7 Best Training Management Software for Employees (2022)
With the hunt for top recruitment and talent acquisition intensifying as time goes by, organizations realize the importance of employee development and training more than ever.
According to studies, it takes three to eight months for a newly hired employee to become fully productive.
However, with the help of the proper training management software, one can expedite this process significantly.
The right software can help managers track employee progress and identify areas that may need improvement.
It can also help employees stay on top of their training goals and make the most of their development opportunities.
With learning management systems (LMSs) and digital adoption platforms becoming more and more popular, the right training management software can complement these systems perfectly, allowing employees to have a more seamless training experience.
While you don’t have to go to the extent of fully creating an online course for new employees (some even use microlearning platforms to deliver bite-sized training sessions), you can use software to deliver training modules that are interactive and engaging.
In this article, I’ll look at some of the best training management software for employees, allowing you to better understand what’s available and the functionality such software offer.
Let’s dive deep into this topic.
The following software are some of the market’s best training management software providers right now.
Thinkific is the best training management software for those that want to turn their expertise into online training courses.
With the ability to create custom eLearning courses, add quizzes, and track employee progress, Thinkific is a powerful tool for developing employees and ensuring they are constantly moving in the right direction when it comes to their career.
From the start to the end of your employee’s training experience, Thinkific makes managing their development easy.
In addition, the functionality to create custom certificates and share additional courses with employees makes this software a standout choice, allowing the right level of flexibility for your organization.
- The ability to give live lessons allows you to interact with employees.
- Upload your content in any format you want.
- Randomize quizzes to test employee comprehension.
- Track employee engagement and progress.
- The drip schedule feature will enable you to release content over time without overwhelming employees.
With a free pricing plan that allows you to test the waters, there are then three paid plans as follows:
- Basic: $39 per month
- Pro: $79 per month
- Premier: $399 per month
Get started with Thinkific.
LearnDash is the right solution if your site runs on WordPress.
This software is designed to help you create and manage online courses, making it a powerful tool for employee training.
If you want to create structured content, quizzes, and other assessment tools, LearnDash is the right tool for you.
In addition, the ability to drip content ensures that employees receive training at a pace that’s comfortable for them.
Gamification is also included, allowing you to add points, badges, and leaderboards to encourage employee engagement.
With various content layers, the ability to create micro-courses, and an engaging user experience, LearnDash is a comprehensive training management solution suitable for most businesses.
- A vibrant community means that you’ll always have help when you need it.
- Live webinars help you make the most out of the software.
- Powerful course builder gives you control over every aspect of your courses.
- Add gamification to your courses to ensure the training you deliver not only gets consumed but also sticks over the long term.
LearnDash offers three pricing plans, as follows:
- Basic: $159 per month
- Plus: $189 per month
- Pro: $329 per month
There is also a 15-day money-back guarantee to ensure that you’re satisfied with the product.
Get started with LearnDash.
TalentLMS is great for building up a more innovative organization that is better organized and adapts to various educational needs.
With an intuitive interface, it’s easy for employees to find the courses and training they need.
A solution that’s ready to go from the start, you can skip the installation and configuration process and get started with TalentLMS right away.
TalentLMS offers excellent value for money, with features usually only available in more expensive software.
Many like this learning platform because it matches their style when teaching new things.
One can deliver various types of training, including:
- Onboarding training
- Compliance training
- Customer training
- Partner training
- Sales training
This makes it a versatile choice for businesses of all sizes.
- Content-friendly and with a great variety of themes to choose from, you can create courses that look great and are easy to follow.
- SCORM, cmi5 & xAPI compliant so you can ensure the proper regulation is followed.
- The assessments engine allows you to create custom tests, surveys, and quizzes.
- Learning paths helps you guide your employees’ learning to ensure they complete the training required.
- Blended learning capabilities let you mix and match different types of learning.
The following are the plans available through TalentLMS:
- Free: $0 / month
- Starter: $59 / month
- Basic: $129 / month
- Plus: $249 / month
All of these are billed yearly.
Get started with TalentLMS.
TalentCards allows your employees to focus on getting the most out of their training with an easy-to-use interface.
With TalentCards, you can quickly create and manage employee training programs with various features provided.
If you’re concerned that creating and delivering training will take up too much of your employees’ time, TalentCards offers just the right solution that allows employees to learn on the go.
With microlearning modules, employees can train in short bursts that are convenient for them.
You can also turn training into a daily habit, with daily cards that help employees learn new skills.
TalentCards makes it easy to find the training you need when you need it.
Information gets delivered to your employees’ smartphones, ensuring that they never miss a crucial lesson when they need it.
- Record your training on the web and have it delivered to your employees directly on their phones so they can learn on the go.
- Provides microlearning sessions that are convenient, easy to use, and break down training into short, manageable bursts.
- Build card sets to help employees learn new skills over time.
- Deliver the best learning experience by focusing on what employees need to know – when they need it.
- Simplify admin tasks so you can focus on creating the best training possible and not get bogged down with the technology behind it.
With a free plan for up to five users, paid pricing plans are as follows:
Standard: $50 /month
This gives you up to 50 users, with an additional $1 per extra user.
Premium: $75 /month
This also gives you up to 50 users, costing $1.50 per additional user.
There are most features involved in the Premium package compared to the Standard.
In addition, it’s good to know that both the Standard and Premium plans support up to 2,000 users.
GoToTraining is a great platform to set up virtual training that employees can access all over the globe.
With GoToTraining, you can create and manage employee training programs with ease.
Automate your learners’ engagement and keep them on track with scheduled session reminders.
You can also track employee progress and measure the effectiveness of your training programs.
With the ability to issue a certificate of completion, you can be sure that your employees have the training they need to succeed.
If you want to grow your business and reach new markets, GoToTraining can help.
With unrivaled reliability and a global reach, you can train your employees no matter where they are.
- Android and iOS apps mean that employees can access their training on the go.
- GoToMeeting license is included so you can host live training sessions with employees all over the globe.
- 24/7 support in case you need help with anything.
- Registration management to keep track of who is registered for which courses.
- Polls, tests, and evaluations are easy to set up and measure the effectiveness of your training programs.
With the ability to try this platform free for seven days, these are then the pricing plans available:
- Starter: $109 /organizer /month, billed annually
- Pro: $159 /organizer /month, billed annually
- Plus: $314 /organizer /month, billed annually
6. Arlo Training & Event Software.
Arlo allows you to scale your business by delivering training to key employees and those in the field.
With Arlo, you can quickly create and manage employee training programs in a convenient way for everyone involved.
You can create custom training programs, track employee progress, and measure the effectiveness of your training.
In addition, if you dislike the admin process, you can save them with Arlo, thanks to their automation and simplification of everyday tasks.
This means you can streamline your employee training by automating the repetitive tasks that usually come with the training setup process.
With a focus on businesses that want to save time and crush sales targets, Arlo Training & Event Software is a great choice to consider.
- With inbuilt ecommerce and marketing, you can also use Arlo to increase sales and keep your employees up to date with the latest products and services.
- Top course management features so you can quickly create and manage employee training.
- Track employee progress and measure the effectiveness of your training
- CRM integrations so you can keep all your employee data in one place, allowing you to know more about their behavior and performance
- A certification and license management module means that you can quickly and easily award employees with their earned certificates.
These are the fees associated with Arlo:
- Simple: $89 per license per month + $0.8 per free registration +$1.6 per paid registration
- Professional: $159 per license per month + $0.8 per free registration + $1.6 per paid registration
- Enterprise: $209 per license per month + $0.8 per free registration + $1.6 per paid registration
7. Tovuti LMS.
Tovuti LMS allows you to create as many courses and lessons as you need, making it perfect for businesses with a lot of learning content to share.
With coaching support on offer for all new clients, Tovuti LMS is great for businesses that want to get the most out of their employee training.
They also have a tutorial library that is constantly updated, so you can always find what you need.
Analytics and reports are available so you can track employee progress and measure the effectiveness of your training.
In addition, they offer a wide range of features that make creating and managing employee training more accessible than ever.
Tovuti also has an open API that allows you to connect with other software, making it the perfect choice for businesses to integrate employee training with their broader business systems.
You can also create a customized LMS with white labeling available for your business.
- Send notifications to your employees when new content is available or when it’s time for them to take the following lessons.
- Creating engaging content is easy to do with the included rich text editor.
- All your content is hosted on Tovuti’s secure servers, so you don’t have to worry about storage.
- With an included PowerPoint importer, you can quickly and easily import your existing content into the training software.
You’ll have to contact their sales team to discuss your training needs and get the pricing information.
Other training management software not mentioned in this article include Salesforce and Absorb LMS.
Sometimes known as training management systems, these enable online learning through various courses and lessons.
They usually come with features that include tracking employee progress, measuring training effectiveness, and more.
This software can be a great help to businesses that want to improve their employee training programs.
A great training management system enables businesses to take their training programs to the next level.
A learning management system (LMS) is a software application for the administration, tracking, and reporting of training activities.
An LMS may be used by an organization to manage employee training, track compliance with regulatory training requirements, or deliver and measure the effectiveness of e-learning programs.
On the other hand, a training management software system (TMS) is a software application that focuses exclusively on administration training courses and programs.
A TMS will typically include features for managing course content, enrollments, assessments, and certificates.
Some TMSs also offer learning portals where employees can access their courses and complete assignments.
Given the distinction between these two types of systems, it’s essential to choose the right tool for your needs.
If you’re looking for a comprehensive solution that can manage both employee learning and training, then an LMS is the better option.
If your primary concern is managing and delivering training courses, then a TMS is the better choice.
The great news is that many platforms nowadays offer the functionality of both the above in one package.
The following are some key features that a great training management software should have.
An excellent training management system should have a user-friendly interface that is easy to learn and use.
The system should be intuitive so that employees can quickly get up to speed on how to use it.
The system should offer various course delivery options so that employees can choose the method that best suits their needs.
Options might include self-paced learning, instructor-led training, or e-learning modules.
Sometimes, having a centralized dashboard that allows you to push eLearning content, new templates, or even updated checklists immediately, is critical.
When it comes to specific corporate training, some initiatives require that a training business (or even multiple training companies) update its workflow to reflect new compliance standards.
The right authoring tool will allow this to happen and for its training process to reflect updates in a live or near-live manner.
A digital training management system should also include tracking employee progress and generating reports.
One can use this information to measure the effectiveness of the training program and identify areas where improvement is needed.
Tracking the proper metrics allows you to optimize your training, increase your profitability, as well as employee retention.
The best software solutions that can track the right metrics and progress give stakeholders a clear idea of various key data.
This includes what elements team members have completed in their training and what they still need to go over.
The system should offer a wide range of course content so that employees can find the courses they need to meet their training requirements.
The content should be well organized and easy to navigate.
Many online training course platforms might also come preloaded with courses on various topics, including business, computer software, personal development, and more.
The system should also include the ability to issue certificates to employees who complete a course.
One can customize certificates with the employee’s name, the course title, and the completion date.
The system should also include a tracking module to ensure that certificates are issued only to employees who have completed a course.
The system should also include an integrated e-learning portal where employees can access their courses and complete assignments.
The portal should be easy to use and provide various features, such as downloading materials and submitting assignments.
Considering the various employees’ learning styles, specific methods and formats might work better for different people.
The right training management system should provide a variety of these so that employees can choose the one that best suits their needs.
Some standard delivery methods and formats include:
- Self-paced learning: This is where employees can learn at their own pace by completing modules or lessons on their own time.
- Instructor-led training: Employees attend a class with an instructor.
- E-learning modules: These are lessons or modules delivered over the internet and can be completed at any time.
- Blended learning: This is a combination of self-paced learning, instructor-led training, and e-learning modules.
The right training management tool should offer training content that one can consume in any of these formats.
Giving a training program without the right management software on top of it is like sailing without a compass.
You might reach your destination, but it will be a lot harder, and you’ll probably take a lot longer doing it that way.
This is why having an excellent training management software system in place is so important.
It makes the process of delivering and tracking training much easier and more efficient.
To recap, the best training management software right now are:
- Thinkific: Best Overall For Training Management.
- LearnDash: Best For WordPress Training Management.
- TalentLMS: Best For Ensuring Training Compliance.
Make sure to consider all of the features listed above when looking for a system to manage your training program.
Do you use a different system that you prefer in your business?
If so, what are its main benefits?
Let me know in the comments below.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com: Here are some of the best online course platforms available on the market right now.
These enable you to create, manage, and deliver your courses easily.
Moreover, if you want to make your project management process more efficient, you might want to check out these project management software and tools that can help you effectively manage your resources and tasks.