Top 15 Blogging Courses to Learn Blogging, SEO, Social Media, Monetization, and More
There are thousands of blogging courses available online—many promising to transform your blog into an overnight success.
But not all blogging courses will help you build skills, attract a new audience, or reach your desired blog income goals.
- The Best Blogging Courses in 2023
- How to get the most value from online blogging courses
- Take your blog to the next level with a blogging course
- Online blogging course FAQs
- Wrap Up.
The Best Blogging Courses in 2023
- Blog Growth Engine
- Blogging for Business
- Superstar Business Masterclass
- Built to Blog
- HubSpot Academy’s Blogging Course
- Master of Guest Blogging
- Advanced Crash Course in Writing
- Doing Content Right
- SEO Training Certification
- Newsletters for Creators
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing
- Authority Site System
- Food Blogger Pro
- Google Analytics for Beginners
- The Power of Pinterest
Best for: Bloggers who want to make money from their blog fast.
Blog Growth Engine is a comprehensive course that covers everything from content marketing to monetizing your blog. As a premium blogging course, it aims to make it easy and accessible for anyone to build a successful blog.
As the co-creator, I have designed it for beginners who want to start their blog but need help knowing where to begin. You’ll learn how to create great content, optimize your website for search engines, grow an audience, and monetize your blog.
- “Thanks to BGE, I’m making between $4k and $6k a month. I’ve been trying to make money online for the last seven years and this is the first time I’m able to finally start making an income through my site.” —Marcos Isaias, blogger
The Blog Growth Engine course includes:
- Over 40 hours of training
- Access to a community of other bloggers
- Unlimited coaching calls with private blogging coaches
Whether you’re starting a new blogging journey or a full-time career in blogging, this comprehensive blogging course will give you all the tools and resources you need to be successful.
Price: Full price is $3,997, but you can get Blog Growth Engine for just $1,497 using this link.
Best for: Bloggers who use Ahrefs’ SEO software.
The Ahrefs Academy is a comprehensive training platform for digital marketers, bloggers, and website owners. It has video tutorials, marketing courses, and blog training courses available to Ahrefs users.
Its flagship Blogging for Business course covers how to:
- Set up your blog
- Optimize blog content for search engines
- Build relationships with influencers and other blogs
For beginners just starting with digital marketing, the free blogging course on SEO is perfect for getting acquainted with search engine optimization basics. This course is designed with beginners in mind so that even those without prior experience can get started immediately.
Best for: Bloggers who want an online course with community.
Superstar Business Masterclass’ author is award-winning Matthew Kepnes (also known as Nomadic Matt), a blogger who has successfully run his own travel blog for more than 14 years.
In this course, Matt shares his strategies and secrets on how to make it big in the blogosphere.
The Superstar Blogging course teaches students how to:
- Monetize your blog through affiliate marketing and sponsored posts
- Develop an engaged community
- Write content people want to read and share
- Secure press coverage for their blog
- Create an email marketing strategy for your blog
If that wasn’t convincing enough, with Matt’s blogging masterclass, you’ll have access to an online forum of 1,000+ people who can provide valuable advice on succeeding online.
Price: $99 one-time fee.
Best for: Beginner bloggers who want to make money online.
The Built to Blog course will help you get the most out of your blogging experience.
Created by successful blogger Ryan Robinson, this comprehensive blogging course covers all the nitty-gritty details of the step-by-step blogging process.
It includes more than nine hours of video lessons and 15,000+ words of private written instruction—in which, you’ll learn:
- How to create an effective blogging strategy
- How to optimize your blog posts for search engine optimization (SEO) and social media marketing (SMM).
- Advanced techniques like guest blogging and email list building
Finally, there are five hours of exclusive video interviews with ten of the world’s most influential bloggers who share their insights on success with blogging.
Price: $497 one-time fee. There’s an option to pay $97 every month for six months.
Best for: Business owners that run a blog to sell services or products.
HubSpot is a major player in the marketing industry. It’s a brand that sells marketing software with an online academy that teaches business owners how to use it.
This two-hour program is a completely free blogging course and ideal for people who want to run a blog to sell their own products or services.
- How to create a content strategy and monitor results
- How to optimize your website to get found
- How to write great content your readers naturally want to share
It’s a particularly great in-depth blogging course if you sell your own digital products. Whether it’s templates, courses, or workbooks, you’ll learn how to create a blog that funnels people towards your paid content.
Top Niche Courses for Bloggers
From mastering your blog analytics to learning how to write better, here are the best niche blogging courses to help you master every element of your blog.
Best for: Bloggers looking to learn more about guest posting.
Guest posting is a smart strategy to build links for your blog. By writing an article for another blogger’s website, you’ll not only reach a new audience, but build links to your own site that help with SEO performance.
Master of Guest Blogging, taught by Aaron Ordendorff, contains 44 step-by-step lessons that will help you secure guest posts.
- How to find sites worth pitching
- Tips on how to write a guest blog pitch
- Guidance on writing a guest post that gets accepted
The best part? The Master of Guest Blogging course includes over-the-shoulder tutorials and a workbook to assist you throughout the course.
Price: $97 one-time fee.
Best for: Bloggers who want to improve their writing skills.
Writing is one of the most fundamental blogging skills you’ll need.
The Advanced Crash Course in Writing, taught by professional writers Elise Dopson and Michael Keenan, walks you through the step-by-step process of writing a blog post people want to read.
Across eight modules you’ll learn how to:
- Research a topic
- Write blog introductions and conclusions
- Format a blog post
- Develop your own tone of voice
- Interview experts for your blog
There are also bonus resources—including templates and a Q&A session with other writers—included in the blog copywriting course.
Price: $149 one-time fee.
Best for: Bloggers who need a content strategy course.
Doing Content Right is an online blogging course created by Steph Smith. It comes with a 270 page book, recorded video lessons, 22 printable exercises, and 25-question quiz to make sure what you’re learning is put into practice.
Steph, who once worked for HubSpot and Trends, teaches bloggers how to:
- Find your unique selling proposition
- Distribute and promote your blog posts
- Monetize your content
What’s interesting about this course is that it doesn’t just focus on written content. Steph walks through how podcasts and videos play a role in your content strategy, ultimately making your blog more profitable.
Price: $150 one-time fee.
Best for: Bloggers who want to learn more about SEO.
The SEO Training Certification is another course on offer by the team at HubSpot.
It walks you through the process of optimizing your blog. The goal? To get a steady stream of readers already searching for the content you post.
Taught by Rachel Sheldon and Matthew Howells-Barby, this SEO course covers:
- SEO basics for bloggers
- Keyword research
- On-page and technical SEO
- Link building
- SEO tools and reporting
There are six lessons in total across a range of text and video-based modules. HubSpot estimates you’ll spend almost four hours completing the entire SEO blogging course—making it a great short-term training program.
Best for: Bloggers who want to grow their email list.
Email marketing gives you a direct line of communication with your readers. Instead of relying on them to come back to your blog or catch the latest article by chance on social media, your newsletter is a superb way to promote blog posts and earn money.
Newsletters for Creators was created by ConvertKit, an email marketing tool designed for modern creators. It walks you through:
- Designing a newsletter
- What to share in a blog newsletter
- How to write subject lines
- Tips to grow your email list
- Launching a paid newsletter
You don’t need to use ConvertKit’s email marketing software to enroll in this blogging course. The concepts they teach apply to any email strategy, regardless of the platform you’re using to email your subscribers.
Best for: Bloggers who want to learn more about affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is a popular way for bloggers to generate passive income. You earn commission when readers buy the things you’ve mentioned on your own blog.
This online course is designed for bloggers who want to monetize their blog using affiliate marketing.
Michelle Schroeder-Gardner, the creator of wildly successful personal finance blog Making Sense of Cents, will teach you how to:
- Pick the right affiliate program
- Write disclaimers
- Increase conversions for affiliate products
- Promote affiliate brands
In case you needed any evidence this monetization strategy works, Michelle includes the exact steps she’s taken to earn more than $300,000 in affiliate commission from a single blog post.
Price: $197 one-time fee or two payments of $105.
Best for: Bloggers who make money through niche websites.
The Authority Site System is a detailed course that covers all aspects of building an authority site. You can learn everything from keyword research and content creation to monetizing your site with ads, affiliate programs, and more.
The blogging course includes over 183 video lessons that cover everything you need to know, including:
- Market and keyword research
- The technical set up of your blog
- How to design and brand your blog
- Hiring a team and outsourcing
- Monitoring blog performance
Plus, it comes with a real-life case study website and provides copy-and-paste templates to get started on your authority site quickly and easily.
Price: $333 one-time fee.
Best for: Food bloggers looking to grow their online business.
Are you a creative foodie looking to get your recipes out there? Have you ever wanted to turn your passion into cash? With Food Blogger Pro, you can do both.
This step-by-step blogging membership includes courses that teach you how to build a successful food blog.
- How to set up your domain and hosting account
- WordPress plugin installation and configuration
- Customizing your blog’s design and layout
- How to write engaging content that drives blog traffic
Once your food blog is up and running, maximizing your visibility online is the next step. Food Blogger Pro offers tested strategies for getting more eyes on your recipes via social media platforms and search engines.
Price: $350 per year or $99 per quarter.
Best for: Bloggers who want to drive blog traffic from Pinterest.
Pinterest is an incredible social media platform to drive traffic towards your blog. The Power of Pinterest course—which is designed for beginners with no prior experience using Pinterest—walks you through how to do it.
Throughout eight modules, blogger Mallory Whitfield covers:
- How to discover content your readers have already pinned
- Which types of content performs best on Pinterest
- How to optimize your Pins for SEO
- Why you should use a Pinterest for Business account
- Monitoring Pinterest analytics
The Power of Pinterest is a Skillshare course that has been taken by almost 3,000 students.
Price: Included in a Skillshare membership ($32 per month).
Best for: Bloggers who want to learn about website analytics.
Google Analytics is a free tool that gives comprehensive data about your blog… but it can be overwhelming for many bloggers. Which metrics really matter? How do you segment website traffic?
Google Analytics for Beginners was designed to answer these questions and more.
You’ll learn how to:
- Configure Google Analytics for your blog
- Navigate the dashboard and create your own
- Track individual campaigns
- Understand website visitors’ behavior
- Create shortcuts to find your blog’s most important metrics
The best part: This blogging course was created by Google themselves—so you’ll learn how to interact with Google Analytics from the team who designed it.
How to get the most value from online blogging courses
Taking a blogging course can be an enriching experience. Not only do you learn the basics of blogging from experts in the field, but you also get concrete tips on how to create a profitable blog.
But none of the knowledge you learn from the world’s best blogging course will matter if you don’t implement your learnings.
Here are the key steps that will help you make the most of your course:
- Take notes. As you’re taking an online blogging course, take notes on all shared advice, tips, and tricks.You can return to those notes when you need a refresher or want to review something later.
- Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to speak up during the blogging course and ask questions. Your instructor is an expert in the field—they’ll be able to give you tailored advice that applies specifically to your blog.
- Take advantage of additional resources. Most blogging courses offer other resources, such as templates, checklists, and bonus tutorials. Take full advantage of these to get the most out of your system.
- Stick with it. Blogging takes time, consistency, and patience to succeed. Don’t give up if you don’t see immediate results. Keep working at it, and eventually, you will see success in your efforts.
Taking action also means that when something doesn’t work out as expected—and believe me when I say there will be times when this happens—you don’t give up.
You use failure as an opportunity to learn and grow, so things turn out differently the next time.
Take your blog to the next level with a blogging course
Blogging is a great way to share your thoughts, interests, and passions.
The right blogging course, such as Blog Growth Engine, can help you start a successful blog and turn it into a profitable business. The above list of courses, services, and resources can help you get started and on the right track with blogging.
But remember: blogging is not a get-rich-quick scheme; it takes hard work, dedication, and consistency to become a six-figure blogger.
That dedication can pay dividends when you start to make money as a blogger.
Online blogging course FAQs
Which is the best blogging course?
Blog Growth Engine is the best blogging course for bloggers of all experience levels. You’ll learn how to create a website, write engaging content, increase page views, and monetize your blog.
What qualifications do you need to be a blogger?
You don’t need professional qualifications to become a blogger. However, blogging courses exist to guide you through the process of creating and monetizing a blog.
Is there a course for blog writing?
There are thousands of blog writing courses available on the internet. The best ones have credible reviews from other bloggers, a variety of content formats to learn from, and are created by successful blog writers.
Are blogging courses worth it?
You don’t need to take a blogging course to make money online, but it’s definitely worth investing in if you want to speed up the process and skip monetization mistakes most new bloggers make.
How do you know if a particular blogging course or coach will help you reach your desired income goals?
Is it worth paying a hefty fee for a course, or can you learn enough from free resources?
These are all critical questions when considering signing up for a blogging course or coach.
Blogging is a great way to share your thoughts, interests, and passions.
The right blogging course and coaching can help you start a successful blog and turn it into a profitable business.
The above list of courses, services, and resources can help you get started and on the right track with blogging.
Further reading on AdamEnfroy.com: Here are the things I wish I knew as a beginner blogger so that you can avoid common mistakes.
The right marketing strategies can also help you grow and profit from your blog.
But remember, blogging is not a get-rich-quick scheme; it takes hard work, dedication, and consistency to reap the rewards.
Our reviews are made by a team of experts before being written and come from real-world experience. Read our editorial process here.