You don’t need to download any software
- There aren’t any advertisements on the online page of the tool
- The tool offers high-speed conversion from YouTube to MP3/MP4 formats
- Provides multi-language compatibility with over 10 languages
- The user interface is not visually appealing
- It’s not sufficient for commercial use – only for basic, personal use
- The tool doesn’t allow the conversion of videos that aren’t available in the public domain. This means you can’t convert videos that aren’t available on the internet
Converto is a 100% free tool.
YouTube to MP3 converters can convert YouTube videos into the MP3 format with just your web browser. You simply use a tool, put in the YouTube URL, and download the MP3 file.
These tools help you save, download, and convert videos available on YouTube into the MP3 format. YouTube is the largest online provider of videos, so you get to watch a wide variety of videos.
Once converted into this format, you no longer need to rely on a live internet connection. You can play those videos on any device that is compatible with the MP3 format.
Furthermore, MP3 isn’t the only format you can convert your YouTube video into. Most of these tools are very flexible, allowing you to convert your YouTube video URLs into numerous forms, including MP3, MPEG4, WMV, OGG Theora, OGG Vorbis, among others.
There are plenty of such converters available for free today. Some of the most prominent tools include DVDVideoSoft, ClipGrab, Y2mate, AVC, UniConverter – Best Video Converter Ultimate, and so forth.
Although there are other methods to convert YouTube videos into MP3 audio, a YouTube to MP3 converter works best.
Here’s an example of how you can use DVDVideoSoft, one of the leading tools in the market. It also offers instant conversion into the MP3 format from YouTube. Almost all these tools work similarly, so you follow similar steps everywhere.
- Always remember, copyright infringement is a crime and is a punishable offense. Before using any tool, make sure that you have the permission from the concerned authority
- In the next step, go to the YouTube video and copy the URL
- Open the converter you’re using and paste the link into the text box
- In most tools, you will find a variety of options concerning the format you want to save the YouTube video in. Some of the most common ones are MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, and WAC
- Most of the tools will display a table, asking you to designate the quality of the audio you desire in the file
- Finally, click on the ‘download’ button
The conversion usually gets completed in a matter of minutes. However, it largely depends on the quality you opt for and the size of the file.
Another good news is that most of these converters allow you to download files in bulk as well as individually.
Most of the time, people use YouTube downloaders for personal purposes. Some professionals may occasionally use them for business deliverables as well. While the feature requirements will vary from one person to another, there are some traits that are desirable for any user.
Here are some of the features that you should look for:
The converted file must have a high resolution and great video quality. Preferably, you should be able to choose the quality you want, whether it’s low, medium, or high. For instance, DVDVideoSoft lets you choose the quality of the file. Apart from the quality of the file, you might also want to select the converter based on factors like importance and storage space. Check for video files that allow you to rip 320kbps.
You may like a video that’s in a different language, and view the subtitles while streaming it on YouTube. In this case, you’re likely to prefer a tool that can convert the video in some other format while keeping the subtitles. You can use Wondershare UniConverter in this case as it supports subtitles of multiple languages.
Sometimes you might want to download YouTube videos in bulk. In such cases, the batch downloading feature is likely to come in handy. Therefore, make sure that the tool you select allows you to download and convert numerous files simultaneously. aTube Catcher is one such example.
Although most converters use MP3 as their default format, you may require a different file format like MP4, FLAC, AAC, among others. Therefore, an ideal conversion tool should be compatible with multiple formats.
Video editing requirements may come up at any moment, whether you’re converting in a professional capacity or a personal one. Therefore, it’s an essential pre-requisite for choosing a tool. A great example is AVC.
The tool should be able to convert YouTube videos into MP3 or other formats at high speed. A converter that takes a lot of time for conversion can even hamper both business and personal commitments. If you’re looking for a high-speed YouTube to MP3 converter, then AVC is a great option.
Apart from the tools on this list, there are a host of other YouTube converters available – both free and paid. Some of the most prominent ones include TheYouMP3, FLVto, and many others.
The features and quality vary between every tool. Make sure to review all the YouTube downloaders carefully before deciding which one is the best for you.
If you want it for limited personal use, you might want to try out options like ClipGrab or Y2mate.
However, if you require more advanced features, higher quality audio, SoundCloud integrations, and more, you could opt for more a more powerful tool like AVC or UniConverter – Best Video Converter Ultimate.
Which of these YouTube to MP3 converters are you planning to use? Let me know your feedback in the comment section below.